Catch up with Fages on Big Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

I think your report may be a few more days away now. Shutts may have some important media work to do.

What trust is being built from your end?

By building the trust - do you mean not annoying the s**t of him so that him and Fages will agree to meet with you in the future for another talk which can be moderated by the club?
Giving them the time and opportunity to ensure they are not being misrepresented.

So the only way to keep the lines of communication open is to have the club openly censor what is re-posted?

Mate - I am all for you what you guys did. I would have jumped at the chance to sit down with the head of the AFC and fire away a few questions. You and your hand picked friends had a great opportunity and obviously enjoyed the experience. Kudos to you all.

I don't have an issue with the waiting time. I think the club has allocated the correct amount of time to this. Lets be honest - the fact that Shutts can't give 30 minutes to reviewing 6 pages of notes in one week says it all.

My question is, and still remains, what if you and the club have a disagreement about one of the questions? Will you put down your thoughts or tow the club line to keep the option of future meetings on the line?
Depends on the nature of the disagreement. I dont expect much.
i will be true to my word in not misrepresenting them.
i will let you know if i end up feeling they are muzzling us and being opposite of the authentic club they repeated countless times they aim to be.

So the only way to keep the lines of communication open is to have the club openly censor what is re-posted?

No just giving them the opportunity to clarify anything they have said so they are not misrepresented.

Fages, we know you're reading this. Everybody understands it was done before your time, but geez fix the jumper mate. The one that is fixable, that is.

Hoops. Not blocks.

As for that clash thingy, burn it with fire.

Agree with this - if they've stuffed up the jumper, then make them again; don't run with the flawed model.

Apart from that, I'm very pleasantly surprised by the meeting and the quality of the discussion - engaging with the fans has been a meaningless platitude in the past; now it's actually meaningful and genuine - it's very pleasing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did they say anything controversial that might be liable to misrepresentation or was it just a free flowing conversation?

What about the bit where they copped to putting the drugs in the boogie bag?

Yeah on it mate. The site misbehaving and trying to get it up amongst real work caught me out. Fully updated and correct now.

Lay on MacDuff.

One last point I'll make here. There have been a few comments about me picking my 'personal friends'. I'd met one of the attendees in the past, Henry, and felt his work on twitter on behalf of the board deserved some recognition. The rest I asked for people to express their interest in coming along. I solicited some other interest as frankly I was a little underwhelmed with the number of people expressing interest. I tried to choose those with a long and representative posting career on the board - not my 'friends'. And yes, clearly chose those who I felt would best represent the club. If that wasn't you, and you wanted it to be, work on making sure you build some credibility as I'm hopeful we'll have more chances in the future and I'd want to see the love shared as much as possible.

Yeah on it mate. The site misbehaving and trying to get it up amongst real work caught me out. Fully updated and correct now.

Lay on MacDuff.

One last point I'll make here. There have been a few comments about me picking my 'personal friends'. I'd met one of the attendees in the past, Henry, and felt his work on twitter on behalf of the board deserved some recognition. The rest I asked for people to express their interest in coming along. I solicited some other interest as frankly I was a little underwhelmed with the number of people expressing interest. I tried to choose those with a long and representative posting career on the board - not my 'friends'. And yes, clearly chose those who I felt would best represent the club. If that wasn't you, and you wanted it to be, work on making sure you build some credibility as I'm hopeful we'll have more chances in the future and I'd want to see the love shared as much as possible.

I can vouch for this.

Allefgib has no friends.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back