FTA-TV Californication season 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I must be easy to please. Not the best ep in the series by any stretch of the imagination but I still got a few laughs out of it, a lot more than some of the other popular comedies anyway.
Fair enough mate, different strokes

Just caught up on the last two eps.

Dinner at Runkles was pretty cool. The more characters they jam into one setting the better the show is - the dinner table scenes have always been the best of the series.

Ep 11 - the scenes with Becca are the first time I've found myself warming to Levon. He bounces off her grumpiness nicely.

* she's a wet blanket emo in every other scene though.

So I guess the series is going to end with Hank writing a pilot that will eventually become Californication?

Art imitating life imitating art imitating life. Or some s**t.

So I guess the series is going to end with Hank writing a pilot that will eventually become Californication?

Art imitating life imitating art imitating life. Or some s**t.

Pretty annoying that there has been a week off in between the 2nd last ep and last ep. American programming makes no sense at all.

Pretty annoying that there has been a week off in between the 2nd last ep and last ep. American programming makes no sense at all.

There is not a week off. Showtime have been putting the episodes on the Sho on demand thing a week before they air. thats how the torrents were always uploaded late compared to other shows at the same time, and a week early. They just didnt do this with the final episode.

The 30min comedy shows sometime do this same with HBO i remember Bored to Death got the same for its last season and some other shows. Showtime have done it with this and House of Lies in the past.

There is not a week off. Showtime have been putting the episodes on the Sho on demand thing a week before they air. thats how the torrents were always uploaded late compared to other shows at the same time, and a week early. They just didnt do this with the final episode.

The 30min comedy shows sometime do this same with HBO i remember Bored to Death got the same for its last season and some other shows. Showtime have done it with this and House of Lies in the past.

Right. That's a strange thing to do. Just breaks it up and ruins it a bit I think.

*en Levon pmsl

" Your names Tara...i went to school with a girl named SARA....she was *ed....."

FANTASTIC END TO A FANTASTIC SHOW

* Needed 1 last Batesy cameo but

She packed my bags last night pre-flight
Zero hour nine a.m.
And I'm gonna be high as a kite by then
I miss the earth so much I miss my wife
It's lonely out in space
On such a timeless flight

And I think it's gonna be a long long time
Till touch down brings me round again to find
I'm not the man they think I am at home
Oh no no no I'm a rocket man
Rocket man burning out his fuse up here alone

Mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids
In fact it's cold as hell
And there's no one there to raise them if you did
And all this science I don't understand
It's just my job five days a week
A rocket man, a rocket man

And I think it's gonna be a long long time...

Last edited:
wish it ended on more of a high, the whole Levon thing was crap all season. i think its best the show is gone now. not the best season last year would of been better to end it. If they could get Hank and Karen together like in the dream thing in the end of last season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish they had kill the Karen character back in Season 1, the repetitive boring rubbish of will they or won't they get back together really held the show back. As far as I'm concerned Karen brought nothing of value to the show other than as a filler storyline Kapino could use when he no better ideas forthcoming.

Finally got around to watching the last ep.

Nothing special but I didn't mind it too much. Predictable as it was they had to end with a happy ending of sorts after all the s**t Hank and Karen had been through. I did enjoy that final shot of his iconic Porsche abondoned in LA though, that was quite poignant.

Also enjoyed the recycling of Rocket Man, which if I'm not mistaken was the music to the quite powerful wordless scene when Karen first found out about Hank ******* Mia.

Felt a little forced the way 4 or 5 happy endings were all crushed in together, but nowhere near as bad as Entourage managed in their final ep. (Oh so this British journo knocked you back for a date half a dozen times because she's 'not that type of girl'... only to agree to marry you on the first date? Riiiiiiiigggghhhttt :rolleyes:)

Last edited:
I wish they had kill the Karen character back in Season 1, the repetitive boring rubbish of will they or won't they get back together really held the show back. As far as I'm concerned Karen brought nothing of value to the show other than as a filler storyline Kapino could use when he no better ideas forthcoming.

Karen was a pretty valuable character up until about season 4 because she was needed as Hank's conscience. Take her out and the forbidden fruit he was tasting wouldn't be so forbidden, and half the conflict that drove the show wouldn't have existed.

The whole show lost it's way after that though. If it was a British show it would have ended after S4 and probably preserved its legacy a bit better.

wish it ended on more of a high, the whole Levon thing was crap all season. i think its best the show is gone now. not the best season last year would of been better to end it. If they could get Hank and Karen together like in the dream thing in the end of last season.

Yeah, Levon was terrible. He's like a repulsive Jay Sherman come to life. I can see where they were going with it but the actor and some of his characteristics just didn't work.

I like Heather Graham but part of me wished Gillian Anderson was in the role instead, almost like 'what-if' for Scully and Mulder, but can understand that would have the potential of taking the focus off the story.

David Duchovy and Natasha McElhone seemed quite bored this season like they knew it was out of steam. Season 7 had potential, if they had focused more on those TV writers I think it would have been on par with 5 and 6. Unfortunately the writing office aspect was underdeveloped and other story lines were too drawn out without the pacing of previous seasons.

The show would have been great finishing with season 4. Just a perfect way to end it there and then, despite liking season 5 and 6.

^^ Needed more Batesy

That would have helped. :D

I was also hoping they would make a plot where Becca's 'terrible' novel was an instant bestseller in the Twilight/Fifty Shades way. Hank then having to deal with the fact that his daughter gains the success he's worked his whole life for with a literary work he considers s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back