2nds Centrals vs Port Adelaide - Round 18 @ Elizabeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Lycett 8 hitouts, Visentini 18, some central guy McCormack with 28.
I heard McCormack was going to play the bagpipes for the North Gawler drum and fife band today but decided to ditch the tartan kilt and put on the footy boots instead, and then he justified that decision by having two more hit outs than the total of two AFL listed players combined.

Senf**kensational!

Interesting, was expecting it to be a case of having to have played a certain amount of SANFL games during the season regardless of if our seniors are in finals (I'm assuming that's the rule if we weren't though). Good to know, and hopefully we really roll them next week.
Yep and as soon as port are no longer in afl finals it becomes the other rules as well. A higher % of Sanfl season played compared to % of afl. Plus 3 Sanfl games after June 30.

Conceded 8 of the last 9 goals in the final quarter. Not good enough for a team with 14 AFL listed players. Is our fitness not good enough and/or team spirit lacking?

The problem is that most of these young guys are not in the business of playing for that PB jumper as players of the past used to do. The majority of them are interstate recruits who are at Alberton to pursue an AFL career and I doubt that any of these interstaters would have any idea who Fos Williams or Jack Cahill were. It goes further as those coaching them are also imports pursuing AFL success. True believers like us apply the rules of old and are disappointed at what we see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem is that most of these young guys are not in the business of playing for that PB jumper as players of the past used to do. The majority of them are interstate recruits who are at Alberton to pursue an AFL career and I doubt that any of these interstaters would have any idea who Fos Williams or Jack Cahill were. It goes further as those coaching them are also imports pursuing AFL success. True believers like us apply the rules of old and are disappointed at what we see.
Too much was given up for `One Club ' pieman, the snafl bent Port over more than ever before and then went in bone dry on that deal, the top up players usually aren't good enough to make other club's magoos, and on the odd occasion we do unearth a good one other clubs can offer him multiple times more than the PAFC are allowed, and they are gone the next season.

Giving up both zones was a monumental c*ck up, genuine Port Adelaide people are very thin on the ground for the Maggies, and if eg a Russell Ebert mark 2 was born in Queens St Alberton he would now be aligned to the peckers, and if he was born on the west coast he would aligned to *ing Nord, so as you suggest there is no connection between the way the playing list is accumulated now, past champions, or the PB's.

There are obviously younger blokes, eg Ford Fairlane and Ross fc who care, but in the main it's probably the older campaigners like us, Rexie J and Byrons Firen who struggle with the demise of the Maggies, and it wouldn't surprise me greatly if they have lost more games at Alberton since the formation of `One Club' than in the previous 30 plus years!

Embarrassing depth

There isn't a single guy that looks like he'd be anything more than a fill-in type at AFL level.

And then there's the classic PAFC way of defending. When it gets tight zone off and be nowhere near anyone as nobody wants any sort of responsibilty.

Guys look unfit, disinterested and largely non-ompetitive unless everything is going our way. The umpiring was once again at a cheating level but I can't be bothered worrying about that stuff as nobody at the Club will say anything or do anything so if they're cool with it then it's all good.

We desperately need a new fitness crew and new eyes on the list management team.

That's a very uninspiring collection of C graders we got running around out there.
Was there & apart from Q1 it was pretty bad. Other than Marshall didn't see anyone to get slightly excited about.

The jumper is irrelevant. You play to win. Full stop.

Last edited:
Too much was given up for `One Club ' pieman, the snafl bent Port over more than ever before and then went in bone dry on that deal, the top up players usually aren't good enough to make other club's magoos, and on the odd occasion we do unearth a good one other clubs can offer him multiple times more than the PAFC are allowed, and they are gone the next season.

Giving up both zones was a monumental c*ck up, genuine Port Adelaide people are very thin on the ground for the Maggies, and if eg a Russell Ebert mark 2 was born in Queens St Alberton he would now be aligned to the peckers, and if he was born on the west coast he would aligned to *ing Nord, so as you suggest there is no connection between the way the playing list is accumulated now, past champions, or the PB's.

There are obviously younger blokes, eg Ford Fairlane and Ross fc who care, but in the main it's probably the older campaigners like us, Rexie J and Byrons Firen who struggle with the demise of the Maggies, and it wouldn't surprise me greatly if they have lost more games at Alberton since the formation of `One Club' than in the previous 30 plus years!
Pretty much every time I watch the Magpies they look disinterested. The opposition are always keener. This isn't right. One day I will learn & never go again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back