Buddy out of our forward line for Hale

Remove this Banner Ad

Franklin needs to play closer to goals, not further away from them.
Opposing coaches must have a good chuckle when they see Franklin running around on a wing.

I've no doubt a player like Brereton would have picked up tons of kicks and won plenty of hard ball playing on a wing.
Thank god we never had a coach who was stupid enough to play him there.

I think with the Hale pick up, we need to pick up Hill has the 4th medium tall. I still have my doubts about Hale, but i do have faith in the coaching panel that they wil do an excellent job. I think we might have our foward structure like this.

HFF: Osbourne - Franklin - Resting Mid( Rioli/ Bugoynee etc)​

30m: Hill

FF :Hale - Roughead​

If Buddy moves out of the forward line for someone like Hale, I will be very angry.

It's not hard, play Buddy at FF with Roughy at CHF. Hale is supposed to be a ruckman, not a forward. He plays ruck around the ground then adds height in the forward line if needed.

If Buddy is played out of the forward line, his future is wasted. Our club's hopes of winning a flag in the next two years is wasted.

Why is trade week always the same time as school holidays? Some of the posts on this thread are just extraordinary.

In any event reading the good bits of discussion on this post whether you want roughie forward or back, etc, it does highlight that getting Hale gives us much more flexibility. This is a massive positive for us. He creates ruck and key position depth - 2 areas we have gaping holes in.

If you think were getting Hale as a forward your kidding. Hes a ruckman who would be a handy resting 3rd forward. You would be bonkers to replace one of the best two young fowards in the comp for a bloke who has had a couple of blinding games in his career.

I think its a good trade, i dont know how good a mid 30s pick will be this year, we need an assured ruckman who i think will do good in a new environment.

One KPD and mark my words we will be contending again. remember back to this season, the 6 games we lost on the trot were due in part to the heavy workload on a second year player in renouf when the opposition could put 2 men rotating on him.

This trade could be a blessing in disguise:):)

I think with the Hale pick up, we need to pick up Hill has the 4th medium tall. I still have my doubts about Hale, but i do have faith in the coaching panel that they wil do an excellent job. I think we might have our foward structure like this.
HFF: Osbourne - Franklin - Resting Mid( Rioli/ Bugoynee etc)​

30m: Hill

FF :Hale - Roughead​

I like this, but not hale there permanently, having two big units there would be nice but we need him in the ruck

So, if these new interchange rules are suposedly going to force a resting ruckman to the forward line to enable midfield rotations to continue, who do we have to play on these resting ruckmen?

Simon Taylor may be our only option with the height to compete against said resting ruckmen...

So, with Renouf, Hale and Taylor in the team, who goes to Box Hill??:D

It opens the door for Lisle as a key defender who is supposedly too slow to play full back or Renouf follows the opposition number 1 ruck and plays as a defender.

Why is trade week always the same time as school holidays? Some of the posts on this thread are just extraordinary.

In any event reading the good bits of discussion on this post whether you want roughie forward or back, etc, it does highlight that getting Hale gives us much more flexibility. This is a massive positive for us. He creates ruck and key position depth - 2 areas we have gaping holes in.

This is so self evident it is difficult to comprehend why others overlook it to pursue their own agenda. Well done Roger.

FB: Guerra - Gilham - Birchall
HB: Mackie - Gibson - Stratton
Ce: Young - Hodge - Hill
HF: Rioli- Franklin - Burgoyne
FF: Lewis - Roughead - Lisle

Ru: Hale
RR: Mitchell
Ro: Sewell

I/C: Ellis, Renouf, Bateman, Savage

one less player on the bench morons.

less rotations.

This means that the club needs ruckmen that will be able to play in a variety of roles and not resting on the bench.

If you watched the VFL grand Final, you would notice that Hale is a monster up forward, and was for the Roos also.

Recruiting Hale will allow roughead to go to defense where he is more combfortable (note that roughead often puts himself in defense, and has to be dragged out kicking and screaming)

This in turn add a bit of solidarity in the back line.

Cry foul, say roughead needs to play forward, but i would be more confident with Roughead at CHB/FB and Hale at FF/CHF then having Roughead at CHF/FF and noone of his size in defence

I think he will give you on-field options. It will also give you more freedom to play Roughy and Franklin in different roles, especially in games where they are not having an impact up forward. He should also give you the freedom to play 3 runners on the bench like we will also be doing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back