Toast Brodie Grundy - Outstanding effort in the Ruck against Gawn.

Remove this Banner Ad

TheSierBear

Premiership Player
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
soft spot for Carlton out of pity
Up against the in form ruckman in the competition, thought he played fantastic. Competed all day and was one of our best players. A shining light in a horrible loss. Along with Moore, Aish, and a few others that deserve a toast. We probably arn't in it this year, so it's easy to stomach a loss for mine, when clearly you see a player who clearly has what it takes to be the best at his position in the game.

Grundy and Gawn will have awesome battles in the ruck for the next decade.

Last edited:

Agree. His decision making at times can be horrific but his effort and overall effectiveness is very promising. He didn't get dominated in the hitouts and worked hard around the ground. He seemed to be making a real effort at using his strength in the ruck contests as well.

Grundy can hold his head up for sure. I thought he was one of our best against a really good opponent.

Yes. Effort yes! Let's give him an encouragement award

Was huge for us. Ran hard to be a link player. Rucked competitively. Definite a rare shining light.
You get the feeling that if we had a good game plan we could have won today.
Can have the best game plan in the world, but if you have terrible players it makes no difference

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grundy was good after 1/4 time but was absolute poo in the first q & cost us 2 goals.

Also I don't like stat rackers doing the old one two which he tried a few times today, one was ok two were poo.

I'm not convinced we do have terrible players. We have done that let us down but we actually have a better list than this ladder position suggests.

We do have terrible players but those terrible players are not the future.
We have some very good players who are the future.
Adams, Treloar, Grundy, Aish, DeGoey, Moore, is top notch quality as are Elliott, and most likely Scharenberg whenever he gets back and Ramsay. Oxley looks good too.
Clokes erratic form, Jarrad Blair, Jesse White, and unfortunately Tom Langdon is not the future or what it ill take to make Collingood great again. With a good coach and a great game plan Collingwood will be great once again soon.

Buckley is still and will always be a Collingwood legend, he's had awful luck but I don't think he can coach.

He tried manfully, but he makes some poor decisions at times and as a ruckman is always going to be up against it playing giants from other teams. Maybe he is a better inside mid than ruckman. Nevertheless if others had tried as hard today we might not have been so comprehensively smashed.

If Grundy can have the better of the best ruckman in the game and an absolute beast, then he should dominate the rest with the exception of NicNat and Goldstein. Because that would make him, the best ruckmen in the game, potentially.

Goldstein,
Gawn,
NicNat are the three elite, today saw all the hallmarks that Grundy can, and should get there soon. I like that he's a black belt in some sort of martial art, so he should be able to get his head right to get there, as he has all the attributes, the rest is upstairs.

Cant believe you ppl are talking him up, he had some absolute shocking turnovers, he has a long way to go to even consider him our #1 ruckman

There's potential sure, but pull ya head outta his ass if your rating him atm

Grundy got smashed when we lost the game in the 1st quarter. After quarter time I thought he improved a great deal and while making some frustrating mistakes, did some good things and was promising.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back