Coaching Staff Brendon Bolton - Senior Coach - Locked in until end of 2020 (23/5/18)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
rusty-chain-link.jpg

Bolton made a point of saying that Newbold (President) and Fagan (General Manager) drove the culture of Hawthorn, on SEN.

Is it too early? :)

Actually said Newbold and Fox (CEO) drove the culture.

Two points:

1. Our president and CEO are new.
2. Part of driving culture is to weed out those that won't or don't fit the culture.

Actually said Newbold and Fox (CEO) drove the culture.

Two points:

1. Our president and CEO are new.
2. Part of driving culture is to weed out those that won't or don't fit the culture.

The culture of a club is ingrained over a period of time and can't be changed overnight.
The point stands and you wonder whether it may have been a considered and pointed statement by Bolton......he's not silly.

The culture of a club is ingrained over a period of time and can't be changed overnight.
The point stands and you wonder whether it may have been a considered and pointed statement by Bolton......he's not silly.

Doubt it Harks. He's recognising the strengths of Hawthorn, rather than having a shot at the weaknesses of Carlton 5 minutes after walking in the door, knowing very little about the place. If he came to Carlton with a preconceived idea based on the sacking of Malthouse and Rogers and a few players leaving, I doubt that he would have come.

Just listening to more of that interview, he suggested his values and perceptions of the club aligned with MLG, McKay and Trigg. Said they recognised where they were at and had ideas how to move forward and he talked about the solidarity in their position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get the vibe that the players will get enjoyment back in their footy under Bolts and will really play for him at all costs.

They will however need some early gains / wins to get some confidence in the messages being given and belief in the game plan.

If this happens then the sky is the limit.

I get the vibe that the players will get enjoyment back in their footy under Bolts and will really play for him at all costs.

They will however need some early gains / wins to get some confidence in the messages being given and belief in the game plan.

If this happens then the sky is the limit.

Totally agree NO17,
However its going to a long crawl back From our!!
! journey-to-the-center-of-the-earth-movie-poster-1959-1010451848.jpg

Totally agree NO17,
!View attachment 175892
Agreed it will be a long haul and it won't be instant on field success. But I think the spirit of the TEAM came back a bit under JB and get the feeling they will be a really tight and focussed group under Bolts.

..... and it would be nice to start moving away from the magma.

I am very confident that under BB the team will improve perhaps not exponentially like the Cronulla Sharks in the NRL (last to second week in the finals) but they will improve and then in 2017 we should be looking for a place in the finals (fingers and toes crossed).

I am very confident that under BB the team will improve perhaps not exponentially like the Cronulla Sharks in the NRL (last to second week in the finals) but they will improve and then in 2017 we should be looking for a place in the finals (fingers and toes crossed).

Liked because I'm a Sharks supporter. So much easier to bounce back in the NRL though. A more even comp, no draft, players switching all over the place.

Totally agree NO17,
!View attachment 175892
I love this movie. Totally realistic. Pat Boone wandering through the mountains singing "my heart's in the highlands'. The duck steals the movie. Gertrude you were magnificent. I hate the evil dude who eats her because he's hungry. Those giant mushrooms looked tasty. Probably wasn't a vegetarian.

Neil Craig in the mix for key Blues role

Neil Craig has emerged as a leading contender for the Carlton director of coaching position, with chief executive Steven Trigg confirming the former Adelaide coach has held talks with the Blues.

New senior coach Brendon Bolton has interviewed Craig, who heads a list of candidates for what is shaping up as a major overhaul of the Carlton coaching team.

When did this suddenly become news?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back