Catch up with Fages on Big Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 17, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt FC; Pittsburgh Steelers
Awesome idea. The media guys used to post a bit on here, but I haven't seen them for ages. It would be great to have a formal club presence in this board.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Folks - I've already reached out earlier in the week.
Clearly I'll let you know if anything comes of it.
you are the spiritual leader of this board, and i kneel before you in awe

(not in the creepy way..)

It's a great idea. I think they prefer engaging the supporter base via twitter. Just because it gets the name out there a bit more, plus those hashtags.

Regardless. It would be nice to be able to put some thoughts forward longer than 140 characters. So I hope that some time could be spared even is it is just on rare occasion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He could do something like a Reddit AMA on twitter. #askfages
Would be easier for him to use a thread here, under the old AFC account that used to communicate with membership queries on here and the like.

This is where a lot of the viewing traffic goes, purely by seeing view counts on threads. For best exposure and to cover most bases if it wasn't done in person, it may as well be done here in a moderated environment. By that I mean notrollsallowed.

Would be easier for him to use a thread here, under the old AFC account that used to communicate with membership queries on here and the like.

This is where a lot of the viewing traffic goes, purely by seeing view counts on threads. For best exposure and to cover most bases if it wasn't done in person, it may as well be done here in a moderated environment. By that I mean notrollsallowed.
Maybe so but something like Reddit allows you to respond to a specific question.

I can see a potential problem of trolls/some opposition supporters ruining this potential great opportunity.

I think who is allowed to post the questions in the thread should be explored (or those that can be invited in the thread), criteria maybe being if you have been a member of Bigfooty for x number of years and so on.

Maybe those that post deliberate totally disrespectful posts to be permanently banned. This would be a rare opportunity to engage with the Crows hierarchy and such a great level of respect and courtesy needs to be displayed by all that post questions in the thread. The success of this experience could lead to further opportunities further down the line, be it, coach, player or our Fages again on in here.

Yes, I would refrain from memes, gifs and keeping my post count to just the one post on that particular thread too.:eek::p

I can see a potential problem of trolls/some opposition supporters ruining this potential great opportunity.

I think who is allowed to post the questions in the thread should be explored (or those that can be invited in the thread), criteria maybe being if you have been a member of Bigfooty for x number of years and so on.

Maybe those that post deliberate totally disrespectful posts to be permanently banned. This would be a rare opportunity to engage with the Crows hierarchy and such a great level of respect and courtesy needs to be displayed by all that post questions in the thread. The success of this experience could lead to further opportunities further down the line, be it, coach, player or our Fages again on in here.

Yes, I would refrain from memes, gifs and keeping my post count to just the one post on that particular thread too.:eek::p
Would 5 years be a reasonable figure?

Would 5 years be a reasonable figure?

LOL. Can I say one year?:p

In all seriousness I really do believe though that some criteria really needs to be enforced. You can only imagine some of the "interesting" questions that could be asked. Like I said this is a trial experience and we would want to get it right the first time to encourage the Crows to want to engage us in this manner regularly.

Could some questions be vetted first? This could be an option, a poster posts a question in here, the mod cuts and pastes it in another thread where no one can post in, accept for Fages and the mod of course.

Thoughts?

I think the mods would have it well under control because real fans would not bite at bait in such an important thread. They would just report. Mods would also delete disrespectful questions and thread ban disingenuous posters.

People posting would be staking their credibility if they were trolling. Board regulars would not do this unless disingenuous in the 1st place. A thread ban would then be appropriate.

Opposition posters would have zero business in such a thread and I'd imagine a serious infraction would follow.

I'd rather the mods control contentent rather than some ad hoc arbitrary posting permission system. It's quite possible a newbie who stumbles across BF might have genuine input.

I think the mods would have it well under control because real fans would not bite at bait in such an important thread. They would just report. Mods would also delete disrespectful questions and thread ban disingenuous posters.

People posting would be staking their credibility if they were trolling. Board regulars would not do this unless disingenuous in the 1st place. A thread ban would then be appropriate.

Opposition posters would have zero business in such a thread and I'd imagine a serious infraction would follow.

I'd rather the mods control contentent rather than some ad hoc arbitrary posting permission system. It's quite possible a newbie who stumbles across BF might have genuine input.

I presume this would be a Bigfooty first for the Crows? (or has this happened in the past?)

I think the discussion at least has merit as to how the thread is utilized by us posters and how we interact with the AFC hierarchy. While I presume that almost all posters that post in the thread would be respectful, I think being proactive is not a bad measure as deterrent to offending posters regardless of club allegiance. I dont necessarily disagree with your comments, I just felt brainstorming different ideas and opinions may lead to best solution of how the thread will go.

I am sure others will offer their pearls of wisdom and even experience on the matter if they have had any. I think this approach may lead to the best participation for us and also very importantly the AFC and can only improve the harmonious relationship between Club and the 19th man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back