Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
YEiXsgv.png

Last edited:

Could mods close this thread to keep chat in one place?

Thread is fine for such a big race and will be closed after Saturday.

Lucia Valentina - faultless campaign, freak late split to win first up, ran on strongly against the pattern 2nd up and then wins the Turnball 3rd up, identical path to Fawkner last year but I had her 0.5 lengths superior to him in the Turnball.

Will get the cheap run and be strong at the finish, any improvement and she is very hard to beat. Rock bottom odds right now however but hard to argue she is a worthy favorite, profiles well for the race.

Bande - taking the Japanese on trust from their form in the past, ran a strong speed figure when he won by 5 lengths in August, will be on pace and making his own luck, hard to beat, respect Admire Rakti also but told that Bande more suited in this and is also the one on the up.

Big Memory - didn't rate him until this campaign, has been impressive rating highly with me in all 3 starts, if he was not on the back up and had drawn a barrier I would be very keen, if he hadn't of wobbled on the turn Saturday he wins easily. Herbert Power form and those he beat will be frowned upon but was sustained speed throughout running a huge overall figure. First up he was just beaten by Brambles who was 3rd up off a short break and his form ties in with the favorite. Will get out to an attractive price on the day.

Obviously doesn't end there but these are the three I will be backing at this stage.

I know it doesnt mean much, but LV beat Happy Trails time by over a second compared to the year before in the Turnbull.

Both Good 3.

It is irrelevant comparing times from one day to the next let alone 12 months later.

From a speed rating point of view both races rated on a very similar level.

LV was very strong late, it was a perfect Caulfield Cup trial, slightly different race shape with Fawkner faster early and slower late whilst LV even early and very strong late, I'd say hers was the better lead in from a Caulfield Cup perspective.

She is a deserving favorite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So after punching the numbers into the magic winning machine this is how ill structure a first four:

14,15/2,6,14,15,17/1,2,3,5,6,14,15,16,17/1,2,3,5,6,14,15,16,17

Was that The Offer that finished off late in the Turnbull? He got pushed so wide he went off the screen, it looks like one of the Moon's came out on the corner to push him even further wider too (but hard to say if he was hampered too much as it was off screen). It's just that the colours don't match on racing network.

Last edited:
Was that The Offer that finished off late in the Turnbull? He got pushed so wide he went off the screen, it looks like one of the Moon's came out on the corner to push him even further wider too (but hard to say if he was hampered too much as it was off screen). It's just that the colours don't match on racing network.

He finished okay, LV, Lidari, Brambles and Stipulate all had stronger late sectionals, he did get pushed a little wide but I couldn't have him here unless it somehow gets to a bog track.

It was mate and the colours that are up (same as sportsbet) are just the programs generic colours until they are entered manually.

Lidari is a definite chance but given the race will likely be run in a similar fashion to the Turnball with potentially even more speed then I can't see how he holds LV out, she was nearly 5 lengths quicker the last 600M with her last 200M split particularly strong.

From my own point of view I find it hard to see any out of the Turnball turning the tables on her out to the 2400M.

Lidari is a definite chance but given the race will likely be run in a similar fashion to the Turnball with potentially even more speed then I can't see how he holds LV out, she was nearly 5 lengths quicker the last 600M with her last 200M split particularly strong.

From my own point of view I find it hard to see any out of the Turnball turning the tables on her out to the 2400M.
Thanks mate. Will take it on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back