Would you like to see the AFL reintroduce the AFL Reserves Competition

• Yes

Votes: 98 80.3%
  • No

Votes: 24 19.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Where have i said that?

Thats always you. Go straight to the "northern clubs want everything on a platter" routine. Such a sook.

Well just because i dont believe your blinkered view doesnt mean i dont have northn states footy to my heart.
The stronger it is up here the better for all 4 clubs.
Having a national reserves tier inbetween AFL and State leagues is whats best, in my opinion, for the game.

I don't think the clubs do. I think their fans do.

You seem more than willing to hurt football in the northern states in order to help your club. e.g Having the academies run by clubs rather than AFLNSW/AFLQLD, becuase even though that way elite player development will only happen for players who your clubs might make their lists, it means they'll get onto YOUR club lists.....screw the rest of the game in your states...If you can't gain, who cares, right?

The reserves and VFA were two different comps and worked fine when I started watching football.
ACT footy was fine too back then.
We've screwed it all up in last 25 years. Time to right some of the wrongs.

You seem more than willing to hurt football in the northern states in order to help your club. e.g Having the academies run by clubs rather than AFLNSW/AFLQLD, becuase even though that way elite player development will only happen for players who your clubs might make their lists, it means they'll get onto YOUR club lists.....screw the rest of the game in your states...If you can't gain, who cares, right?

There is a reason the clubs run the acadamies, and it goes back to long before they were acadamies and even a gws

Back in the day the afl handled the promotion, marketing, and development of the game in NSW, and they basically balls it up. They were not making any tangible connection with the community, and the decision was made that the swans would take over much of the work

This was because people in Sydney only cared about the swans, generic "afl" meant nothing to them

This legacy meant the swans were best placed to run academy programs in NSW, as they had already est the direct local investment ties needed.

No doubt in a perfect world all academies would be afl run, but we aren't in one

As i said in every post i think itll improve footy in the region as a whole not just for the 4 clubs.
I think have closer tiers will mean the players wont have to make such a huge leap and will help improve them.
Just because you disagree, which doesnt bother me considering your posting history about the region, doesnt mean its incorrect.

Last edited:
Back