AndyLucimitis

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
I am absolutely seething this morning - worse than last night.

Given the big stage that was possibly the worst Carlton performance I have seen in the last 10 years (maybe longer). We may have worst defeats but given the what was at stake this was bad.

However, can this be, to borrow Phil Goulds line, the sledgehammer over the head that sends Carlton to the next level.

- Elliott - he goes !! - keep his life membership but don't come back or comment on the club again - sit in the outer and keep frying your liver.

- Players - you are wearing the Navy Blue Carlton jumper with the CFC on it. How dare you put in performance as insipid as that. We can take losing to a better side in Essendon but giving up is unacceptable.

- Ratten - not normally one to bag coaches but the pressure is on. This club needs leadership. You are getting out-coached.

As a club can we take last nights performance and use it as the catalyst to start to build the desperation, intensity and passion (hate the word) absolutely required to win a premiership.

I am absolutely seething this morning - worse than last night

Me too - I thought things would seem better this morning, but they are soo much worse.

However, can this be, to borrow Phil Goulds line, the sledgehammer over the head that sends Carlton to the next level

Personally I hate all this 'the loss we needed to have' mentality. It's just an attempt to find a positive when there isn't any - this loss will not send us to any new levels, it only reminds us how bad our current level can still be...I honestly didn't think we'd see a performance like that again this year.

Me too - I thought things would seem better this morning, but they are soo much worse.

Personally I hate all this 'the loss we needed to have' mentality. It's just an attempt to find a positive when there isn't any - this loss will not send us to any new levels, it only reminds us how bad our current level can still be...I honestly didn't think we'd see a performance like that again this year.

I agree and you have worded it beautifully and said what I was trying to say - this was worse than the 'loss we had to have'. It's beyond that.

It can't be written off as 'this happens to young teams' - out attitude has to be ' this must not happen again' !

Nup. You're s**t.
Normally I would be annoyed at opposition supporters coming here and hanging crap on us, but when it is a Richmond supporter you can't help but laugh.

This can only be a turning point if we react to it. The MC needs to grow some serious balls and drop Stevens and Fevola. Big deal if we lose next week because of it. A message needs to be sent that if you do not fight and bleed for this great club then you will not play for them. An example will not be made if we simply drop some fringe players and let these supposedly senior players of the hook lightly yet again.

Why are we the only club not strong enough to teach out more senior players a lesson. St. Kilda did it last year with Milne and Dal Santo an look at them now. Even Richmond have done it to Bowden Simmonds and others. And lets not forget the team we made look fantastic last night dropped Lucas this year and Lovett last year and look at them now.

This can only be a turning point if we react to it. The MC needs to grow some serious balls and drop Stevens and Fevola. Big deal if we lose next week because of it. A message needs to be sent that if you do not fight and bleed for this great club then you will not play for them. An example will not be made if we simply drop some fringe players and let these supposedly senior players of the hook lightly yet again.

Why are we the only club not strong enough to teach out more senior players a lesson. St. Kilda did it last year with Milne and Dal Santo an look at them now. Even Richmond have done it to Bowden Simmonds and others. And lets not forget the team we made look fantastic last night dropped Lucas this year and Lovett last year and look at them now.
If we do that then there is no chance that we will make finals.

Fevola had disgusting delivery last night.

Dropping Stevens and Fevola could be the kick up the backside they need, yeah we might lose next week but it will be better for our club in the future, Ross Lyon bit the bullet last year with Milne and Dal Santo and now its paying dividends. We didn't have Stevens in round 1 and 2, we still won... we've shown we can kick goals without Fevola.

I am absolutely seething this morning - worse than last night.

Given the big stage that was possibly the worst Carlton performance I have seen in the last 10 years (maybe longer). We may have worst defeats but given the what was at stake this was bad.

However, can this be, to borrow Phil Goulds line, the sledgehammer over the head that sends Carlton to the next level.

- Elliott - he goes !! - keep his life membership but don't come back or comment on the club again - sit in the outer and keep frying your liver.

- Players - you are wearing the Navy Blue Carlton jumper with the CFC on it. How dare you put in performance as insipid as that. We can take losing to a better side in Essendon but giving up is unacceptable.

- Ratten - not normally one to bag coaches but the pressure is on. This club needs leadership. You are getting out-coached.

As a club can we take last nights performance and use it as the catalyst to start to build the desperation, intensity and passion (hate the word) absolutely required to win a premiership.

Let's hope the penny drops Andy. Still think there's some tough decisions to be made by the MC and others for the focus and intensity that we so clearly lack to materialize.

I would have no issue with Fevola being dropped.

One of the reasons he can be such a dip**** at times on the field is that the club in recent years has not had the balls to drop him. This means his attitude and behaviour is essentially condoned, because the message from the club is that he can do what he wants and stay in the side.

The club is as much to blame as Fevola in my view for cultivating his wildly fluctuating on-field mindset.

The slogan is 'when are you coming?'

This will make for an interesting match over here next week. I would'nt worry about a lack of tall defenders as we have a lack of tall forwards.

BTW has Bower resigned, he should come home and rest a few weeks and contemplate his offer....

As far as I'm concerned it's a win-win situation if we drop stevens and fevola.

Worst case we lose and then don't make the finals. Well if that's the result then maybe we don't deserve to make the finals this year and finally those 2 will realise how their lazy performances are nowhere near good enough.

Best case we win and end up making the finals and we have also taught a lesson to not just those 2 but the whole playing list that the club is bigger than the individual and we will be successful, if you want to be part of that success then you need to get your head out of your arse and work for it otherwise see you later cause we will be better off without you, no matter who you are.

And fevola's performance was horrible and it had nothing to do with the delivery good or bad, he was just lazy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 weeks ago was supposed to be a turning point.
Actually after Adelaide was meant to be a turning point
Wait after Fremantle wasn't that a turning point aswell?

2 weeks ago was supposed to be a turning point.
Actually after Adelaide was meant to be a turning point
Wait after Fremantle wasn't that a turning point aswell?

your 100% right, but what changed after those games? NOTHING.

So what, so we dropped some fringe players only to replace them with other fringe players. The problem with those games was coming from a certain few of the senior players, some of whom are in the leadership group. And they are still there and that is why the problem continues to resurface every few weeks.

proud as punch with the boys and the coach ..what a coach hey ..what a remarkable effort hey ..to have in emerging players like bannister and fisher in the side really was what was needed . .. i mean after all players like robinson and yarran are passed it .

Geez that oHailpin has silky skills doesnt he .. we need more players like him ..though we do have alot of those players too who never seem to turn it over who have laser like accuracy . ..

Keep up the effort ..and dont worry Essendon wont get to their 17th before you guys do

proud as punch with the boys and the coach ..what a coach hey ..what a remarkable effort hey ..to have in emerging players like bannister and fisher in the side really was what was needed . .. i mean after all players like robinson and yarran are passed it .

Geez that oHailpin has silky skills doesnt he .. we need more players like him ..though we do have alot of those players too who never seem to turn it over who have laser like accuracy . ..

Keep up the effort ..and dont worry Essendon wont get to their 17th before you guys do

If there was any doubt left about whether you are a Carlton supporter or not, you have just cleared it up.

Constructive criticism from Carlton supporters is encouraged on this board, but to those who masquerade as Carlton supporters for the purpose of trolling, the same rules apply as to other non-Carlton supporting trolls.

From now on, any negative posts from you will be treated as trolling & you will be penalised accordingly.

I agree that Stevo and Fevola have probably never contemplated being dropped

Dal Santo was not dropped without fair warning - it even had media speculation

Ratts has to be Angry man this week - no friendly chit chat to anyone, and pull Fev and Stevo aside and give them the same single sentence of warning (which will be their notice forever more that they are dispensable)

"If you are not in my best this week - you will be dropped"

Take my opinion with a grain of salt but im one of the few Essendon supporters who don't mind Carlton. I dont think Fev is your problem, i think your lack of forward options is. O'Halpin seemed to work, tall quick mobile and had he kicked those 2 sitters it probably would've been a lot closer (at least 10 pts closer :p) but not sure if he's the right choice.

Fair to say Thornton and Waite out had a huge effect on the final scores but imo you need to find another forward option and not a crumbing small. Probably stating the obvious here but thought id put in my 2c fwiw.

Best of luck for the rest of the year.

Normally I would be annoyed at opposition supporters coming here and hanging crap on us, but when it is a Richmond supporter you can't help but laugh.
laugh at how bad Richmond is, or that carlton is almost at our level? haha

good luck with the rest of the season guys, you need to win 6 of the next 9 games :p

laugh at how bad Richmond is, or that carlton is almost at our level? haha

good luck with the rest of the season guys, you need to win 6 of the next 9 games :p

With our still reasonable % i think you'll find we need 5 more games to make finals. In fact, make it 4 as we play Richmond again don't we? ;)

Regardless, playing finals or not this year in itself doesn't really matter - all it would indicate is that we're developing our list effectively as the real game for us is a year or two away still.

Geez that oHailpin has silky skills doesnt he
.. we need more players like him ..though we do have alot of those players too who never seem to turn it over who have laser like accuracy . ..

Carlos was pretty good last night. Can't believe how much better his overhead marking is now. Be a few players thinking twice about backing into a thundering Fevola I reckon - and not once but twice. He was smashed both times and played on - he so deserves your smarmy sarcasm. Kick the s**t out of the non-tryers but only a truly inexperienced footy watcher could have missed Irish's fine efforts.

The turning point will be when the player realise they have to take the right attitude into each and every game.

We suffer a loss for a week or two, and then the players decide to "come to play" and win the following week. Then a certain few think they don't need to "come to play" the week after that win... we suffer a close loss.. and we get the "she'll be alright" attitude.

If the theme from our coaching and leadership group for the remainder of the year is not based on HARDENING THE F#C# UP! We will not be seeing finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back