Review Bye Week Boredom

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like the old school heinz spagetti jaffle doesn't get enough love these days.
to many burnt roofs of the mouth with that molten treat

Sorry this is off topic and will be long but whatever.....

On Friday night I finally got my BFF to a Swans game! She is a diehard NRL woman and hated our game, couldn't understand it and was never interested in trying to learn more about it. Finally after nearly 25 years of me being a member and begging her to come to just one game, the planets aligned and she couldn't say no - I finally got her there.
Firstly she was stunned with the size of the crowd, apart from SOO and GF's (she's a Panthers fan) she had never experienced a crowd that size.
She loved how many people were wearing club colours, apparently we are far more into showing our colours than NRL crowds do.
She was amazed at the great rapport between the opposition fans and friendly banter she heard, VERY different to the NRL she said.

She loved the whole experience from all the activities going on in Driver Ave before the game, till joyously belting out the song after the final siren, but the absolute jewel in the crown for her was at the end of qtr time when they did the Sweet Caroline singalong!!!
She was gob smacked! Loved it, loved the way everyone was singing along and dancing in their seats, never had she experienced anything like it!

All up, I think we have a convert and we are planning a road trip to Adelaide next year for gather round.
I was with you until Sweet Caroline.

You had me fooled Jewels, you really did, and then you had to blow it all with that preposterous claim 😊

What is everyone up to this weekend, a weekend where the Swans results wont be a factor should make for a pleasant enough couple of days. I am tossing up between VFL Coburg v Werribee or heading down to the NFNL Div 1 to watch some local footy. Probably head to the NFNL for a bit of Heidelberg v West Preston.

I wasn't sure where to post this. Maybe we need a training thread. Anyway, here will do just fine.

I was sufficiently bored and desperate on Saturday that I decided to go and check out training and meet the new recruits at training (after Kinnear tipped us off about the training session on Wednesday night). However, I struck out! They were not at Lakeside, not at Swans HQ and not at Bat 'n' Ball. Where were they? Could they have been having one of their rare training sessions on the SCG? I'm a bit doubtful of that. Another possibility is that they shifted the time I was looking 9.30-10.30, which is right in the middle of their training times normally. Have any pics been posted on insta?

The club has been typically silent on the website but I would have thought even they would be getting around to a welcome to the club type interview with the new recruits by now.

I wasn't sure where to post this. Maybe we need a training thread. Anyway, here will do just fine.

I was sufficiently bored and desperate on Saturday that I decided to go and check out training and meet the new recruits at training (after Kinnear tipped us off about the training session on Wednesday night). However, I struck out! They were not at Lakeside, not at Swans HQ and not at Bat 'n' Ball. Where were they? Could they have been having one of their rare training sessions on the SCG? I'm a bit doubtful of that. Another possibility is that they shifted the time I was looking 9.30-10.30, which is right in the middle of their training times normally. Have any pics been posted on insta?

The club has been typically silent on the website but I would have thought even they would be getting around to a welcome to the club type interview with the new recruits by now.

Horse said in his interview today that they trained on Sat.

What is everyone up to this weekend, a weekend where the Swans results wont be a factor should make for a pleasant enough couple of days. I am tossing up between VFL Coburg v Werribee or heading down to the NFNL Div 1 to watch some local footy. Probably head to the NFNL for a bit of Heidelberg v West Preston.
Did you venture out & watch anything? Anyone worth keeping our eyes peeled for the future?

Did you venture out & watch anything? Anyone worth keeping our eyes peeled for the future?
I ended up watching some local NFNL, watched Sam Lloyd run around for Bundoora and Michael Hurley run around for Macleod. Didn't venture to VFL, Coburg keep picking players who are not contributing, however the other standalones in the VFL are going OK this year, particularly Werribee who Coburg played on the weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually went to watch a local game to scout a couple of players our local club has some interest in. Verdict: one was very lazy and the other a one-trick pony (good trick, though). Hard pass.

I actually went to watch a local game to scout a couple of players our local club has some interest in. Verdict: one was very lazy and the other a one-trick pony (good trick, though). Hard pass.
I have one who could be the next big leaping ruckman….get your pens out…..PENS I said.

Northern Bullants have a raw ruckman named Finbar Maley. Comes from elite sport stock… Dad an NBL Basketballer and sister a current Australian womens basketballer.

Finbar is raw … get hold of some Bullants video, he also plays divvy 2 seniors in the NFNL for Eltham There are vids on the Nfnl site as well.

This kid given the chance to develop in a strong AFL system could be the next NikNat.

This kid given the chance to develop in a strong AFL system could be the next NikNat.
Plays 8 games a year, of those 8 games only plays 60% of game time but when he does play he dominates?

Plays 8 games a year, of those 8 games only plays 60% of game time but when he does play he dominates?
I’ll take it….you need a longer memory

I’ll take it….you need a longer memory
At which part? He averages 16 games a season when he plays (hasn't in 2023) and often only gets 60-70% TOG when he does play. But when he is on the ground he is an elite ruckman (3x AA in the years he managed to play more games than his average)

I'm saying he is a good player that has been injured and nursed a lot

I know this was a 2023 thread - but seems apt to bump it.

2024:

What’s worked
  • Heeney the mid
  • Matty Roberts the defender
  • Getting key contracts signed

What hasn’t
  • No effective plan B when oppos clog the corridor
  • The 3 talls (Logan the only one really performing)

Jury out
  • James Jordon
  • Armatey and his lack of ToG
  • Will Will have the free will to sign willingly?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back