2nds Port Adelaide vs Centrals - Round 9 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Narkle is just too good for sanfl but equally there is no spot for him at AFL level pending injury or management.

And then there were half a dozen guys who performed really well and wouldn't look out of place in the firsts.

Height in defence concerns me. Clurey was a gun back there and now that he is injured it is dire. Pasini is really, really far back. Can't compete at the moment and can't stick to a man. And Marshall and McCallum are young.
Really? He is ahead of Sinn at this point, and miles ahead of Bonner IMO

Really? He is ahead of Sinn at this point, and miles ahead of Bonner IMO
He isn't a wingman. The skills and traits required to play wing are very different to being a centre square midfielder. Bonner is running 15ks a game at high speed and most players can't just step into that role.

And I think Bonner has actually been much better than people have given him credit for anyway. It's a different proposition dominating against Central Districts than it is lining up on Macrae or Jack Graham. He is holding his own.

Sinn probably also is not ready to play wing but they clearly see him as a long term player and feel the need to give him games.

He isn't a wingman. The skills and traits required to play wing are very different to being a centre square midfielder. Bonner is running 15ks a game at high speed and most players can't just step into that role.

And I think Bonner has actually been much better than people have given him credit for anyway. It's a different proposition dominating against Central Districts than it is lining up on Macrae or Jack Graham. He is holding his own.

Sinn probably also is not ready to play wing but they clearly see him as a long term player and feel the need to give him games.
I would be very happy to see Burton back in, and Narkle as sub. Sinn needs more time to percolate, and IMO Bonner is now depth only.

I thought I read on here that Narkle has played wing all year for Essendon VFL and impressed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back