2nds Port Adelaide vs Centrals - Round 9 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantasia suggested we won’t be seeing him in the AFL side for a while - still has not got the body right.
I heard somewhere, maybe on this board, that Fantasia cannot play with niggles hence him constantly missing games. Not sure if true, but it may explain his constant missing of games. Not bagging the guy however.

All I remember is that Brett Eddy blew that piss easy match winner V Sturt.

Won’t repeat what others have said re who played well.

Macallum is starting to look better and I think will come on. I suspect having Jonas in the side to provide some leadership will really help him.

Marshall is very raw still and less sure he’ll make it. Needs some structure around him and good coaching. Once again Jonas may help him improve. Wonder if he is tiring also.

Scully has some natural forward traits and seems to get to the right spots, just didn’t clunk any marks.

Dante’s aggression is great but feel like his ruck work still leaves a lot to be desired.

Barkla needs more time to develop but showed a copy of things of quality.

Lord looked tired to me and didn’t smash it like I thought he would.

Pasini I thought had a poor one. Lost his position and got caught out a few times. Maybe struggle with Jonas taking his spot/role?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won’t repeat what others have said re who played well.

Macallum is starting to look better and I think will come on. I suspect having Jonas in the side to provide some leadership will really help him.

Marshall is very raw still and less sure he’ll make it. Needs some structure around him and good coaching. Once again Jonas may help him improve. Wonder if he is tiring also.

Scully has some natural forward traits and seems to get to the right spots, just didn’t clunk any marks.

Dante’s aggression is great but feel like his ruck work still leaves a lot to be desired.

Barkla needs more time to develop but showed a copy of things of quality.

Lord looked tired to me and didn’t smash it like I thought he would.

Pasini I thought had a poor one. Lost his position and got caught out a few times. Maybe struggle with Jonas taking his spot/role?
I was really hoping zlord would go back super confident and dominate

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Imagine the free kick discrepancy if we somehow make a GF against someone other than the Crows.

In fact imagine the SANFL melts if it's a Port Crows GF.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
It would be the best way for us both to send off the SANFL. Would get a massive crowd (way biggger tag the normal sanfl gf) and then it’s yeah nah we’re done with this bush league.

It would be the best way for us both to send off the SANFL. Would get a massive crowd (way biggger tag the normal sanfl gf) and then it’s yeah nah we’re done with this bush league.

Won't happen. We will be umpired out of finals contention by the sanfl they simply will not allow themselves to be made to look irrelevant. ( OK more irrelevant)

Just quietly I don't mind. Sanfl standard is barely better than amateur league and public interest in the competition reflects that.

As far as Port go it's a development squad.

If we get a fair run with the umps we win that game by 60+. Way, way better than the opposition. Easily the best the SANFL team has looked since probably 2019.

The best I've seen Fantasia since that qualifying final in 2021. I'm not sure f he just had a day out of the box or he finally has some confidence in his body, but if he can stay at that level or close he will get a go at AFL level sooner rather than later.

Jonas was also much better than he has looked previously. Hard and tough, took care of some high balls and used the ball well. He isn't pushing anyone out of the AFL side for me but if he is required I think he comes in and does a role.

Narkle is just too good for sanfl but equally there is no spot for him at AFL level pending injury or management.

And then there were half a dozen guys who performed really well and wouldn't look out of place in the firsts.

Height in defence concerns me. Clurey was a gun back there and now that he is injured it is dire. Pasini is really, really far back. Can't compete at the moment and can't stick to a man. And Marshall and McCallum are young.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back