2nds Port Adelaide vs Centrals - Round 9 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Narkle is too good for this level, needs to come in for Sinn against his old side Geelong. Good signs from Fanta, Evans solid, Burgoyne good , Jonas solid. All the smalls did their jobs, most of the tall's were poor, thought Hayes looked good when rucking, better then Visentini.
I don't think anyone who played a full game is going to back up on Thursday. Not sure though whether Burton was injured or managed.

I don't think anyone who played a full game is going to back up on Thursday. Not sure though whether Burton was injured or managed.
Didn't seem to be injured so I suspect managed so he can be used Thursday night if required. Never put the tracksuit on.

Really like Burgoynes form lately. He's starting to use his pace, break lines and really push for the next level. Should've probably been ahead of Sinn for AFL selection. Great problem to have for our depth having him in the SANFL.

Narkle clearly should be playing in our AFL squad. He's probably the smartest mid season pick we've made so far. Clearly suits our style. Pace, ball use, can win his ball. I'd expect he's playing as sub next week in the AFL, if not, he should be at least sub by our Essendon game.

I thought Hayes was really good in what I saw.

Burton's had 21 in 2.5 quarters. Looks like he was iced up and rested to play Thursday. Should come back in for Sinn.

Jonas is too good for the level and played well.

Had Fantasia kicked straight that could've been an epic afternoon.

Overall great signs for us when we're winning at AFL level and we have Jonas, Burton, Burgoyne, Narkle, Fantasia, Evans, Mead, Hayes, Lord in the SANFL, plus Duursma & Georgiades injured.

Fantasia is obviously way too good for the SANFL but that's not why he's playing at this level ...
Just needs to keep playing SANFL for a few more weeks. Needs confidence in his body over a decent period of games before coming back. You never know, maybe he can get his body right and be a huge wild card for us come finals. When fit he’s one of the best small forwards in the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was walking freely to the bench at three quarter time. I think they got the plastic ice blocks out later for the cameras. ;) View attachment 1708887
I was at the ground so didn't see him iced up on TV. He seemed to be walking around fine after the game as well as three quarter time.

Funny how its impossible to beat a team with AFL players yet we sit 6th on the ladder and the Tingles sit third. I guess Sturt and Glenelg must have somehow got even more AFL players on their lists?
Yep and either port or cows has won the flag every year since 2014. 🤔

Megan Narkle has been good. I'd be giving him the (Sinn/ Bonner) wing spot. Quick and clean

Negan'd Markle?

MV5BMDc3MDc5YTUtNjZjMS00NzIzLThlOTMtYTVjMDEzZWMzZGZiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA4NDkyMzIx._V1_.jpg
1686390131524.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back