Brownlow Medal 2010 (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha um...no :thumbsu: other way around.

Do you seriously think Goddard will out poll Hayes?

Watch Goddard play, every free kick against him he gives a absolute mouthful to the umpires. He has had a great year but this will lose him alot of votes, where as Lenny polls out of his skin and is the kind of bloke that the umpires love i.e. Black in the past. Hayes should have Goddard covered by 5 or so votes imo.

Yes yes, and while the talk of Goddard vs Hayes, Rodan vs Boak and Lecras vs the world continues...let us not forget that the overall medal belongs to 'Swanwick'....I love all the rubbish opinions about Pendles and people wasting countless dollars whilst trying to come up with some rediculous theories on why he'll out poll the great Dane when the whole footy world has basically awarded him everything for 2010. If you haven't jumped on Swan prior to round 20, opportunity missed. The signs were already there. Boom.

Good luck though...I'm no pies supporters but come on people, there's a reason he's $1.90 even if you try to ignore it.

Good luck though...I'm no pies supporters but come on people, there's a reason he's $1.90 even if you try to ignore it.

Can't help myself here. Yes mate, its called "HYPE". How else do you explain him shortening from $2.50 more than a week after the final home game to his seriously unders quote at $1.90 right now? Did you get on board because he was BOG in the final?? Or because be won the players MVP?

The medal is much more wide open than the betting tale. He was a $5 chance last year and polled only 12 votes. Nothing is certain. But good luck.

Yes yes, and while the talk of Goddard vs Hayes, Rodan vs Boak and Lecras vs the world continues...let us not forget that the overall medal belongs to 'Swanwick'....I love all the rubbish opinions about Pendles and people wasting countless dollars whilst trying to come up with some rediculous theories on why he'll out poll the great Dane when the whole footy world has basically awarded him everything for 2010. If you haven't jumped on Swan prior to round 20, opportunity missed. The signs were already there. Boom.

Gablett says hi :cool:

It's funny because Swan was $1.02 to win Pies votes last year whereas this year he is $1.20+

If it can happen last year it can happen this year.

Ah look, I know.....it's a fair point, why he shortened isn't driven by any more votes being attained! Obviously...I'm surprised people have backed him so late in the peice. In any case, I think it really is Swan's medal but yes, the umps have definitely showed us that they are pretty hard to predict when it comes to this stuff.

I backed him at $3.50 which I think is pretty decent given, for me, the medal really sits with him more than Gary as his year was better than the last and he doesn't have 5 or 6 players making all-Australian in his side that will inevitably steal alot of votes.

Swan vs Pendles & Didak (let's face it, those are the real two obstacles, maybe Thomas occasionally but not really)
unlike
Ablett vs Bartel, Chapman, Enright, Johnson, Selwood, Kelly, Ling (and don't anyone say it ain't true!)

Ah look, I know.....it's a fair point, why he shortened isn't driven by any more votes being attained! Obviously...I'm surprised people have backed him so late in the peice. In any case, I think it really is Swan's medal but yes, the umps have definitely showed us that they are pretty hard to predict when it comes to this stuff.

I backed him at $3.50 which I think is pretty decent given, for me, the medal really sits with him more than Gary as his year was better than the last and he doesn't have 5 or 6 players making all-Australian in his side that will inevitably steal alot of votes.

Swan vs Pendles & Didak (let's face it, those are the real two obstacles, maybe Thomas occasionally but not really)
unlike
Ablett vs Bartel, Chapman, Enright, Johnson, Selwood, Kelly, Ling (and don't anyone say it ain't true!)

Ball, Beams, Wellingham, Obrien, Maxwell, and Sidebottom have improved this season by a mile. These players will also nab a few of Swans precious votes. If Dane Swan does not poll above 20, Pendlebury will beat him IMO

Judd

Round by round

4. 3
5. 3
6. 2
7. 1.5
8. 3
9. 0.5
10. 1.5
11. 1 = 15.5 at half way
12. 0
13. 0.5
14. 2.5
15. 0
16. 0
17. 2
18. 0
19. 3
20. 3
21. 0
22. 0.5 = 27. Could be a couple votes up or down, but hopefully enough to at least draw with Ablett if he struggles with next year blues and perhaps either of Swan and Pendles if they fight for votes. Can't wait for Monday night!

I think Hayes will beat Goddard in the votes. No doubt Goddard has had the better year, although i think Lenny has had a better season this year than last. But its been proven over time that players that back chat constantly dont poll votes, which is why the award is called the Fairest and best.

All these players have had standout seasons but never polled many votes in that same season.

Chapman last year and the year before (super years) - 12 and 6 votes
Kornes - avg over 27 disposals in his last 4 seasons whilst destroying his opponent - avg 6.75 votes and a max of 13
C.Cornes - last 5 years just 19 votes, only got 12 votes in his best year (must admit he did get 22 one year)
Hodge - Only polled 2 votes in his second best year when the hawks won the flag, became the best player in the comp for the last 8 weeks of that year (has polled 15 and 16 before)

Certainly arguing with umpires can cost you votes, but they cant not give you 3 if your clearly BOG which Goddard has a few of. It will be the ones and twos that become ones and 0's that will hurt him. For the record i have Goddard polling 16 and have marked him harshly compared to Hayes 19. So it will be very tight, but im confident in Hayes. I also have Hayes with the ability/chance to genuinely poll in another 3 games compared to Goddards one. I give Hayes a genuine chance to poll in 12 games.

Judd

Round by round

4. 3
5. 3
6. 2
7. 1.5
8. 3
9. 0.5
10. 1.5
11. 1 = 15.5 at half way
12. 0
13. 0.5
14. 2.5
15. 0
16. 0
17. 2
18. 0
19. 3
20. 3
21. 0
22. 0.5 = 27. Could be a couple votes up or down, but hopefully enough to at least draw with Ablett if he struggles with next year blues and perhaps either of Swan and Pendles if they fight for votes. Can't wait for Monday night!

No chance of polling that many

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No chance of polling that many

He polled 22 last year and has had more clear BOGs this year. Also murphy and gibbs polled 30 votes between them last year and they are no chance of getting that this year. I would say its unlikely he will poll 27 but not impossible and he will go close.

Regarding the Goddard views about back chatting the umpire does anyone think that this will effect JVoldt? He goes fairly nuts at the umps.

He polled 22 last year and has had more clear BOGs this year. Also murphy and gibbs polled 30 votes between them last year and they are no chance of getting that this year. I would say its unlikely he will poll 27 but not impossible and he will go close.

Regarding the Goddard views about back chatting the umpire does anyone think that this will effect JVoldt? He goes fairly nuts at the umps.

Judd has had a better year than last and yes I think the JRVolt sprays have to come into the umpires minds, but then again Richo used to go off a little at them too and he lead Tiges votes. Hard to say. We will see Monday

If I can't be recruited for the private forum can I please at least ask BK, Forthwrite, Walkerthestar, AjGuns, Athomas, Stuziman etc to still post here now and then as Bigfooty is just not the same. It is losing it's appeal.

BTW how many people out there lost money on Doubles of B'low winner with Cats Flag? I will be honest. I have lost approx $600 on that bet.

centrebet offering chris judd to get 19 votes or more at $1.68.. sounds pretty juicy to me. everyone in this forum has him on at least 20 votes from what i have read.. ;)

BK, Forthwrite, Walkerthestar, AjGuns, Athomas, Stuziman etc to still post here now and then as Bigfooty is just not the same. It is losing it's appeal.

Totally agree!! please come back lads, missing the wise advice that you bring to the thread... :(

Hey guys,

I'm new to Brownlow betting and was wondering where the best place to do my multis would be. Any advice here would be appreciated.

Cheers and thanks for the thread throughout the year.

Hey guys,

I'm new to Brownlow betting and was wondering where the best place to do my multis would be. Any advice here would be appreciated.

Cheers and thanks for the thread throughout the year.

If you had been following this thread you would know where to put your multis on. So have a read throughout the thread and you will find your answer.

If you had been following this thread you would know where to put your multis on. So have a read throughout the thread and you will find your answer.

Not really. I have been following the thread throughout the year but haven't read literally every post of hundreds of pages.

Frankie23 said:
No wonder this thread fell to s**t....

Headless, try the Tab or Luxbet. If you are doing a lot, do them online...

Thanks, mate. Much appreciated. I was planning on TAB but will have a look at Luxbet, also.

Not really. I have been following the thread throughout the year but haven't read literally every post of hundreds of pages.

There would have to be a reference on most pages that TAB were the ones to use with mutlis this year. So to say you have been following the thread just seems like complete BS.

This is not the Brownlow betting help desk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back