Cameron Wood - playing seniors for Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

boots wasn't top 10.........

I guess I should take the advice of Collingwood supporters who still rate Witts.

Like it or not but Witts is your version of Warnock and Grundy of Kruz. Wood is your version of Hudson. If Hudson was fit he would be your first choice ruckman on exposed form.......like it or not

Wood battled hard and his work in the centre bounces gave our mids half a chance (a chance we took for 4 centre clearance goals in the first qtr)

Anyway we didn't give up a first round pick for him :drunk:
Yeah righto, cos Witts is a 27 year old hack like Warnock or an injury prone 25 year old like Kreuzer.. He's not 21 with a bit of mongrel, skill and amazing scope for improvement.......

Bootsma was your first pick the year he was picked....

Last edited:

I guess I should take the advice of Collingwood supporters who still rate Witts.

Like it or not but Witts is your version of Warnock and Grundy of Kruz. Wood is your version of Hudson. If Hudson was fit he would be your first choice ruckman on exposed form.......like it or not

Wood battled hard and his work in the centre bounces gave our mids half a chance (a chance we took for 4 centre clearance goals in the first qtr)

Still rate Witts? What does that mean? WItts is only 21. Grundy is younger still.

Of course we rate them both.

I don't rate Witts but I would rather have him over Kreuzer as a ruckman. Kreuzer is an awful ruckman and that's not just from me but from Carlton fans that I know.

I think it's harsh to put Josh Fraser in the same league as Kreuzer, Fraser was a much better player when he was younger and was our ruckman in two straight GFs. That's tough for a third and fourth year ruckman to do. Obviously his career ended pretty poorly and he was no good from 2008 on wards but by then his body was shot and his knee was gone.

Lololololololololololololol

O wait, your serious?

I have no idea how anyone could not rate Witts. They mustn't have seen the past 6 weeks of footy.

He is a good tap ruck man, is developing a strong, physical body, tackles well for a ruckman and kicks the occasional goal in the forward line and looks to be a good set shot. It's actually very impressive. Not sure what more you could expect from a 21yo.

I like that allot cause Warnock is a lazy spud that does nothing around the ground, Kreuzer was a waste of the number one pick and Hudson is our ruck coach. Does Wood coach your ruckman? I'd hope not.

Except both are 20 and will improve - unlike Kreuzer and Warnock who were retained on the list ahead of Jacobs who's probably All-Australian. Another piece of brilliant trading. What a pity you can't pull out the cheque books of Matheson and Pratt to solve your on field issues.

While you're on the topic of first round pics, how's Brock McLean, Matthew Watson and Kane Lucas going?

Except both are 20 and will improve - unlike Kreuzer and Warnock who were retained on the list ahead of Jacobs who's probably All-Australian. Another piece of brilliant trading. What a pity you can't pull out the cheque books of Matheson and Pratt to solve your on field issues.

While you're on the topic of first round pics, how's Brock McLean, Matthew Watson and Kane Lucas going?
Jacobs went home and was behind in the pecking order. If he was a melb boy he would of stayed. Kruz had wraps like grundy (who I rate btw) but has been crippled with injury. Witts has extreme Warnock tendencies.

Lucas, Watson and Brock go as well as broomhread and Kennedy....... #derekisgod

We got a reject (your reject) to be our 3rd ruckman. You got a semi retired ruck coach.

I wouldn't have exposed your young rucks to the big time without a back up

3886633-2559988948-37837.gif

That's my point, Carlton ranked Jacobs 4th of rucks at that time and therefore he wanted to leave to get opportunities - if he was number 1 ruck, I suspect he wouldn't have left. After dominating in that Sydney final, mind you. Easy with 20/20 hindsight, but you lost your best ruckman as it turns out for Pat McCarthy if my memory serves me correct.

As I said, Witts' upside relative to Warnock's is huge. Fair point about not going with 2 inexperienced ruckmen, but we did get Lynch last year, which didn't work out and White this year, as back-ups. Hudson was an insurance policy which effectively means he's last spot on the list.

The only difference if Broomhead or Kenno go is that we'll get something decent in return. You'll have 4 years of wasted first round picks (including bootsma) when those players are delisted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jacobs went home and was behind in the pecking order. If he was a melb boy he would of stayed. Kruz had wraps like grundy (who I rate btw) but has been crippled with injury. Witts has extreme Warnock tendencies.

We got a reject (your reject) to be our 3rd ruckman. You got a semi retired ruck coach.

Hahahahahaha, no.

Let's compare the two. This should be fun!

Warnock 2014:
Games: 16
Disposals: 139
Marks: 14 (lolwut?)
Goals: 4
Hitouts: 548
Tackles: 30

Witts 2014:
Games: 15
Disposals: 154
Marks: 46
Goals: 8
Hitouts: 263
Tackles: 53

So what does this tell us? Witts at 21 in his second season is significantly ahead of Warnock in every single area of the game aside from tap work. Given that not many 21 year olds ever dominate the ruck so young I can forgive him that.

Also, 14 marks in 16 games? Give me Witts with less tap outs and decent work around the ground over Warnock any day of the week thx.

Lucas is a vannilla outsider who has no outstanding strenght to his game to put himself above any other vanilla outsider.

don't know which idiot thought it was a good idea to waste a first rounder on him

Lucas shouldn't even be compared to players in the rookie draft he is so bad.

It would make me sick if he compared that trot '5 possessions' menzle hack to Kennedy let alone Lucas. How's cripps going? Isn't he their last hope out of their recent recruits?
Menzle- crap
Lucas- crap
Buckely- crap
Bell- crap
Thomas-crap
Bootsma- crap
Graham - crap
Casboult-crap
Docherty- meh, slightly better than crap
Cripps- ?

Derek must be doing something right given a Carlton supporter knows his name, no idea which spud picked the players mentioned above

We all give up first round picks for duds over the years, eh? :)

If all your first round picks ended up being A Graders then you'd have won 5 flags since 2000! ;)

Let's compare the two. This should be fun!

Warnock 2014:
Games: 16
Disposals: 139
Marks: 14 (lolwut?)
Goals: 4
Hitouts: 548
Tackles: 30

Witts 2014:
Games: 15
Disposals: 154
Marks: 46
Goals: 8
Hitouts: 263
Tackles: 53

So what does this tell us? Witts at 21 in his second season is significantly ahead of Warnock in every single area of the game aside from tap work. Given that not many 21 year olds ever dominate the ruck so young I can forgive him that.

Also, 14 marks in 16 games? Give me Witts with less tap outs and decent work around the ground over Warnock any day of the week thx.

Mate! Stop trying to reason with this bloke! Statistics, figures and FACTS mean nothing to him! Just give up ;)

But seriously, almost everything he has said regarding "this carlton player is better than your collingwood player" has been destroyed by empirical evidence... yet he still continues to bang on... These desperate Carlton blokes will cling to any lie they make up in their own brain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back