Call of Duty 8 first details

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 8, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Sledgehammer games are making it (it's their first ever title) so it won't be Modern Warfare 3 (Infinity Ward will announce that this time next year ;)). Rumors are spreading (with actual background, not just some weirdo who sits in front his computer all day) that it will take place in SPACE! In the far future.
The concept of a sci-fi themed Call Of Duty also cropped when we were taking tea with members of Black Ops developer Treyarch last week. Although they poured a certain amount of scorn on the concept we got the impression that the idea had been, or indeed is being, seriously considered.
Sledgehammer have also said they intend for this to be a different take on Call of Duty with an action/adventure twist to it (likely means more scripted scenes) but will keep the trend of being an FPS.
Discuss.

They should release Cods every 2-3 years and actually release a stable game .. all we're doing is buying a glitched game every year

R.I.P Call Of Duty 2003-2011
I Have High Doubts this will get alot of Sales the game is meant to be about War and for the follow up of Black Ops a COD in Space?What a disaster it will become.Sledgehammer are a Development company out of Activision :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Call of Duty: Killzone/Halo/Quake/Doom

I actually heard it was going to be based in medieval times with arrows and swords and s**t.

Call of Duty: Codpiece edition

"Release thine hounds"
"We hath a spotter hawk in thine skies"

Catapult strike

I actually heard it was going to be based in medieval times with arrows and swords and s**t.

"Release thine hounds"

Call of Duty: The Age of Kings?

"Release thine hounds"

Catapult strike

Plague grenades.

Dragon gunner.

R.I.P Call Of Duty 2003-2011
I Have High Doubts this will get alot of Sales the game is meant to be about War and for the follow up of Black Ops a COD in Space?What a disaster it will become.Sledgehammer are a Development company out of Activision :(
They're made up of devs from EA's Visceral Games though (Dead Space, Dante's Inferno).

This will be dross though, undoubtedly, sci-fi would be hilarious to try and put across for a series so stuck in reality like COD likes to be.

What would be nice is if Sledgehammer could take over IW's iterations and let IW create something new. They're a good developer and know how to make a good game, they just lost their way with MW2 by stacking it with way too much, there's core elements there that you can see why they are considered such a good developer.

I would have though they would start making COD 5 before they start on 8. Been re-releasing the same game for how many years now?
To be honest, Black Ops is the only one that isn't a whole new game in my mind, just a polished up version of WaW. COD4 was revolutionary and MW2, as s**t as it may have been.. was an original game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back