Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
CanAmsetup_zpsd6fbffcd.png

Welcome to the bidding thread for the Canadian-American (Can-Am) Premiership, like the FIRA and NAFL this is a league style competition where you will need to bid for a position in the competition.

However unlike the two above competitions there will be a list of 40 locations (located at the end of this post) you can choose from to make your bid for entry in this competition, this will require you to post a short description of why your bid is the best for the location and how you will represent them and bring pride to your location.

You may choose to try and bid for a location that is not listed but you will need to convince the bid committee that your location is better than any of those listed. Also if you choose to take this route you will need to post a backup location for your team should the first location be knocked back.

You may bid for 2 separate listed locations, however if you are bidding for a non listed location you are permitted to have a 3rd bid that is basically the same as the non listed one just with the location and bid description changed.

Finally please post which conference you would like to be placed in, Conference Eliitti is the equivalent to the FIRA Superleague and Conference Oppilas is the equivalent to the FIRA Ligue Mondiale.

32 teams will be selected and divided into the two conferences which will both contain 16 teams. I may allow for multiple teams from the same location if those bids are convincing and are from a large enough loacation to hold multiple teams.

Bid closing date: TBA

Good Luck

Nomination format:
------------------------------------------
Requested Conference: (Eliitti or Oppilas)

1st Bid
Nickname:
Reasons your bid should be selected:

2nd Bid
Nickname:
Reasons your bid should be selected:
------------------------------------------

Location List:

Atlanta
Baltimore
Boston
Buffalo
Calgary
Charlotte

Chicago
Cincinnati
Cleveland

Dallas-Fort Worth
Denver

Detroit
Edmonton
Hawaii

Houston
Indianapolis
Kansas City

Las Vegas
Los Angeles
Miami
Minneapolis–Saint Paul
Montreal

Nashville
New Orleans

New York City
Oklahoma City
Orlando
Ottawa
Philadelphia

Phoenix
Pittsburgh
Portland
Providence
San Antonio
San Diego
San Francisco Bay Area

Seattle
St. Louis
Tampa Bay Area
Toronto
Vancouver
Washington, D.C.
Winnipeg

Uniformdesignguide_zps9fdbfd23.png

ConferenceEliitti_zpse571e640.png
ConferenceOppilas_zps3be35b95.png

Conference Logo Vector

Number logo white:

Number logo black

Last edited:
And I will get it started

Requested Conference: Eliitti

1st Bid
Team Name: Toronto
Nickname: Thunderbirds
Reasons your bid should be selected: The unfortunate Toronto Thunderbirds franchise were to compete in the IFA until the management of the franchise and the competition came to an impasse over some undisclosed issues. This followed the franchise having to move from their original location in Cleveland after financial issues between the city and the franchise. The Thunderbirds who represent the strength and passion of the city of Toronto are a perfect fit for the Canadian-American Premiership as they are now battle hardened and prepared to show their passion for the game as well as for the city who allowed them to find a home.

2nd Bid
Team Name: Anaheim
Nickname: Shooting Stars
Reasons your bid should be selected: The Anaheim Shooting Stars would be the glamour club of the Canadian-American Premiership, owned by a select group of famous figures the club will be based within the grounds of the Disneyland precinct. The club will represent the lifeblood of the Los Angeles region in its film and television production and as such will feature special themed nights around famous films and television programs. Also all proceeds from matches will be donated to charities represented by different celebrities who will be the teams mascot for the game.

Requested Conference: Eliitti

1st Bid
Team Name:Calgary
Nickname:Mountaineers
Reasons your bid should be selected: The Calgary Mountaineers are the team for Alberta. Calgary can bring Ice Hockey fans to football matches. Definitely not ripping Canada's Ice Hockey Uniforms off.

2nd Bid
Team Name:Edmonton Eagles
Nickname:Eagles
Reasons your bid should be selected: Being official partners with the German Soccer Team will create a strong German fan base bringing German fans to games.

Last edited:

Eliitti

1st Bid

Team Name: Miami
Nickname: Hornets
Reasons your bid should be selected: You owe me... I think I've got some pretty cool ideas in my head for this team to go with colours that are a tad under utilised in sport.

2nd Bid
Team Name:Montreal
Nickname: Bears

Requested Conference: Oppilas

1st Bid
Team Name: Atlanta
Nickname: Panthers
Reasons your bid should be selected: The Atlanta Panthers are a rising team with a dream to compete. The club was founded in 2000 as part of the national expansion. The Panthers later became a dominant force in the competition then continuing to compete successfully in the reunified CAN-AM competition.

2nd Bid
Team Name: Wolves
Nickname: Wolves
Reasons your bid should be selected: The LA Wolves have been established due to the high attendances at recent exhibition matches including a then CAN-AM record crowd of 87,161 in 2014 at the Los Angeles Stadium.

How can I compete with E92, his team is the full Hornet while I'm just the stinger :cry:

Dylan8 should not be selected for anything unless he puts socks on his template.

Division 1 please.

1st Bid

Team Name: San Diego
Nickname: Surge
Reasons your bid should be selected: I am going to make this almost uncomfortably over the top US modern franchise, as you can probably tell from the name's i've suggested. There will be 4 colours that don't go together on the face of it. There will be no sponsors. I will be looking at the Oregon Ducks, Maryland and similar colleges for inspiration.

2nd Bid
Team Name: Orlando
Nickname: Rush
Reasons your bid should be selected: As above

Requested Div: The good one

1st Bid

Team Name: Charlotte
Nickname: Stingers
Reasons your bid should be selected: I will put socks on my template

2nd Bid
Team Name: New Orleans
Nickname: Indians

Just fixed this so Dylan has a chance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eliitti

1st Bid

Nickname: Hornets
Reasons your bid should be selected: You owe me... I think I've got some pretty cool ideas in my head for this team to go with colours that are a tad under utilised in sport.

I've already given you lollipops, what else do you expect from me!!! Fair enough, sounds good.

Division 1 please.

1st Bid

Team Name: San Diego
Nickname: Surge
Reasons your bid should be selected: I am going to make this almost uncomfortably over the top US modern franchise, as you can probably tell from the name's i've suggested. There will be 4 colours that don't go together on the face of it. There will be no sponsors. I will be looking at the Oregon Ducks, Maryland and similar colleges for inspiration.

2nd Bid
Team Name: Orlando
Nickname: Rush
Reasons your bid should be selected: As above
The Orlando Bloom would be so much better

Requested Conference: Oppilas

1st Bid
Team Name: Boston
Nickname: Tea
Reasons your bid should be selected: Because I think this team will be very unique and I have a great idea in mind for the guernseys.

2nd Bid
Team Name: Montreal
Nickname: Roses
Reasons your bid should be selected: Pretty much the same as above except this team would have a fancy, traditional design.

EDIT: edited nickname for 2nd bid

Last edited:
Hoping for Eliitti

1st Bid

Team Name: Phoenix FC
Nickname: The Phoenix
Reasons your bid should be selected: Word play, connection to the location and the legend, unique colourway and location

2nd Bid
Team Name: Houston Takeoff
Nickname: The T-Minus
Reasons your bid should be selected: Unique nickname, connection to NASA history, tap into local pride, nickname coincides with the launch of a new FJ&GD era of competition

Requested Conference: Oppilas, but it doesn't bother me too much

1st Bid
Nickname: Hitmen
Reasons your bid should be selected: The Hitmen were the absolute top team of the 80s, but were unable to continue that into the 90s and fell to astonishing lows, both performance wise and outside the game, until the team was completely destroyed in 1996. Anything that mentioned or referenced the team was destroyed or edited as people were disgusted by the atrocities certain team members had comitted and all the scandals the club were involved in. Recently many Hitmen fans have been clamoring to see them again, so Mr 110 is looking to recreate the unstoppable Hitmen of the 80s.

2nd Bid
Team Name: Winnipeg
Nickname: Reds
Reasons your bid should be selected: Winnipeg just lost their Lionhearts team to Lucerne, but are still looking to have a team.

Last edited:
Requested Conference: Oppilas, but it doesn't bother me too much

1st Bid
Team Name: Winnipeg
Nickname: Reds
Reasons your bid should be selected: Winnipeg just lost their Lionhearts team to Lucerne, but are still looking to have a team.

2nd Bid
Nickname: TBD
Reasons your bid should be selected: The 1980s
Your Miami vs my Charlotte will be an 80s vs 90s round

shouldn't the conference names be in English, i think the Americans would riot if they had to host a league that "don speek none murican''View attachment 102807

They are named after two very famous former players in an old league that no longer exists and are in no way words in Finnish *shifty eyes*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back