2nds Centrals vs Port Adelaide - Round 13 @ Elizabeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Partland is right about Centrals. They have requested Saturday afternoon games regardless of afl clashes. Also they don't want Port people at their ground. There are plenty of timeslots where the Power do not clash with Saturday afternoon where the Magpies could play them but my information is that Centrals want the clash.

I don't think their president is Grant, I think it is a former major sponsor of their club. I know him and when Choco was coach and talking about afl reserves back then he told me that as soon as that happens the Magpies will be kicked out and all juniors and zones will be lost. The sanfl and its clubs had these conditions from a long time ago.

Last edited:

He is a chb, can't get near it as a forward.
WTDnnwE.gif

Going to try and attempt to get to both games. Obviously won't be able to see all of this game but will see some

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Warren Partland said yesterday that it was Centrals decision to have the game on Saturday.

When the fixture was being made Centrals told the SANFL they wanted all their home games on Saturday and they just didn't bother looking at the fact the Power were scheduled at the same time.

Partland also said come finals we will have 16 AFL listed players + Summerton + 4 other SANFL listed players.

If Summerton is injured it's 17 AFL listed players + 4 SANFL listed. Crows will have 17 + 4 regardless.
Cool, so next year we'll ask for a curtain raiser and make sure it's against them. You can just see that piece of filth Chris Grant sitting back and laughing even though his sausage sizzle will be down $200.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still CEO according to their website and probably will be until he's pushing up daisies...

View attachment 392463
As much success as Grant & his team have brought Centrals over the years, he can't be in charge forever. When the change in CEO/GM does eventually come, I hope they'll be open to having games played in any time slot besides just Saturday arvo, but night games will be harder to schedule as the arena is too big for just four light towers.

Warren Partland said yesterday that it was Centrals decision to have the game on Saturday.

When the fixture was being made Centrals told the SANFL they wanted all their home games on Saturday and they just didn't bother looking at the fact the Power were scheduled at the same time.

Partland also said come finals we will have 16 AFL listed players + Summerton + 4 other SANFL listed players.

If Summerton is injured it's 17 AFL listed players + 4 SANFL listed. Crows will have 17 + 4 regardless.
Yet another example of SANFL rules being a joke.

If Summerton is treated as a special case during the finals, why isn't he treated so during the home and away season? Ridiculous.

Yet another example of SANFL rules being a joke.

If Summerton is treated as a special case during the finals, why isn't he treated so during the home and away season? Ridiculous.
This is why I gave up on the sanfl after 45years,haven't been for 2years.
They make it up to suit themselves.
It's a ******* joke!

Dumb port for not switching games,
Dumb SANFL for allowing this game to overlap
campaigner Centrals for overruling the SANFL.

You can't switch away games thus Port can't do zilch about it. You can request the home team consider a change but you get no prizes for guessing what Centrals will say if in fact they respond. Centrals want it this way and the sanfl are happy to accommodate them.

Kris Grant became Secretary of Centrals part way thru 1977 - Link . Doug Thomas at West Adelaide was 1977-2006 - Link. I'm surprised by that, as I though Doug got the gig in late 1960's.

why are we wasting Howard's career by playing him in defence?
Take where everyone is with a grain of salt. Lobbe or Frampton may end up being down back with Howard up forward. We don't know.
Lol my sanfl app lists this game as being telecast on channel seven.

Since the port v north game will be televised I have some doubts whether that is right.
It's North Adelaide vs Norwood apparently.

Partland is right about Centrals. They have requested Saturday afternoon games regardless of afl clashes. Also they don't want Port people at their ground. There are plenty of timeslots where the Power do not clash with Saturday afternoon where the Magpies could play them but my information is that Centrals want the clash.

I don't think their president is Grant, I think it is a former major sponsor of their club. I know him and when Choco was coach and talking about afl reserves back then he told me that as soon as that happens the Magpies will be kicked out and all juniors and zones will be lost. The sanfl and its clubs had these conditions from a long time ago.

Still CEO according to their website and probably will be until he's pushing up daisies...

View attachment 392463

Kris Grant has always been a campaigner to deal with and I have had a few over the years during my time Salisbury North.

PA88 are you talking about Tom Zorich? If so, I know Tom has a lot of admiration for Port but unfortunately when it come to matters affecting Centrals he puts up the shutters, as we have seen in the press a few times.

I know Tom personally and he has never said a bad word about Port to me. He knows I support both the Magpies and the Power as we have met at different games. I think he also went to China, most likely to try and expand his business interests which is where he is purely focussed these days. I am not sure if he has a formal role at the doggies these days.

Kris Grant has always been a campaigner to deal with and I have had a few over the years during my time Salisbury North.

PA88 are you talking about Tom Zorich? If so, I know Tom has a lot of admiration for Port but unfortunately when it come to matters affecting Centrals he puts up the shutters, as we have seen in the press a few times.

I know Tom personally and he has never said a bad word about Port to me. He knows I support both the Magpies and the Power as we have met at different games. I think he also went to China, most likely to try and expand his business interests which is where he is purely focussed these days. I am not sure if he has a formal role at the doggies these days.

I know who Zorich is but no I'm not talking about him. The current president is who I refer to and he too is a good guy but both are making decisions to give our club an unfair disadvantage. He once said that they want to destroy Port's culture and he didn’t mean on the football field only.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back