FTA-TV Californication season 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Never thought I'd say this but I'm missing the chemistry between Hank and Karen this season.

This new baby momma isn't really doing it for me. She's pretty bland.
Pretty bland as opposed to.... Karen? lololol

I'd take Heather Graham over horse face Natasha any day of the week. :cool:

I'm not talking about looks, she's just a boring character.

Karen is a little too, but she was always meant to be the straight one to Hank's crazyness. Now they've just swapped one for another in attempt to keep it fresh, but it doesn't work as well because there's no history or chemistry there.

Really the show should have ended a couple of season ago, they're just recycling the same storylines in a slightly different form. The car crash might add something new, we'll see.

My bad, I should've made it clear that I meant bland both in personality and looks. Karen has this holier than thou sanctominous know-it-all never-wrong attitude common in teachers that I find it hard to believe that a real life Hank would ever find her personality attractive. Her physical 'attractiveness' doesn't help either as she's average at best. Karen is an annoying pain in the arse bore all round.

My bad, I should've made it clear that I meant bland both in personality and looks. Karen has this holier than thou sanctominous know-it-all never-wrong attitude common in teachers that I find it hard to believe that a real life Hank would ever find her personality attractive.

Yeah but that attitude worked well bouncing off Hank's childishness. Pair him up with an ordinary chick like Graham's character and it diminishes his character too. It's like his yang is missing it's yin this season.

But I've never been a full-on Karen hater like some, I reserved that for Becca.

I think this season has been outstanding, some of the best californication in a long time. The last few seasons have been pretty ordinary, and only been saved by some good casting (maggie grace BOING), but this season has been fantastic imo.

I didn't mind it actually. Certainly wasn't as bad as I expected after you guys lowered my expectations.

I was glad the flashbacks were one continuous storyline, that made it more interesting than a bunch of unconnected flashbacks (which is what I was expecting after the first one). I quite enjoyed the scene in the shrink's office and the dinner at the end.

But then I must be the only person in this thread who likes the show better when Karen is in it.

They forget who their audience is so quickly, such a crap episode on the back of a decent season

I didn't mind it. We've had half a dozen seasons of him hooking up with whatever latest hot girls they've cast, I'd be content with them focusing on the serious stuff and trying to adequately finish off this story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't mind it. We've had half a dozen seasons of him hooking up with whatever latest hot girls they've cast, I'd be content with them focusing on the serious stuff and trying to adequately finish off this story.

Yeah it is the last season after all, so they have to bring the Hank/Karen storyline to an end one way or another. The worst thing they could do would be to shift her off to the side and end on a nothing note.

For all the ladsy shenanigans over the years the central theme has still been Hank's love for Karen and his attempts to win her back in between constantly f**king up. It would be pretty dumb to let the show peter out without bringing it to some closure, for better or worse.

Yeah it is the last season after all, so they have to bring the Hank/Karen storyline to an end one way or another. The worst thing they could do would be to shift her off to the side and end on a nothing note.

For all the ladsy shenanigans over the years the central theme has still been Hank's love for Karen and his attempts to win her back in between constantly f**king up. It would be pretty dumb to let the show peter out without bringing it to some closure, for better or worse.
I agree with that I just think they didn't handle it well enough. A lot of the drama, probably ever since Hank slept with Mia has seemed incredibly clichéd which is a shame when the comedy scenes are some of the most hilarious and inventive writing on tv at the moment. It's probably what has stopped the show being a genuine hit.

At it's core Cali is a comedy with a bit of sappy drama sprinkled in to keep the few female viewers it has happy. I'm not sure why there are people who after 7 seasons to get to know what Cali is all about are still expecting a serious drama in the vein of House of Cards, Breaking Bad, Parenthood, Brother & Sisters etc... :confused:

As far as comedy shows goe, Cali is by far my favourite. Other type of comedies don't do it for me as much, I'm a ribald comedy kinda guy at heart I suppose.

Last edited:
Which one? Ep 10 which has the usual outrageous antics that are bread and butter of the series or Ep 9 which takes it cue from your average rom com movies?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back