Catch up with Fages on Big Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Would 5 years be a reasonable figure?
i think post count would be a better indicator. too many trolls have active low post count accounts created 5-10 years ago

i think post count would be a better indicator. too many trolls have active low post count accounts created 5-10 years ago
I don't have a high post count but I don't troll, I think it just needs to be someone that has proven not to be trolling. Mods will know who is who, I think the invite option is best.

I don't have a high post count but I don't troll, I think it just needs to be someone that has proven not to be trolling. Mods will know who is who, I think the invite option is best.
that is true. surely we can find a happy medium somewhere

Not good enough

#sackfages ;)
I may not have the correct address - but didn't get a bounce. Used the tried and tested method for afc club email addresses.

For those concerned about how it would work - I left that open i my email to Fages. Just wanted to get his interest first and foremost. When, if, he comes back with an interest I'll discuss how it may work.

Rest assured trolls won't be tolerated. But that's probably a given and the least of my particular concerns around how it would work. A few of you well intentioned types can pump out posts far quicker than would be appropriate for such a scenario if it were 'live'. My best thought at this stage is collating questions from a thread here that we put to him and the mods can post the responses here.

If I was the club and looking to have a 'live internet interaction' type setup - I'd control it and open it up to more than bigfooty. But let's wait and see.

Rest assured trolls won't be tolerated. But that's probably a given and the least of my particular concerns around how it would work. A few of you well intentioned types can pump out posts far quicker than would be appropriate for such a scenario if it were 'live'. My best thought at this stage is collating questions from a thread here that we put to him and the mods can post the responses here.

In a gambling forum that I used to moderate on, this was easiest and most simplest solution which I had stated earlier.

You have two threads operating at once. The first one is where only Fages and mods post questions and replies, the second one is where Club posters post their questions to Fages. It was the simplest and easiest way of controlling the environment.

It allowed any question to be asked, it gets vetted by a mod and then posted in the main thread.

The biggest advantage of this scenario is that really any question can be asked without it being an embarrassment to Bigfooty as it has to be vetted first before being posted to Fages.

Yup sounds good.
I'd almost prefer to collect the questions in advance though (rather than having it 'live'). Maybe a bit of both.

Either way - waiting on Fages to express interest.
Thanks for your efforts. Appreciated.

Allefgib Do you know if the AFC.com account is still active? A variety of staff from the club used to post on that account when questions where asked on this board about admin stuff like ticketing. Haven't seen it recently, but some years back the club clearly monitored this board, and sometimes interacted.

EDIT: I can't find afc.com in a search, so I guess the account has been deleted.

Last edited:
It was afccomau from memory Macjoe .

And yes - it seems to have been deleted.

Fages did comment (via twitter?) on the passion and interest in the thread we created for him. Some random (presumably a poster - speak up if it was you and you want to correct my details) tweeted the thread to him and he responded to them.
@bigfootycrows also tweeted him the link but I don't think he responded to that one.

So - Fages is aware of the board.

It was afccomau from memory Macjoe .

And yes - it seems to have been deleted.

Fages did comment (via twitter?) on the passion and interest in the thread we created for him. Some random (presumably a poster - speak up if it was you and you want to correct my details) tweeted the thread to him and he responded to them.
@bigfootycrows also tweeted him the link but I don't think he responded to that one.

So - Fages is aware of the board.

It was regarding the logo thread

I think a high likes to post count would be a better indication, less likely to be trolling if people agree with what you are saying....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've sent him a couple links, the What Supporters want - A message to... and the Fixing Adelaide's defence...didn't get a response back, but wasn't looking for one either.

It's interesting, there was a PA to Trigg who responded to the last email I sent Chapman. I'm wondering whether Fagen is using the standard email address or not

[
LOL. Can I say one year?:p

In all seriousness I really do believe though that some criteria really needs to be enforced. You can only imagine some of the "interesting" questions that could be asked. Like I said this is a trial experience and we would want to get it right the first time to encourage the Crows to want to engage us in this manner regularly.

Could some questions be vetted first? This could be an option, a poster posts a question in here, the mod cuts and pastes it in another thread where no one can post in, accept for Fages and the mod of course.

Thoughts?
I haven't read page 2 yet. But I feel we need to submit the questions first, get them cut down, then ask him in maybe a PM or something. Then a moderator can copy the reply (with initial questions) to a new thread. (Would you allow that Chief - It technically does break BigFooty rules)

I think a high likes to post count would be a better indication, less likely to be trolling if people agree with what you are saying....
Some people with old accounts from before likes came in may not have had the time to build their likes up to reach such a level.

I'm at 3 posts to 1 like atm.................And considering my best post in terms of like was a troll on the main board (if you get the 1st reply contradicting a stupid thread, you can easily get 50+ likes there) I don't think it's really the best indicant.

Not really Smoothy - a number of posters on this board have accused me of being a troll and I've got a number of posts.

Some people with old accounts from before likes came in may not have had the time to build their likes up to reach such a level.

I'm at 3 posts to 1 like atm.................And considering my best post in terms of like was a troll on the main board (if you get the 1st reply contradicting a stupid thread, you can easily get 50+ likes there) I don't think it's really the best indicant.
Just countering the "I have the volume, let me in" argument. you can be a keyboard warrior living in the basement and smash out mass posts of crap. As I said before, just making a point.

Just countering the "I have the volume, let me in" argument. you can be a keyboard warrior living in the basement and smash out mass posts of crap. As I said before, just making a point.

I think thats why the best solution is to have two threads running simultaneously at the time Fages makes himself available.

In thread 1, any poster can ask any question without embarrassing our supporter base and bigfooty it gets vetted then posted by a mod in thread 2 as a question to Fages which he answers in that thread which is locked. This process allows the stupid question to be asked but not published to Fages to answer. Any disrespectful question should be dealt very very harshly. Regardless that Fages does not see it.

I think only one question per poster is also a fair solution for all. I think it needs to be a bit fluid and dynamic, depending on the time of the day Fages can answer will also reflect how many posters can be available to post one or more questions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back