'BT' and Darcy: The Worst Commentary Team in History?

Remove this Banner Ad

Roy and HG spent some time on their radio show last year bagging BT. HG remarked "BT's skill is that he calls a game he imagines is taking place, rather than the actual game playing out in front of him".
Their skill being able to gouge the taxpayer for about 38 years with a pathetic, undergraduate spoof 👎

Not for the first time Darcy kept saying ‘you can’t do that’ after a great goal (Cameron’s set shot goal from the boundary). Clearly it can be done, it just happened. Maybe I am missing something or maybe Darcy has lost the plot.

They carry on too much about ‘miracle’ goals from the boundary. Pretty much any of us on here could jag a banana down at the local park and they have 6.4 metres of goal width to aim at FFS. They’re not golfers sinking 40 foot putts or basketballers sinking shots from half court.

They carry on too much about ‘miracle’ goals from the boundary. Pretty much any of us on here could jag a banana down at the local park and they have 6.4 metres of goal width to aim at FFS. They’re not golfers sinking 40 foot putts or basketballers sinking shots from half court.
Isn’t the goal a set width regardless of AFL or local park level?

Tyson Stengle on the mark outside 40m… BT “Geelong supporters seem invested”…. What a shock!

Seriously in the middle of a finals broadcast, talking about having a pre grand final bye, while play is on. Can't believe these spuds got their contract extended.

BT is so bad, sounds like a cheap clown for kids parties.

The best thing about going to pies games is not having to listen to him.

Exactly what it is. It's just the lamentable extension of always looking for content moments.

It's a circus performance paired with being a real time game gossip columnist. Any hint of injury, suspension, deviation from usual player behaviour and he's trying to amplify it for everything it's worth.

The directive to carry on like this comes from above. Seven doesn't trust their audience to simply watch a football game and be entertained without having a clown riding a small bike or be smashing watermelons at some point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate that it's gone down this track, but it seems that there are very few on the commentary team capable of simply calling the game. I want to hear what's going on ON FIELD, not some has been's opinion of what should or should not happen regarding rules, draws, judiciaries, injurys and recovery times or the price of beer and length of lines to the toilets at the ground. JUST CALL THE BLOODY GAME!!

The "on-mike talent" are NOT the primary source of entertainment, the football game IS, so just stfu unless you are actually describing what is happening with the football on the ground at any given point!!

Big Turd at his very very worst last night - complete non-interest in Brisbane....just the usual hyperbole over the Victorian side.

Bloody disgrace.

Have been watching some Youtube videos of SEN and Triple M calls from recent weeks.

What is obvious is they don't constantly talk TO each other and focus on what's happening on field.

It's a total contrast from what BT / Darcy offer.

They have the advantage of the viewers being able to see what's going on, yet somehow spend more time talking compared to those on radio.

And there's none of the "great call BT", "absolutely right Hodgey" or time dedicated mid-game for a discussion of the bye round pre-finals.

Tonight, Darcy lauded Weightman for leaving the ground unassisted after an elbow dislocation..
Did he expect him to walk off on all fours?
BUT
His son was playing & his commentary about him was as unbiased as any dad's I've witnessed, including the weirdos who go against their kids. well done, say that again

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tonight, Darcy lauded Weightman for leaving the ground unassisted after an elbow dislocation..
Did he expect him to walk off on all fours?
BUT
His son was playing & his commentary about him was as unbiased as any dad's I've witnessed, including the weirdos who go against their kids. well done, say that again

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
His commentary of his son was a little bit too unbiased if you ask me. He played a good game but I noticed each time he kicked a goal or did something good there'd be a lull come over the commentary box. Almost as though he'd been instructed not to create a biased conflict of interest. Just call it as you would any other player

His commentary of his son was a little bit too unbiased if you ask me. He played a good game but I noticed each time he kicked a goal or did something good there'd be a lull come over the commentary box. Almost as though he'd been instructed not to create a biased conflict of interest. Just call it as you would any other player
don't roster him on then

Remove this Banner Ad

Back