Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Great News regarding SOSOS's development.

We could really use 2 first rounders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's hope Bradley and Rice start breaking out at tac level! We could do with an exciting small forward and hard in and under mid with decent skills.

Let's hope Bradley and Rice start breaking out at tac level! We could do with an exciting small forward and hard in and under mid with decent skills.
Don't hold out too much hope for Jakey Bradley. He's coming from a long long way back.

Good and good.
Where did Rice play today?
He played attacking half back. He has the skills to play at AFL (very high grade skills). He is strong and courageous. He needs to demand the ball more and if he did then no doubt he is mid potential and would be in the top bracket of TAC. Downside for Carlton is twofold. 1. He is slightly on the introvert side of the scale. 2. St Kilda are in to him in a big big way.

Don't hold out too much hope for Jakey Bradley. He's coming from a long long way back.

If he isn't up to what you consider to be the minimum standard (and you get to see way more junior footy than most people do), then the club is more than likely thinking the same and will pass on him. There is a chance he may have a growth & form spike which enables him to reach that level but that may be highly unlikely.

Unfortunately, we cannot be speculative in our recruiting, we need to nail as many as we can every year. It'd be a shame if he didn't make it but sadly, that's the reality of this professional era.

Carlton need and are due for a bit of luck. Teams build flags by taking a heap of really good kids over a short period of time. Get some good early draft picks and some father son picks that turn out really good and we will be right back amongst it. I just hope the boys aren't going too hard and we don't have to use high picks to get these guys, I really hope Carlton are smart about this.

. St Kilda are in to him in a big big way.

After how the Saints treated his father I'd be absolutely gutted if he chose them over us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back