Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Went and watched Bailey Rice today. He got in the best players again playing offensive half back. Got a bad corky late in 3rd quarter. Came back on in 4th qtr to get another corky. Played through it, so he is tough. Hardly wastes a disposal. Looks laconic, but has the talent to make AFL. Kicks well, handballs excellent, strong mark, tackles stick and are bone crunching. I noticed he is very fast off the mark. Needs to work on his tank. Plus I was told that he was BOG for his school team the other week kicking nine goals in the first half before switching to the back line for the second half.

Carlton better pull their finger out as I heard they are losing ground rapidly to the Saints in winning his heart and mind. Bit of talk around the TAC traps that Carlton's recruiting set up and staff are in disarray at the moment, or at least missing in action.

This is so far from true it's not funny.

Glad you said it.

I'm sort of getting a strange enjoyment out of people continuing to bring these sorts of statements up.
Scouts can't scout any more............recruiters aren't watching games..............SOS only comes into the office once every 2 weeks............and on it goes. :)

Glad you said it.

I'm sort of getting a strange enjoyment out of people continuing to bring these sorts of statements up.
Scouts can't scout any more............recruiters aren't watching games..............SOS only comes into the office once every 2 weeks............and on it goes. :)
I'm glad you're enjoying it, it's making me mad.

Went and watched Bailey Rice today. He got in the best players again playing offensive half back. Got a bad corky late in 3rd quarter. Came back on in 4th qtr to get another corky. Played through it, so he is tough. Hardly wastes a disposal. Looks laconic, but has the talent to make AFL. Kicks well, handballs excellent, strong mark, tackles stick and are bone crunching. I noticed he is very fast off the mark. Needs to work on his tank. Plus I was told that he was BOG for his school team the other week kicking nine goals in the first half before switching to the back line for the second half.

Carlton better pull their finger out as I heard they are losing ground rapidly to the Saints in winning his heart and mind. Bit of talk around the TAC traps that Carlton's recruiting set up and staff are in disarray at the moment, or at least missing in action.

There were two Carlton recruiters at Bendigo yesterday, and two at the MCG for the AIS game. FACT!

I'm glad you're enjoying it, it's making me mad.

I've had my frustration over the summer.........and I sort of feel sorry for the sfellowers........looking at you Andy Maher.
Yeah, we lost Rogers and even though that's not great, others will step up and SOS will want to making a name for himself.

As far as Bailey Rice is concerned? He wants to come to us and we have a need then fine and if not the selection will go elsewhere.
It's not exactly as though we're going to miss on an Ablett or Daniher here. I can't see the issue and as if we need another HBF'er anyway.

Yeah sure but they weren't watching the games as hard as everyone else was......................:rolleyes:

Hahaha........
The only other RM's I saw yesterday was Graham Wright and the West Coast RM. His name escapes me at the moment.

Wasn't able to stay for the Stingrays game, but will get to a few of their games this year.

There were two Carlton recruiters at Bendigo yesterday, and two at the MCG for the AIS game. FACT!
Any ideas on who they were having a gander at? I am guessing the Blues guys were there checking out Bailey at Bendigo.

He seems to be the ideal mid that we need at the moment... a good hard edge!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Father Son Developement Academy

That is Paul "Molly" Meldrum's son LNB top row 2nd from the right.

academy-jan-11-350-4.jpg

Standing from left to right, Joel Madden (son of Justin),
Jordan Dorotich (son of Jon), Mitchell Gleeson (son of Adrian),
Jack Meldrum (son of Paul), Bailey Rice (son of Dean).

Kneeling are Billy Alvin (son of Tom), Charly Williams (son of Greg),
Joseph Sexton (son of Michael) and Jack Silvagni (son of Stephen).

I know silvagni and rice can be drafted this year. Any idea when the others can be drafted?

Thankfully it sounds like you are correct.

I heard that young Rice was invited to some function last week by the Club. The function (past players???) had the VC winner in attendance. Rice was sat on the Presidents table next to the VC winner. Additionally, there is word that the Pres introduced Rice to the function as "a future Blues player". Now that is working on the heart and mind. Well done Blues.

I've had my frustration over the summer.........and I sort of feel sorry for the sfellowers........looking at you Andy Maher.
Yeah, we lost Rogers and even though that's not great, others will step up and SOS will want to making a name for himself.

As far as Bailey Rice is concerned? He wants to come to us and we have a need then fine and if not the selection will go elsewhere.
It's not exactly as though we're going to miss on an Ablett or Daniher here.
I can't see the issue and as if we need another HBF'er anyway.

I think getting second generation players is good for the club spirit and supporters. That plus we hopefully get a 8-10 pick upgrade on what he is worth.

We're due to nail a gun with the father son rule. Would be great if Rice turned out to be a gun. Dean was a very good player, would have probably been an even better player if it wasn't for injuries. He was versatile, tough and very competitive with good neat skills. Was no slouch as a runner, played on some real jets and beat them, guys like Michael Long.

We're due to nail a gun with the father son rule. Would be great if Rice turned out to be a gun. Dean was a very good player, would have probably been an even better player if it wasn't for injuries. He was versatile, tough and very competitive with good neat skills. Was no slouch as a runner, played on some real jets and beat them, guys like Michael Long.
I reckon that we will have a good chance with Bailey being a gun... is showing a lot of good signs already. And then we will have a very serviceable player in Jack... but the one that I think everyone is waiting for with baited breath is Ben. He is supposed to be even better than Jack is now... and is 2 year younger!

One thing that is interesting which ive found is Jack Silvangni has a very late bdayy 17/12/97. Very late for his age, so the fact that he is perfoming now when he is almost too young to be draftable is a very good sign.

Will he grow a few more cms?

That is a serious Qn btw

What age do boys stop growing?

I cannot remember personally it was so long ago LOL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back