Scandal Ginnivan suspended after been caught with illicit substance

Remove this Banner Ad

It's facts

Go take a look at the Rioli and Stack threads and see for yourself the judgement.

It's gutless
Stacks thread which you bumped - 4 pages in 6 weeks. Ginnivans thread 6 pages within 2 days. Easy to see who's indiscretion is being highlighted more. Jog on champ

And what are the comments in both champ?

One is congratulated and the other condemned.

Sorry but there's a fair bit of false equivalency in your argument. Stack is a multiple time offender whose actions could have resulted in serious injury or death. He ran two red lights and and blew 0.102. He's been done for brawling in the street in the past.

If Ginnivan had driven high as a kite, then you'd have a point but at the moment, the most heinous thing he's done is snort a line in the dunnies at a dodgy pub. Do you really think if it was a young Indigenous star who had been caught, the reaction would be any different? Because I seriously doubt it would.

BTW - I haven't seen anyone congratulate him. Most posts have condemned him for his stupidity but it has lead to discussions regarding the widespread use of cocaine amongst people with money.

As for Rioli, I thought he was bloody stupid to tamper with his sample - being done for smoking a joint would have been a far preferable outcome than the suspension he got for tampering with a urine sample.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL players getting on it is the worst kept secret.. I was at the Torquay Hotel around mid-Jan and there were 3 Cats players (that I recorgnised) enjoying some of Wayne Carey's crushed anti-inflamotories there that night.
Off season i was at a pub and 3 Saints players all took a dump together in a cubicle. Bizzare hey

AFL players getting on it is the worst kept secret.. I was at the Torquay Hotel around mid-Jan and there were 3 Cats players (that I recognised) enjoying some of Wayne Carey's crushed anti-inflamotories there that night.
The hypocrisy of the AFL administration and ex-players in the media is amazing. I know of a player who's first time taking pills was on an end-of-season trip - his captain gave them to him and basically told him if he didn't take them he would be shunned by the rest of the players (including the captain). That captain went on to be a senior AFL coach.

Also, know another ex-coach who had a house in Asia that the players referred to as "The Drug Den". All players were welcome to come over in the off-season and the coach supplied them with an unlimited amount of drugs.

It's not just rife in the AFL - it's a culture led by those running the game.

People need to seriously get over players doing recreational drugs.

Dunno why anyone cares nor is surprised by it. These kids are on hundred-thousand-dollar salaries from the age of 18 with so much down time it isn't funny.

Ginnavan is 20 years old for gods sake. Kids are going to do drugs, it's part of growing up and testing your boundaries.

he will cop his wack and will learn from it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back