2nds Port Adelaide vs Centrals - Round 9 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Saturday June 10th 1:10pm at Alberton Oval. Streaming on the AFL website/app.

Pending the injury list: For the AFL side, Boak (ribs) and Dixon (quad) should be assessed which could push a couple players down. Jackson could be out due to concussion protocol.

Barkla returns from suspension.

Note: This game is the day after the AFL game so the sub (EG: Bonner) can play.

After another loss we still sit in 7th spot. Just a game and percentage out of the top 5.
1685868391322.png

League Stats Leaders for Port:
Hugh Jackson ranked 1st for Forward 50 Entries.
Nick Moore ranked =3rd for Free Kicks For.
Dante Visentini ranked 5th for Hitouts.
Nick Moore ranked 6th for Tackles.
Sam Hayes ranked =7th for Contested Marks.
Sam Hayes ranked 10th for Hitouts.

Maggies Changes:
IN: Barkla, Burton, Lord
OUT: Jackson (Concussion), Turner, Weidemann

Maggies Side:
F: Visentini - Scully - Szust
HF: Evans - Lord - Fantasia
C: Hagan - Moore - Mead
HB: Burton - K.Marshall - Burgoyne
B: Pasini - Jonas - McCallum
R: Hayes - Dumont - Narkle
INT: Barkla - Short - Francou - Kirk
EMERG: Bonner

A s**t timeslot as no player from this game will be selected off a 4 day break to play Geelong. Otherwise if injuries strike on Friday, they will either only let someone play a half, or will keep someone out altogether. That probably adds to today's s**t slot, where I don't think we will promote anyone on the 5 day break and having played full games for the Dogs. A really shitty segment of the fixture for us .

Jackson appears out with concussion. Possibly Dixon and Boak might push a couple players back into this team. So likely Barkla, Sinn and Lord to drop in, maybe Bonner stays sub. I think Turner will be dropped, Jackson injured, not sure about other axing.

Must win game.

Good, so Turner was dropped. Plus Weed for Lord by the looks. Will be interesting to see if Burton plays. The Thursday game against Geelong means players from this game are coming off a 5 day break if they were to be selected V Geelong, so feel like it'll be hard for anyone to get promoted.

Last edited:

A s**t timeslot as no player from this game will be selected off a 4 day break to play Geelong. Otherwise if injuries strike on Friday, they will either only let someone play a half, or will keep someone out altogether. That probably adds to today's s**t slot, where I don't think we will promote anyone on the 5 day break and having played full games for the Dogs. A really shitty segment of the fixture for us .

Jackson appears out with concussion. Possibly Dixon and Boak might push a couple players back into this team. So likely Barkla, Sinn and Lord to drop in, maybe Bonner stays sub. I think Turner will be dropped, Jackson injured, not sure about other axing.

Must win game.

It's not the SANFL timeslot that is the problem it is the AFL programming a game on Thursday night. I am not sure why the AFL feel the need to programme matches on Thursday night during a split round.

Ryan Burton playing his first PAFC SANFL game tomorrow.

And if the regular skipper is not playing, the acting skip should get #1
Not how it works, otherwise Wines would be wearing 1 for the AFL side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not aware of any injuries from the AFL game.
However, everyone needs to keep their name in lights.

R Burton 3, R Bonner 26, O Lord 30, F Evans 31
All 4 could play.

Narkle or Evans a chance as sub vs Geelong?

Last edited:
Think Narkle is a real chance at sub.

I'm backing Sinn in and giving him another run but Bonner is not someone I want to see as sub. Narkle is a genuine Mid who will find the ball. We need that in a sub.

Dante going well and at some point Lycett is going to need a break the bye is going to be good for Lycett and coming at the right time but he should get another break before finals and there will be a chance for Dante to get a couple of games in Dante has to look ready to go.

Not aware of any injuries from the AFL game.
However, everyone needs to keep their name in lights.

R Burton 3, R Bonner 26, O Lord 30, F Evans 31
All 4 could play.

Narkle or Evans a chance as sub vs Geelong?

Decent side imho.
Bonner came on in the last quarter, so ineligible to play SANFL.

Should be looking at a 5-6 goal win here.
If we get a decent early lead, expect us to rest a couple in the second half in prep for Thursday v Cats.

And if the regular skipper is not playing, the acting skip should get #1
This is not a thing. Players are assigned a number for the season.

Tredders wore #16 as acting captain in the 2004 GF

1686359176356.png

I think it should be a bit the opposite. Tom Jonas is the PAFC Men's captain. If he's playing reserves he's still the club's Captain.

On a different stretch, what happens if Ollie Wines plays SANFL? Are Port Adelaide allowed to have two number 16s in the SANFL?

I think it should be a bit the opposite. Tom Jonas is the PAFC Men's captain. If he's playing reserves he's still the club's Captain.

On a different stretch, what happens if Ollie Wines plays SANFL? Are Port Adelaide allowed to have two number 16s in the SANFL?
Only one player per club is allowed to wear a particular number on the field in a game. If Ollie plays SNAFL and wears #16 and Weidemann is also playing one of them will have to wear an alternate number.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back