Brisbane V Adelaide @ the Gabba Round 20

Remove this Banner Ad

So hard to defend this team, the only positive is their young age.

Adelaide don't have a single teenager on the field, we have like 6?

One team should be challenging for a premiership, the other is a few years away.

Arbitary cut off for youth and bitter post. They still had Lyons, Cameron, Grigg, Crouch and Thompson out there all with around about 20 games or less, and Lynch, Jenkins and Martin have only around 30.

You got flogged today by a team that is not challenging (and nor should be with their age demographic) for a premiership. They are mid-range. Their 4 best players (Dangerfield, Sloane, Talia, Walker) are only entering their peak years, not towards the end of them. Face it, Brisbane just plain sucked today.

Lol you're hilarious. NFI.
Hilarious maybe, but I have more of an idea then you.

Just for note, we did have a mix of experienced players and inexperienced out their - sadly the inexperienced outways the experienced at the moment but rewarding old, slow and badly out of form veterans isn't the answer.

And if you think it is, then you have NFI.

Typical Bigfooty response to a loss: "Your team played well, but it's not like they're going to have an impact in finals anyway. Plus we're younger."

Even worse of an excuse when the winning team had 9 guys with less than 50 games, and 5 best players (imo) are all 24 or younger (Danger-24, Sloane-24, Walker-24, Talia-23, Smith-22)

First quarter, was looking to be a quality game and Brisbane overlap and run at the start was killing us.

Afterwards, we got control and just killed it from there... good response after a capitulation against west coast and two injuries... one could be career ending really.

Even worse of an excuse when the winning team had 9 guys with less than 50 games, and 5 best players (imo) are all 24 or younger (Danger-24, Sloane-24, Walker-24, Talia-23, Smith-22)

and played with 2 players down for a half in the heat....Lions were pathetic and no amount of pulling out the "Youth Cards" will justify it....Piss poor from the boys!!!!

Last edited:
24 is a prime age for a midfielder. If they were all teenagers your point would be valid.

24 years of age is 6 years in the system and a lot of time to grow/learn.

Not sure what point you're trying to make? That is considered being in their prime (24-28).

A skinny 18-19 year old isn't going to be able to compete with a matured body like Dangerfield.

Hilarious maybe, but I have more of an idea then you.

Just for note, we did have a mix of experienced players and inexperienced out their - sadly the inexperienced outways the experienced at the moment but rewarding old, slow and badly out of form veterans isn't the answer.

And if you think it is, then you have NFI.

No, you don't. You just don't. Your first bitter loss post illustrates all about how little you know. Now stop trying to paint yourself as the all-knowing, most intelligent experienced poster of BF. you know nothing about me so quit with the floggish stuff. If you are able to. Keep it on topic. Which is we smashed you by 105 points, your club's greatest ever loss in the AFL.

No, you don't. You just don't. Your first bitter loss post illustrates all about how little you know. Now stop trying to paint yourself as the all-knowing, most intelligent experienced poster of BF. you know nothing about me so quit with the floggish stuff. If you are able to. Keep it on topic. Which is we smashed you by 105 points, your club's greatest ever loss in the AFL.
I can't wait til you guys are bottom 4, will wipe the smugness right out of you, if you even support them then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And there it is, the diversion from the topic at hand.

:thumbsu:

I can't wait til you guys are bottom 4, will wipe the smugness right out of you, if you even support them then.

Lol. You'll be bottom 4 before we are. There is no smugness. It is a response to what was a sooky 'we lost but you're not that good and we had teenagers out there' post. Deserved what it got IMO.

Lol. You'll be bottom 4 before we are. There is no smugness. It is a response to what was a sooky 'we lost but you're not that good and we had teenagers out there' post. Deserved what it got IMO.
Almost like that guy who ducked his head.

24 years of age is 6 years in the system and a lot of time to grow/learn.

Not sure what point you're trying to make? That is considered being in their prime (24-28).

A skinny 18-19 year old isn't going to be able to compete with a matured body like Dangerfield.
And it works both ways, some of our younger players can't compete with mature bodies like Rockliff etc..

Under 50 games: Adelaide 10 vs Brisbane 15..
50-99 games: Adelaide 8 vs Brisbane 3..
You had 4 players over 150 games, we had 1..
If you're marking those figures or discrepancies down as the reason and saying we had an experienced team today who are challenging for a premiership, well, good luck..

The side are rebuilding, what do you expect?

We probably will, I don't see how that is relevant however.

Right. Hospital, and possible quadriplegia. THIS shows how much of a s**t bloke you actually are.
Oh wow, some clown on the internet thinks I'm a s**t bloke.

My life is over, piss off you muppet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back