Bulletproof® Lifestyle / BP coffee etc...

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you know if your BPC had MCT oil in it?
Coz when I tried their iced BPC months ago and they didnt include MCT oil even though they were selling them in the store, when I asked the guy said they are thinking of starting to add it in. But at the time that BPC costed me something ridiculous ($11? Dont quite remember tbh) and it didnt contain MCT so was a total rip off, I'd imagine they'd jack the price higher too if they did start adding MCT.

Havent been back there since, would rather go to Northbridge Brewing Co next door instead!
Their signature pale ale, onion rings and their hog sliders. As good a cheat meal for a chilled sunday sesh as you can ask for! ;)

Im not sure, as it was my first one i have nothing to compare to. But yeah pretty pricy place!! I Just found out the Wild Fig also does them, so I might head there tomorrow morning.

Yeah I do IF but change the duration I fast 23hrs a day for a couple of weeks then have a week were I only fast for 16hrs.
I mix that up a bit to suit my training. And If I actually feel like lunch.

How many calories do you eat a day? Surely that would be near impossible to consume a healthy amount of food in a one-hour window per day for two weeks? Or is the only goal fat loss?

And when was your eating window before or after your workouts/training?

How many calories do you eat a day? Surely that would be near impossible to consume a healthy amount of food in a one-hour window per day for two weeks? Or is the only goal fat

Why? You could probably go months eating like that with no ill effect. As long as the macro/micro's are carefully worked out (mainly fat) and you consume heaps of water and salt, no problem.

How many calories do you eat a day? Surely that would be near impossible to consume a healthy amount of food in a one-hour window per day for two weeks? Or is the only goal fat loss?

And when was your eating window before or after your workouts/training?
I train at 4:45am I run between 2 & 5 times a week, each run varies between 4 - 11kms some fast, some hills and a fair bit of interval work.
I do weights 5 days a week and split up my muscle groups some weeks I do pyramid work, super set circuits and German volume training.
I also do a bit of boxing work speedball, skipping and bag work.
I do all my training at home.
On the 23 hour fasts I'll have a dinner at 6pm which would be 3 pork chops, 2 hard boiled eggs, huge salad and cheese with some macadamia nuts, blue berries and coconut yogurt for dessert.

I don't count calories macros or any of that. I do it because I love the feeling when your not eating it's like a buzz.

If I get a few days were I'm flat I will just cut back on training and go back to having lunch for a couple of days which would just be a meal similar to my dinners.

I also drink pink salt in the morning straight after training with 30mct oil followed by a strong BP at around 7:30 then another at lunch. Plus would easily drink 3L of water per day it is easy.

I train at 4:45am I run between 2 & 5 times a week, each run varies between 4 - 11kms some fast, some hills and a fair bit of interval work.
I do weights 5 days a week and split up my muscle groups some weeks I do pyramid work, super set circuits and German volume training.
I also do a bit of boxing work speedball, skipping and bag work.
I do all my training at home.
On the 23 hour fasts I'll have a dinner at 6pm which would be 3 pork chops, 2 hard boiled eggs, huge salad and cheese with some macadamia nuts, blue berries and coconut yogurt for dessert.

I don't count calories macros or any of that. I do it because I love the feeling when your not eating it's like a buzz.

If I get a few days were I'm flat I will just cut back on training and go back to having lunch for a couple of days which would just be a meal similar to my dinners.

That's a pretty intense training schedule, but credit to you! There's absolutely no way I could only eat that amount of calories though with such an intense training regime. I would be interested to see what the 'buzz' feels like from long fasts though, because I know it must obviously be good as few people on here have mentioned it.

That's a pretty intense training schedule, but credit to you! There's absolutely no way I could only eat that amount of calories though with such an intense training regime. I would be interested to see what the 'buzz' feels like from long fasts though, because I know it must obviously be good as few people on here have mentioned it.
I have been training for 12 years and I am stronger now at 33years 83kgs than I was at 27years 100kgs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why? You could probably go months eating like that with no ill effect. As long as the macro/micro's are carefully worked out (mainly fat) and you consume heaps of water and salt, no problem.

Well for me to try and put on about 1 - 1.5kg per month at the moment I'm basically eating these meals each day:
- 4 eggs, 1 scoop peanut butter, 1/2 english muffin, 1/2 cup milk, 15 grams wpc
- 1 bread roll, 100g tuna, salad
- 1 bread roll, 150g ham, salad
- 1 cup skim milk
(workout)
- 50 grams wpc, 1 banana, 1/4 cup skim milk
- 0.75 uncooked cup rice (so about 2 cups of cooked rice), 1 x chicken fillet, 1/2 can coconut milk, vegetables, some type of curry paste (so obviously a high fat content)
- before bed will be either peanut butter muffin, eggs on muffin, 1/2 cup cottage cheese on muffin or berries & yoghurt.

I'm not saying my diet at the moment is at all particularly healthy. If i wanted to be healthier I'd ditch the rolls/muffins and probably try to halve the amount of milk i drink and peanut butter i eat, but my goal is to put on more weight (mostly muscle). But if you compare the total calories that i consume compared to what Training Mad eats than you could see why I asked if the goal was solely weight loss (and not adding any muscle).

Well for me to try and put on about 1 - 1.5kg per month at the moment I'm basically eating these meals each day:
- 4 eggs, 1 scoop peanut butter, 1/2 english muffin, 1/2 cup milk, 15 grams wpc
- 1 bread roll, 150g ham, salad
- 1 cup skim milk
(workout)
- 50 grams wpc, 1 banana, 1/4 cup skim milk
- 0.75 uncooked cup rice (so about 2 cups of cooked rice), 1 x chicken fillet, 1/2 can coconut milk, vegetables, some type of curry paste (so obviously a high fat content)
- before bed will be either peanut butter muffin, eggs on muffin, 1/2 cup cottage cheese on muffin or berries & yoghurt.

I'm not saying my diet at the moment is at all particularly healthy. If i wanted to be healthier I'd ditch the rolls/muffins and probably try to halve the amount of milk i drink and peanut butter i eat, but my goal is to put on more weight (mostly muscle). But if you compare the total calories that i consume compared to what Training Mad eats than you could see why I asked if the goal was solely weight loss (and not adding any muscle).
With IF you will gain lean muscle carbs adds weight but not all muscle.

12months HFLC and bulletproof dropped 20kg, now I'm fitter and stronger than ever!

16 kilos in 10 months for me. Hope to be 20k by the end of the year.

With IF you will gain lean muscle carbs adds weight but not all muscle.

Yeh I do like the IF method and attempted it last year when trying to lose a bit of body fat before summer but could only really just make it to 16 hours if i was able to include a BP coffee outside of the fast as my "breakfast" (obviously it was possible for me, but just not enough willpower there). But this year I'm not really bothering with trying to lose any body fat because I'd rather get a bit more size and don't want to go through the whole "put on weight for 6 months, then try lose it for 6 months" that I have in the past because I've never really gotten enough size.

Picture below was last year. Lost about 4 kgs in 2 months through keeping carbs below approx 80 grams with high protein and moderate fat, BP coffee in the a.m and trying to get close to 16/8 fast/eat window. I liked my bf% but thought I lost a little more muscle than I'd have liked.

And obviously good lighting in the second pick! Takes off another 1-2% bf.

Attachments

• before after.jpg
    before after.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 6
Yeh I do like the IF method and attempted it last year when trying to lose a bit of body fat before summer but could only really just make it to 16 hours if i was able to include a BP coffee outside of the fast as my "breakfast" (obviously it was possible for me, but just not enough willpower there). But this year I'm not really bothering with trying to lose any body fat because I'd rather get a bit more size and don't want to go through the whole "put on weight for 6 months, then try lose it for 6 months" that I have in the past because I've never really gotten enough size.

Picture below was last year. Lost about 4 kgs in 2 months through keeping carbs below approx 80 grams with high protein and moderate fat, BP coffee in the a.m and trying to get close to 16/8 fast/eat window. I liked my bf% but thought I lost a little more muscle than I'd have liked.

And obviously good lighting in the second pick! Takes off another 1-2% bf.

Maybe try around 50 carbs n more fat n a tad less protein, but still some good results there.

So I got lazy and short of time yesterday and decided to just stir the butter and oil straight into a mug of black coffee instead of blending it.. as long as you can scull down the top layer of butter/oil slick then its fine imo, the rest of the black coffee to chase and wash it down after.

Anyone see a problem with this? As long as Im consuming the same stuff right?
The blending/emulsifying process is purely just for taste/aesthetics correct?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back