Cameron Wood - playing seniors for Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez .. there's something wrong with me.. Watching that game I actually felt really sorry for Cam Wood and I also found myself wanting to see Daisy do well.

Love the way when players we have got rid of play 1-2 okay games- 'Buckley and the recruiting team are crap, what are we doing, have to start a thread to whine, sack the lot of them".

How are Dawes, Ceglar, Wellingham and Wood going now. Is anyone going to start a thread saying oops i think i may have got that wrong and the club right.

It seems there are a few on here biased towards bagging the club based on a small sample of events but use a different criteria when judging some of the things they have posted.

Last edited:

Problem with Wood is that his Good was Good and his Bad was Bad he was not consistent. Witts although doesn't set the world on fire at this stage has a consistent output week in week out so you know what your going to get with him.

Actually felt sorry for him a little bit. Any other stage of the game and he would have hit it towards the boundary hoping for a behind. Didn't help that they were just one point in.

Oh well, great to see Carlton lose again. Even though it was annoying hearing the commentators keep mentioning how Freo were off, yet a "really good side"... Maybe they're just not that good anymore?

Don't see reason to bag Wood. He has done nothing wrong toward our club.
He was even barracking for us on his twitter when he got delisted.
That was just bad luck last night & I felt sorry for him.
The ball fell in his hands and he just booted it under pressure not to get caught Holding the Ball.
If the kick hit a Carlton player, he would have been the hero.
Bad luck - the Blooze Lose !!!

Last edited:
Derp Grundy and Witts.

See if they break even against a 120kg monster

Derp

Cameron Wood.

ocOL81.gif

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he was playing under Malthouse he puts that kick within inches of the boundary line...... errrrrr....ahhhh. forget it.

**** For those that forgot. While working for Ch 7 in 2012, Toovey goes to clear a kick from our D50 against carlton too ironically. Tooves miscues it and it goes straight down the guts to a carlton player who marks and goals. Malthouse, in a snipe at Bucks, says " last year Toovey puts that inches from the boundary line ". Toovey admits later he miscued the kick and he was going for boundary line.:rolleyes:

Geez .. there's something wrong with me.. Watching that game I actually felt really sorry for Cam Wood and I also found myself wanting to see Daisy do well.

I didnt like to see Wood get blamed for that final mistake. He's grown up a bit. He was such an immature dufus. As for his overall form, he still lacks urgency. I suppose its a part of his personality. I'm not sure if he will be another Ceglar...

That's what we thought. I saw him against us in the VFL and he was good although he was up against kids to be fair. He will get your hopes up and then have brain fades and you'll be totally frustrated by him. For his sake I hope it works out, for Carlton's I don't :)
On the money mate, brilliant

I hope this is a joke or sarcasm or a troll or your very drunk.
Now go wash your mouth out and don't let me catching you making these sorts of statements again.
Wake up to yourself.

I'm thinking that posting this on the Carlton board would be the most enjoyable way to get a red card.

So tempting. So, so tempting.

Where have all the Carlton supporters gone?
Tanking - to get ready for 2015.

The irony is if Warnock was playing instead of Wood, they would've won as Warnock only gets about 1 kick and 3 handballs a game. With his skills he would've fumbled and it would've been a ball up.

Derp Grundy and Witts.

See if they break even against a 120kg monster

Derp

Sandilands = 46 hit outs, 2 marks, 2 tackles, 15 disposals.
Wood = 12 hit outs, 4 marks, 3 tackles, 13 disposals (one of which cost you the game).

If that's what you see as breaking even then you are a very positive chap and good on you.

2. Round 1, 2014 (Collingwood vs Freo)

Sandilands: 39 hit outs, 3 tackles, 7 marks, 19 disposals.
Grundy: 13 hit outs, 9 tackles, 2 marks, 14 disposals.

3. In your game vs Freo you played 2 rucks and so did they.
In our game we played both Grundy and Witts and they also played 2 rucks.

4. When Grundy rucked against Sandi in round 1 he was still 19 years old. Witts was 21.
Between them they've played under 50 games.

5. Wood is 27 and has played over 60 games.

So, no.... Wood is not a better 3rd ruck than huddo and is certainly not a better ruck than Witts or Grundy.
At best he is on par. Which I'm happy with because by the time Grundy is wood's age he'll be, at very least, a lot better than Wood has ever been and ever will be.

Derp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back