Game Day 2023 Finals Week 1 - Blues v. Swans, Friday 8 Sep, 7:40 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Left our run in the season too late but at the same time sums up our season. Cant kick to save our lives except during our winning streak.

Apart from the disgraceful Cats game we kept ourselves in all games even against the Top 4. But accuracy was usually the decider.

Had the umpiring been like that 4th quarter all game different story I think.

Carlton were good early with their pressure

However after riding a frustrating final and being overly emotional and the usual inaccuracy plague. I’m kind of super proud of them tonight in the end.

Thanks Hickey you got everything out of yourself and in the end left nothing out there after a poor first half.

i think we had great resolve and endeavour, otherwise you just get rolled

But we do blast away in hope too much

this season is either a great fightback on the way to more, or we are just a side that cant handle the hot stuff,

I think fitness and strength are issues, we get outworked in contests a bit and overrun or cant run out full games

but look we gave it a crack

goodnight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton came up with the big plays in defence.

We missed too many gettable shots and left our run too late.

What can you do.
It wasn't too late. We timed our perfectly. We were less than two goals down with 15 to go. We had them. We just proceeded to butcher the ball over and over again. No composure at all. Prime example was McDonald kicking it to a contest with 2 Carlton players when he had a teammate completely open on the outside.

That's what happens when you don't take your chances.

Re-signing McLean and Melican looking good (if the latter is official). Hopefully both have injury free years next year.

Sheldrick emerging. Roberts was on track too.

Still plenty to do in the off season, but glad we fought it out.

Farewell Ruck Jesus.

Disappointed of course particularly since I think we should have really won but in terms where we were at during the season I don't know I don't feel as disappointed as I normally would. I think we will be right in it next year. There are good signs.

Parker going forward changed the game.

Who’d have thunk it?

Disappointing that the season is over - but can’t knock the team’s effort.
Pretty sure he's carrying some sort of leg injury, he was second to the ball all game.

In hindsight, we probably should have made that call earlier in the game.

It worked really well. There were fewer instances where our midfield was caught flat footed. But Carlton had enough of a lead by that point that the few times the Blues did walk it out of the centre we didn't have the buffer to absorb the damage.

Damage was done early.

Ironic being ****ed by goal review but is what it is..

Tommy Mac BoG by a country mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back