Brendan McCartney Re-Signs

Remove this Banner Ad

One of many extensions to come.

Was this necessary at this point in time?

Honestly, I would have preferred to wait and see how he goes next season. Sure, I'm confident, but if we have another bad season under him, then I don't think he's the right man for the job.

Smart move signing him now. Arguably cheaper then signing him next year when he has achieved even more success :p.

Honestly, I would have preferred to wait and see how he goes next season. Sure, I'm confident, but if we have another bad season under him, then I don't think he's the right man for the job.
1425489_show_default.png

I agree, if we have a bad season or two then we have nowhere to move given the contractual and relative financial situations we are in. It's good for him personally, it's good for a stable environment which unlike at least 2 other clubs we have, but I'm a little wary of the signing.

Great news, show our commitment and faith in the long term vision Macca has for our club. As a small club we need to draft well and build steadily towards a premiership and be patient with the route that has been chosen, we can see from the success of Hawthorn and Geelong that it will pay off.
We can't compete against Collingwood and West Coast who can just lure the top players to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's really a smart move doing this now I think. If in a couple of years we're a really good young team in the finals, no one like Freo or Hawthorn will be able to poach him.

Hopefully the player development continues under Macca. Griff and Minson have became elite under Macca. Minson finally got his chance to be the no 1 once Eade/Hudson left, Griffs learned how to break a tag, Libba's stepping up big time, Roughy looks ok at full back. Gia and Murph are playing their roles extremely well. Wallis has finally found his spot in the team as a tagger. Coons is back up and played his best footy since 2010.

Hopefully next year Dahlhaus continues on from his final third of the season and becomes a dynamo and Jonesy starts taking games by the scruff of the neck (pleasssseeeeee). Would like to see 1 of these 2nd year players step up like what Libba did also etc Stringer/Hunter and put themselves into NAB RS contention.

Hopefully the player development continues under Macca. Griff and Minson have became elite under Macca. Minson finally got his chance to be the no 1 once Eade/Hudson left, Griffs learned how to break a tag, Libba's stepping up big time, Roughy looks ok at full back. Gia and Murph are playing their roles extremely well. Wallis has finally found his spot in the team as a tagger. Coons is back up and played his best footy since 2010.

Hopefully next year Dahlhaus continues on from his final third of the season and becomes a dynamo and Jonesy starts taking games by the scruff of the neck (pleasssseeeeee). Would like to see 1 of these 2nd year players step up like what Libba did also etc Stringer/Hunter and put themselves into NAB RS contention.

That's a lot of improvement, I hope in 2014 we see McCrae and Stringer stamp their foot to become best 22, I hope Cramieri will play his best footy with the dogs, I would like to see Roughy go to the next level along with Koby Stevens who showed glimpses of what he could be last year. I also hope to get HIggins and Wlliams back in the park, I heard that Williams is doing either ballet or Calisthenics to help his body become more flexible so I hope that helps, and finally apart from the debut of this year's draft, I want to see Prudden debut.

Stability is ultra important. At the end of the day, if things go pear-shaped then they can always do what every other club (and us) has done over time and sack him.

However, given the backing the management have given BMac I expect to see everything full steam ahead now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back