Brisbane V Adelaide @ the Gabba Round 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Did Dwayne seriously say Adelaide never had the chance to play against Fitzroy?

Anyhoo, all the Brisbane v Adelaide shitfighting aside, I'd like to remind everyone of just how pathetic the standard of AFL commentary is at the moment.

Derwayne was the smartest bloke in the box today (you would be too if you were competing with Lynch and Frawley) and he came out with the above quote.

My personal fave was when Frawley said: "Walker's kicked 24 goals in his 12 matches so far this year - that's more than 2 a game".

Wow. Just wow.

Wow..
You're showing some top qualities in here..
And yet, if he didn't get injured most people would be calling for the umpires to stop paying pathetic behavior.

Not my fault he got hurt, he ducked and you take the consequences.

I'm sure you enjoyed posters acting like flogs when the smashed you then?
That poster carried on sooking with sour grapes, that's why the other poster is having a crack back..
Me, I'm simply pointing out we are not some premiership contending experienced team downhill skiing all over Brisbane, as the poster painted us as..

Wow, classy poster this one.
So you condone ducking your head to win a free kick?

Sure, he got injured and that sucks but if he didn't get injured he'd be labelled a ducker.

Because I had an opinion on your team and you didn't like it?

That poster carried on sooking with sour grapes, that's why the other poster is having a crack back.

Correct. ;) :thumbsu:

And now he's trying to justify to everyone why he said Lynch 'got what he deserved' in a trip to hospital. Quality stuff.

He already had his head down when the Brisbane player ran into him. So you're wrong in suggesting he ducked his head and deserved to get injured as a result.
I would suggest you watch the replay, it is on the AFL website.

He picked the ball up, looked up (moved his head upright) and put his head back down to receive a head high tackle and win a free kick.

So you condone ducking your head to win a free kick?

Sure, he got injured and that sucks but if he didn't get injured he'd be labelled a ducker.
That has nothing to do with "he got what he deserved"..
No one deserves to be in possible health troubles like that over a game of ******* football..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That has nothing to do with "he got what he deserved"..
No one deserves to be in possible health troubles like that over a game of ******* football..
Most people are aware of the risks that are associated with head ducking, Lynch would be no different.

You duck your head into another player and that's what can happen, as I said - it sucks he got injured but if this was stamped out like it was supposed to be, he wouldn't have attempted it and gotten injured.

So hard to defend this team, the only positive is their young age.

Adelaide don't have a single teenager on the field, we have like 6?

One team should be challenging for a premiership, the other is a few years away.
Righto, our oldest player was 27 today and Brisbane were only a couple of games less experienced as well, huge difference! Both had 18 players under 100 games too. But you keep going with those sour grapes.:thumbsu:

Righto, our oldest player was 27 today and Brisbane were only a couple of games less experienced as well, huge difference! Both had 18 players under 100 games too. But you keep going with those sour grapes.:thumbsu:
Where did I say anything about your age?

I make one comment about teenagers being on the field and suddenly I'm calling Adelaide old.

Can't wait 'till Mayes and Aish get "homesick".

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...836352745?nk=19e3c32d158a4ecec120df52386c5c96

:)

At least put in a tiny bit of effort mate.

Anyways, as poor as we were today Adelaide looked hungry, clean and focused. Impressive effort and they didn't ease off, they went for the kill when they needed to. Jacobs was absolutely immense. The West Coast loss might have been the kick up the arse they needed.

For us, it is what it is. Hurts obviously but part of the fun with an inexperienced team I spose!

Where did I say anything about your age?

I make one comment about teenagers being on the field and suddenly I'm calling Adelaide old.
Ah, you said we should be pushing for a premiership with a team that has their oldest player at 27, and had 18 guys with less than 100 games playing today. You're not backtracking very well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back