Brownlow Medal 2010 (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It ain't over yet. Did anyone else get on Judd with the Pies Flag at $3? This will be my biggest win. Have done a bit of hedging on Saints this week (it is great to have money to hedge large with thanks to Juddy), but win more on pies. I think they will win. I put $900 on a draw just in case.

My tally had Judd 27 votes, give or take a couple (25-29). Posted my round by round tally here a week before the count. I thought it would be more likely around 25, but a chance of higher votes so I hit him hard. Spoke it over with the wife and we invested as if it was stocks. High risk/High return. I love my wife. She trusted my judgement as I closely watched every blues game, most of them twice. Pretty easy to say she digs me now in return.

It is hard to say it, but 'Go Pies!':thumbsu:

Thought of your post with about 5 mins to go! I hope the draw was your best outcome? Was it $46 or so? Congrats on the clever hedge anyway

It ain't over yet. Did anyone else get on Judd with the Pies Flag at $3? This will be my biggest win. Have done a bit of hedging on Saints this week (it is great to have money to hedge large with thanks to Juddy), but win more on pies. I think they will win. I put $900 on a draw just in case.

My tally had Judd 27 votes, give or take a couple (25-29). Posted my round by round tally here a week before the count. I thought it would be more likely around 25, but a chance of higher votes so I hit him hard. Spoke it over with the wife and we invested as if it was stocks. High risk/High return. I love my wife. She trusted my judgement as I closely watched every blues game, most of them twice. Pretty easy to say she digs me now in return.

It is hard to say it, but 'Go Pies!':thumbsu:

Congratulations on your 40 odd thousand

Thanks guys. Definately feeling like a lucky man today. The beauty of it all is that my biggest bet still stands for next week as it included a leg for 'the flag', whereas the draw was for that one game only. So the draw money was a very big bonus.

Will do a little hedging on Saints again this week, but got a feeling it will be a blow out in the pies favour next time. It is a great problem to have.

Will be helping out my family and my wife is talking about a new house.:eek: Pinching myself.

Wow! Awesome work You Beauty! :eek:

I thought i'd done well to make a killing on the Brownlow and win on the Norm Smith for 2 years running, but damn you've eclipsed my small feat in comparison to yours! Well done, mate. :D :thumbsu:

Thanks mate. Did my hedging on saints today and the odds changed slightly, which was a bit exciting. Felt like BK for a day. Pity he and the others aren't around much anymore for a bit of banter. Let me know if any spots pop up on the private forum:eek::p

Hi all,

I thought I'd better drop a note to let you all know that I am still alive and have enjoyed a nice 2 week holiday in QLD.
Like many others on here I did win very well on the BM and it was clearly my best year ever. The win was in the very high 6 figure range. Collingwood winning the flag was icing on the cake.
I was actually unable to log in here around the time of the medal for some reason but could today.
I felt that Judd was a worthy winner but he sure did poll thru his rear end in some games. Swan and Ablett polled about where I thought, as did Selwood, Pendlebury and co. Hodge a bit disappointing I'd say. Boak polled super and other club votes went about as expected.
Lime many others, 1 more vote to Jvolt would have been nice but I can't complain. I always knew to steer clear of Melb votes.
My view is that the bookies will always offer the punters loads of Brownlow betting options and it's a real growth betting area for them. The only issue is will the multis at the TAB stay in their current format ? I'd think not but you never know. As some people pointed out, mug money and money won on Swan doesn't make up for losing badly to most of us. They will no doubt assess each area of the medal and will decide what they are happy to offer next year. The good news is that we will always be able to get on the winner and premiership doubles plus a whole host of other options.

Hi all,

I thought I'd better drop a note to let you all know that I am still alive and have enjoyed a nice 2 week holiday in QLD.
Like many others on here I did win very well on the BM and it was clearly my best year ever. The win was in the very high 6 figure range. Collingwood winning the flag was icing on the cake.
I was actually unable to log in here around the time of the medal for some reason but could today.
I felt that Judd was a worthy winner but he sure did poll thru his rear end in some games. Swan and Ablett polled about where I thought, as did Selwood, Pendlebury and co. Hodge a bit disappointing I'd say. Boak polled super and other club votes went about as expected.
Lime many others, 1 more vote to Jvolt would have been nice but I can't complain. I always knew to steer clear of Melb votes.
My view is that the bookies will always offer the punters loads of Brownlow betting options and it's a real growth betting area for them. The only issue is will the multis at the TAB stay in their current format ? I'd think not but you never know. As some people pointed out, mug money and money won on Swan doesn't make up for losing badly to most of us. They will no doubt assess each area of the medal and will decide what they are happy to offer next year. The good news is that we will always be able to get on the winner and premiership doubles plus a whole host of other options.

Congrats mate. Look forward to next year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all,

Well done BK.

Hi all,

Well done!!
Which multi gave you the highest payout? How many multis did you put on?
Cheers

It is 1.39am, but can't sleep; Baby is keeping me up. Brownlow stuff still in my head. Good to see you back BK. Congrats on your winnings. Hoping they keep the multis the same, but if not the winner & premiership doubles are, as Beck sang, 'where its at' imo. My biggest tip for people out there is to get on this option around round 17/18/19 or so when no team is below $3 and you have a good idea of the winner(s). I think Saints were $5 iirc. This gives you scope to hedge if your winner comes home.

To put this option in perspective, my draw winnings, even though they may have been reported as the biggest on the draw in the newspapers, look small in comparison winnings of my multi Judd-Pies-Labor bet. I did learn my lesson though to never bet on politics again. Hung parliament and then the draw, it was a rollercoaster, but I will take it obviously and learn.

Anyway, what I am saying is if you can pick your winner and multi it with the flag at the right time you can get your self in a very good position. Next year maybe different, but then again there may be other teams that you think may have a run at the flag and get on early for the big odds. I will be putting on a few bets at different times throughout the year. Given myself 3% or 4% of my winnings this year to play with next year. That is enough for now.

The winner & premiership doubles are, as Beck sang, 'where its at' imo.

Well done mate :thumbsu:

I also think that we can take advantage of the Flag/Brownlow double next year, as that will always be an option, unlike the team multis whos time may be just about up.

My biggest tip for people out there is to get on this option around round 17/18/19 or so when no team is below $3 and you have a good idea of the winner(s). I think Saints were $5 iirc. This gives you scope to hedge if your winner comes home.

I know alot of people were getting on at around this time, and think I will be putting on my biggest bets then. I do think that a few pre season ones do not hurt though, as I think $5 for the Saints is about the best you will see all year, and will most likely take them into players like Ablett / Judd / Selwood

There may be other teams that you think may have a run at the flag and get on early for the big odds.

Yep, I think that Carlton may also be worth a go and multis like Selwood/Carlton will be around 300-1 :D

Hi all,

Good on you BK !!!!!!!!!!!!!! your support and offers of your thoughts helped many of us out and you even had composure with the bitching that came on here and even some funny lines after Hayes was out late in the season.etc.
We can only hope you and WalKerthe Star and ajguns don't disappear next season into private forum or whatever. There is still lots of smart observers ready to chat about the matches next year . GO Gazza and the Suns!!!

Yep, I think that Carlton may also be worth a go and multis like Selwood/Carlton will be around 300-1 :D

Up before the sun and now I'm tired before I even begin. Body clock stuffed. Yer I like your thinking GoodesStuff, but I got a feeling the blues are a couple of years away yet, but you never know ala Hawks '08. There are a handful that could take a run at it, but not convinced with blues just yet.

People are probably thinking, the only trouble with the flag/BMwinner combo is the amount of combinations. i.e. How many do you put on? How much to spend? & 'How much is enough?' New youami album out today, so a little nod to them. However, the flag/BMwinner combo makes brownlow betting interesting the whole year round. Trade week is v.important. Pies picking up Jolly this time last year changed my thinking that the GF will be straight cats v saints again. Made a huge difference throughout the year and what a game in the reply GF! Unbelievable.

Keep your ears to the ground. I'll be watching the trades carefully and arhh.. GoodesStuff.. Selwood has no chance. ;)

To BK & Others,

Decided to check the thread one last time in the hope that you would post.

Just wanted to say thank-you for all your help.

Very much appreciated.

Over the last 3 workdays I have read the 3 Brownlow threads from start to finish, absolutely amazing stuff and massive props to everyone that seriously contributed, but wow to the standout posters. (no need to mention names, it is obvious!)

I was a keen better on the Brownlow prior to 2009 which was when I moved to Germany but I have recently got a slingbox / Foxtel combination set up which means I will have access (along with a lot of free time) to every game over here. I am keep to contribute and discuss each game and was wondering what could be done or who I should talk to in regard to getting a trial period in one of the new private forums?

Anyway, brilliant effort guys and girls! Congratulations to everyone who succeeded!

To those who were deemed to be the 'quality posters' and 'information givers' throughout these (x3) threads, may I strongly suggest you guys take things offline next year - purely as a monetary decision.

I know personally of two corporates who monitored it religiously, and through one of them have had a third confirmed as well.

If you want more "James Frawley" type mistakes to occur next year or markets to be slightly off, the less given away on such a public forum the better.

To those who were deemed to be the 'quality posters' and 'information givers' throughout these (x3) threads, may I strongly suggest you guys take things offline next year - purely as a monetary decision.

I know personally of two corporates who monitored it religiously, and through one of them have had a third confirmed as well.

If you want more "James Frawley" type mistakes to occur next year or markets to be slightly off, the less given away on such a public forum the better.

This.

Fact. I have had as much confirmed. Sharing information great... But trying to do in a public forum without giving too much away...

I wouldn't consider myself one of the standout posters of these threads, but I was definitely one of the more frequent posters on these threads. The brownlow threads aren't going to die completely next year, I think the 'standout posters' just aren't going to be posting leaderboards and their bets as frequently. That's just handing the info to the leechers and more importantly, the betting company. There hasn't been any discussion on the private forum for a while (obviously, as there is nothing to discuss), but I think the way next year will work is that the real advantage of the private forum won't come in until after Rnd 22 (or 24, or whatever it is now), when completed tables and comparisons can be made. The best way to get an invite is to be an informative and reasonable poster on here. I will be a big participant in the Bigfooty thread next year too. I look forward to working with you :thumbsu:

I think this post was directed at anyone interested in participating next year and that includes me, so in that case thank you for the quick reply! I am already looking forward to next year (finally having access to every game again, damn I have missed it!) and am excited at the thought of sharing thoughts with people on here, and then whatever may follow from that.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back