Game Day Broken thread (old round 8 discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Storyteller Dumbledore.gif

Did we see last week coming .....players injured, players missing with CoVid Protocols .....ooops we shouldn't be saying that phrase, it's now H & S protocols ....we even want to abbreviate it, to avoid any misconception

We Coach's scrambled to field teams, high number of rookies ...hoping to get thru the week ...and then Rock The Pac scores come tumbling from everywhere ....Short playing midfield .....Stewart, wing WTF !

I got 2,501 for the week .....an ave score, last week ......an average score ???

Feeling for those Coach's without Stewart, Short, Miller ect .....however, our teams always have a solution

Angry Blackbooks fire.gif

So, this week .....do we travel back in time to pleasantville .....bland, predictable, black & white ?
Covid ripping thru the west ....WC attempting to pull a side together, their WAFL side cancelling, oops, postponing this weeks match, due to a lack of players

Seems this season is about predicting the unpredictable .....more DPP announcements coming .....Coach's being kents, and throwing sides around, where does Macrae play in the 4th Qtr this week ..... Whitfield playing HF :eek:
So, I pose the question ....with all this uncertainty of player roles, and DPP's ....is going full premo early, the correct strategy ?

challenge-accepted.gif

1651705778948.png
Rozee v Butters ....does Rozee have a future in SC planning ?
Does English return ...if the Bont is injured, does the Coach protect him up fwd .....and throw him in the midfield & who does that impact ?
Desperately need my old Macrae back ...can't be considered for VC at this juncture ....and English, if you could drop a stinker, would be appreciated ....would help Sammy Hayes
McComb will either verify his Rookie money making status this week, or simple be another meteorite rookie?

1651706216501.png
North at Optus Stadium ......Brayshaw, Brodie, NOD and Darcy "should" have a day out ....hope Coach's have held NOD for this game
Mighty tempting to put the (VC) on Brayshaw ......but there are so many more dependable options this week

1651706460805.png
A great match-up for SC ......expecting (hoping) another great scoring round from my 2 RICH players; Short & Vlastuin .....please don't get injured Vlasty !!!
Dusty back ....which can only be good for Short
A 2nd look at Maurice Rioli ....hard to see him being a viable Rookie TBH

De Goey .....hoping his price drops further, certainly on the radar .....but suspect the RICH gamestyle will suit him to a tee

1651706753464.png
The Question ....Is Touk Touk back to the SP of last season ? ......can Heeney keep kicking goals up fwd, to remain a good SC FWD option ......how can we afford to bring in Mills, the most expensive player ATM

McCartin back, which is great news, for any Footy lover
Absolutely Mills, a great (VC) option on his current form

1651707101036.png
At Manuka, most pundits would put this as a GWS win ......can't believe the punters have the Cats favourite ?
Jelly hitting some form, just the right time for Judd_Magic to bring him in .......Tom Green maintaining his extraordinary form, an SP Mid next year for sure, but can he keep it up all season ?

Stewart watch ....will GWS target him for "cooling" ?

Whitfield .......meh !
GLwW.gif

1651707760499.png
Neale (VC) surely, against a patched-up WCE at The Gabba

Tough road-trip / opponent for 2nd gamer Clark ......BRIS will be ruthless, this will be ugly .....will Dixon be selected
What has happened to Jarrod Lyons ..... a shadow of his former self ....it has to be more than the "Neale Effect"

1651708052173.png
And now ....the riskiest match of the round !!

Gawn v Ryder / Marshall ......Piggy / Petracca v Steele ......One of Oliver or Petracca will get off the chain, but also expecting Steele to have a big match .....MELB are not the most defensively minded midfield ?

(C) options a bit of a gamble .....or is it ? .....Gawn is in irrepressible form

1651708393329.png
Hopefully late SUN game sees Hewitt get up
Big watch Carroll ....might have a tougher time this week .....doubtful Hinge back, sorry

Cripps (C) .....no-one in the Crows midfield, capable of stopping him !

manwith-red-shirt-mic-drop.gif

Have a great round everyone !!!

Last edited:

Hinge and Hough making another 20k each before being dropped again.

Pay Day Money GIF by HRejterzy
Hough making a bit of extra cash before deciding whether to trade him to Carroll would be lovely. Makes the correction hurt less.

If he can somehow fluke a 70, he'll get to $180k, and if Carroll is a must-have with another big score, that's a ~$60k profit, which is bearable.

Probably dropped for Witherden/Nelson the following week anyway.

Please please please give me a cheap DEF rookie named to play this week.
I'm going early on somebody (to access Daicos/NOD money), so it would be nice if they're playing this weekend, otherwise I'm going completely blind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want a spike game from Ward.
Back from a break like Gibcus please.
I traded both Gibcus and Ward out when they were rested
So after what Gibcus did, I reckon put Ward on field over Neale, 220 coming right up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back