Celebrities that follow the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Kevin+Rudd+AFL+Rd+1+Brisbane+v+Fremantle+iQhbi7Ygp-ql.jpg

Definitely a bandwagoner.

I may be wrong here but was it the final in 2009 where Rudd was looking very bored then realised he was on camera and started looking interested? To be fair he did look genuinely excited when Bradshaw put us in front.

I may be wrong here but was it the final in 2009 where Rudd was looking very bored then realised he was on camera and started looking interested? To be fair he did look genuinely excited when Bradshaw put us in front.
Yeah, but any neutral would have been excited for us in that game.
In the cases of Rudd & Haydos, and I don't know if they are or aren't, any Queensland figure would have been 'supportive' of their state's only AFL team, whether they follow the game or not. I guess that goes for anyone really, they may not follow the game at all, but would cite us as their favourite team if asked to choose. That doesn't make them fans or supporters.

Hey, Lisa Newman is our "Number One" that's why you so often see her and hubby waving our flag.:rolleyes:

Kevin+Rudd+AFL+Rd+1+Brisbane+v+Fremantle+iQhbi7Ygp-ql.jpg

Definitely a bandwagoner.

IIRC he'd been spotted at the football several times well before becoming leader and his corresponding increase in media profile. Wouldn't say he'd know the most about the game, but he's probably more of a supporter than your average Brisbanite.

Melissa Downes the ancor for Channel 9 news in Brisbane is a long-time Lions member. I see her and her family at many home games throughout the year.

IIRC he'd been spotted at the football several times well before becoming leader and his corresponding increase in media profile. Wouldn't say he'd know the most about the game, but he's probably more of a supporter than your average Brisbanite.
Not saying he's not, but I wouldn't read too much into politicians going to the footy. It pays to be seen (not just by the media or public). Business people, developers and all sorts of industrialists pop along to sporting events to network and be seen to be popular, doing popular stuff. #schmoozing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

American Christian hip hop artist Shonlock is a Lions fan. I know this because I interviewed him when he was out in Aus and gave him and his drummer Lions caps. Before a career in Christian music he worked with arrested development, Aaliyah and R Kelly

I know who he is, just don't rate him, never did.....just like I don't rate 99.9% of Aussie actors/celebrities.
Constable Roy Baker > Anything Laurence Olivier ever did

American Christian hip hop artist Shonlock is a Lions fan. I know this because I interviewed him when he was out in Aus and gave him and his drummer Lions caps. Before a career in Christian music he worked with arrested development, Aaliyah and R Kelly
Didn't know Ros Kelly was musical. Well, there ya go!

IMO... Celebrity given a jumper/hat etc during a promotional tour does not a fan make... as much as Eddie McGuire would like to believe otherwise.
Robbie Williams is a Lions fan...:$

Gil Tucker is probably the biggest celeb Lions fan
Back in another life back in the 90's at a Melbourne 5 star hotel - used to purchase produce directly from him for our fine dining restaurants.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back