Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

362771.jpg

362801.jpg

#1 Jack Silvagni (Carlton F/S Prospect)

1513676_807239816038521_186782274644695009_n.jpg

Jack Silvagni holding onto his one of many strong marks. Photo credit: Oakleigh FC

Forward. 190cm. Very strong hands, his marking is no doubt his main strength both on the lead and 1v1. Thought he was best on ground, had a huge impact up forward where he was able to not only hold a big mark, but use the ball really effectively to team mates. In the last quarter he could have had 4 set shots, instead he executed his decision to pass to a team mate in a better spot which lead to 4 scoring assists. Missed a couple set shot goals himself, but I can really see him having a break out game goal wise soon. Has some composure about him with the ball, never looks rushed or panicked. Finished 15 disposals, 7 marks (2 contested),1 goal, 3 behinds and 4 score assists.

http://madmondayshow.com/tag/jack-silvagni/

Will he grow a few more cms?

That is a serious Qn btw

What age do boys stop growing?

I cannot remember personally it was so long ago LOL
I finally finished growing when I was around 21 years old. I had a massive growth spurt between 18 and 19. So next year, he could put on another 5-10cm :D

if Jack wouldn't mind spudding it up it would be much appreciated...we know what he can do now....no need to keep raising his price
His price is pretty much set in stone... a third or 4th rounder I think. No one is going to touch him because of who his dad and grand dad are.

Unlike Bailey who, unless he actually nominates us before the draft as his preferred destination as a F/S, could be the subject of a bit of a bidding war between Carlton and St Kilda. If the Aints really want him, they could go as high as a second round pick for him... he isnt going to be worth a first rounder unless he dramatically improves over the remainder of the year.

I reckon that we will have a good chance with Bailey being a gun... is showing a lot of good signs already. And then we will have a very serviceable player in Jack... but the one that I think everyone is waiting for with baited breath is Ben. He is supposed to be even better than Jack is now... and is 2 year younger!

Haven't seen Jack play but he looks like a Silvagni from the photos, looks like a very strong kid. I heard from someone that at a similar age Stephen was a good forward but not a great player but came on very quickly, perhaps someone on here can confirm this. Either way, what better way to start a rebuild with a couple of early draft picks and a couple of gun father sons thrown in for f*** all! If we start having a few good father son's trickling in like with the Silvagni boys while we're picking off some good early draft picks then that's really going to accelerate things and set us up.

I finally finished growing when I was around 21 years old. I had a massive growth spurt between 18 and 19. So next year, he could put on another 5-10cm :D

I was 184 in year 10 (16 years old).....and then nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't seen Jack play but he looks like a Silvagni from the photos, looks like a very strong kid. I heard from someone that at a similar age Stephen was a good forward but not a great player but came on very quickly, perhaps someone on here can confirm this. Either way, what better way to start a rebuild with a couple of early draft picks and a couple of gun father sons thrown in for f*** all! If we start having a few good father son's trickling in like with the Silvagni boys while we're picking off some good early draft picks then that's really going to accelerate things and set us up.

Too bad the AFL are going to step in and ruin it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there are rumblings of changing the father-son rule, hope this doesn't disadvantage us....
of course it will disadvantage us... it did with the other time they changed the ruling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back