Competition Can-Am Premiership 2015 - CHAMPIONS INDIANA BLUEBIRDS

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok so it's come to light that some owners have just used parts of their guernsey's that were taken from the internet without acknowledging the designers.
Also as someone who designed every part of my designs myself, a little help from places but 95% is mine and i never just used the same design and re-coloured it, this seriously irks me to the enth degree.
Most of these comps are set up to help people get better, not help some make themselves feel better by cheating.

I feel cheated.
Welcome to the FJGD, where originality is optional.

Seriously, he's not the first to do it and it definitely won't be the last. It's not cheating. Tolerating it depends on the person and the experience they have with Paint/Photoshop/Illustrator. He is a newbie here, so you can forgive him for that, can't you?
Besides, it's not ALL on him to create something original. You also need to create something better than what he's done. That's what the great designers around here do and I'm confident you know you can as well.

Welcome to the FJGD, where originality is optional.

Seriously, he's not the first to do it and it definitely won't be the last. It's not cheating. Tolerating it depends on the person and the experience they have with Paint/Photoshop/Illustrator. He is a newbie here, so you can forgive him for that, can't you?
Besides, it's not ALL on him to create something original. You also need to create something better than what he's done. That's what the great designers around here do and I'm confident you know you can as well.

I feel for LM but you're wrong Ando it is cheating.

I know i created something better as i said before i created different guernsey's that are not just re-coloured stolen work.
Using someone else's logo..... ok fine, but don't make it the central part of your design.

If we allow this to continue we are as bad as them.

I feel for LM but you're wrong Ando it is cheating.
It's a lack of capability to come up and execute something better.

I know i created something better as i said before i created different guernsey's that are not just re-coloured stolen work.
Using someone else's logo..... ok fine, but don't make it the central part of your design.
Just wait until the competition is finished, the final standings will show you how much you need to worry about this, fumbler. Usually the people who put the effort in are rewarded.

It's a lack of capability to come up and execute something better.

Just wait until the competition is finished, the final standings will show you how much you need to worry about this, fumbler. Usually the people who put the effort in are rewarded.

Looking at the voting so far......... many, many people enjoy pretty colours on guernseys that have nothing to do with the clubs identity what so ever.

Enough of this, akkaps. I'm sick of it. Deal with it by making Paint "your bitch" and use it to the best of your ability, or keep bagging it for no reason whatsoever.
Isn't there a guy called Scott on here? I'm pretty sure he goes for Freo. He uses paint...
:thumbsu:

1. I can't remember him making the Grand Final of a competition
He utilises what he's got to the best of his ability and he's rewarded with consistent places in finals.
Besides, I guess you don't follow the "Weekly" comps such as the Europeanisation one where he owns us all..

Looking at the voting so far......... many, many people enjoy pretty colours on guernseys that have nothing to do with the clubs identity what so ever.
And therefore it does not matter what program you use. ISN'T THAT RIGHT akkaps

Like a broken record, honestly. Do something about it.

Enough of this, akkaps. I'm sick of it. Deal with it by making Paint "your bitch" and use it to the best of your ability, or keep bagging it for no reason whatsoever.
Okay, then show where a Paint entry from the past year or so has won a league style competition.
He utilises what he's got to the best of his ability and he's rewarded with consistent places in finals.
Besides, I guess you don't follow the "Weekly" comps such as the Europeanisation one where he owns us all..
That's logos. Not jumpers.

I've tried to get a Paint only competition running, but there was alot of opposition from Photoshop users.

Okay, then show where a Paint entry from the past year or so has won a league style competition.
Competitiveness, my friend. It's not all about winning. Maybe the designs that won (which used Photoshop OR Illustrator) DESERVED to win!

That's logos. Not jumpers.
It's even harder!

I've tried to get a Paint only competition running, but there was alot of opposition from Photoshop users.
Some people have macs. I told you I'd enter if I had a Paint-equivalent.
And there was probably a lot of opposition because it's you suggesting it, the guy that keeps trying to tell us "we hate Paint".

How many likes does it have?

:thumbsu:

And therefore it does not matter what program you use. ISN'T THAT RIGHT akkaps

Like a broken record, honestly. Do something about it.

You quoted me and responded to akkaps.

I'm pointing out the fact someone has used a logo not designed by themselves yet it is the major part of their design on the guernsey.

I am doing something about it by pointing it out.

Competitiveness, my friend. It's not all about winning. Maybe the designs that won (which used Photoshop OR Illustrator) DESERVED to win!

It's even harder!

Some people have macs. I told you I'd enter if I had a Paint-equivalent.
And there was probably a lot of opposition because it's you suggesting it, the guy that keeps trying to tell us "we hate Paint".

How many likes does it have?
People complain about pixels and the untidiness of the designs, which is due to the using Paint. People on here are more concerned about what template they use, and it shits me.

I don't care who runs it, to be honest. As long as it runs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pointing out the fact someone has used a logo not designed by themselves yet it is the major part of their design on the guernsey.

Sometimes it's easier not to piss this Photoshop users off. They are quite protective of their program and its designs.

Half and half, to be honest ;)

I'm saying make sure you prepare well enough next time in order to beat those designs. (You should anyway, to be honest)

People complain about pixels and the untidiness of the designs, which is due to the using Paint. People on here are more concerned about what template they use, and it shits me.
Are you stuck in 2012 when all we had were the blocky, generic paint templates?
If you use the best Paint templates such as ScottFreo's, you will be fine! If you don't, you're shooting yourself in the foot and complaining about how it's not your fault.
I don't care who runs it, to be honest. As long as it runs.
Can someone please run it, so that a Photoshop user can win it? :rolleyes:

craegus I'm really sorry for all of this.

Half and half, to be honest ;)

I'm saying make sure you prepare well enough next time in order to beat those designs. (You should anyway, to be honest)

So you're saying i should just copy and paste a heap of US sports clubs shizzle on to my jumpers?
Not likely i have more respect for myself.

Are you stuck in 2012 when all we had were the blocky, generic paint templates?
If you use the best Paint templates such as ScottFreo's, you will be fine! If you don't, you're shooting yourself in the foot and complaining about how it's not your fault.

Can someone please run it, so that a Photoshop user can win it? :rolleyes:

craegus I'm really sorry for all of this.
I was using ScottFreo's templates for Anal. It didn't get me further up the ladder, in fact, I'm still at the bottom of the ladder.

I was using ScottFreo's templates for Anal. It didn't get me further up the ladder, in fact, I'm still at the bottom of the ladder.
Then maybe you should pay closer attention to what the best designers are doing with their template/program rather than the template/program itself. You're basically proving that your argument is a s**t one; good template or bad template, it's the design that gets votes.

Oh wow, you're complaining about how your inferior software is the reason why you're not winning competitions. Seriously? Why don't you acquire some software which has advanced beyond the point of 1995 like 95% of us, instead of feeling sorry for yourself because you aren't winning fictional design competitions on the footy jumpers section of a football forum? Have you considered that maybe, maybe, you aren't as good at designing footy jumpers as other people? That it isn't because of software, but because other people just have better design sense? There's no shame in it, I know other people are far better than me here despite having no software advantage. Hell, even SF is leaps and bounds ahead and I use more powerful software than him.

Sometimes it's easier not to piss this Photoshop users off. They are quite protective of their program and its designs.
This is the guy who complained about making designs he 'didn't want to' because of some weird perceived pressure to. You're the one who can't move on from Paint for no reason. ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back