2nds Centrals vs Port Adelaide - Elimination Final @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Scully is so slight, can't blame him for lack of presence this early in his career. Could argue that they could have worked to put more weight on him.

Teakle, how many simple marks did he drop? In perfect position to pluck a virtually uncontested mark in front of goals a couple of times and he grassed them both.

Time to accept the long clear reality that the Sanfl team is just our version of the AFL ressies, its sole role is to prepare , develop, condition players in readiness for the league. Probably best to move to a national reserves comp rather then keep up with the pretence of the glory Maggies days. Its just a source of frustration for those of us who try to hang on and probably hinders the club as a whole playing to compromised rules and conditions.

We know they are reserves but they are still under-performing. Either the list is s**t or the club & it's coaches are not performing.

You kid but I'm tired of the SANFL senior coaching role being used as an entry level job from a recently retired player to become a line assistant.

it is depressing but I fear this will be the model for the reserves system that will inevitably come in. they don't let us compete properly in the league as it is, the list model is also structured more like a reserves set up. it would be good for both parties if us and the clowns didn't compete in the SANFL. in our case it just handicaps us to more of a boys vs men scenario.

Scully is so slight, can't blame him for lack of presence this early in his career. Could argue that they could have worked to put more weight on him.

Teakle, how many simple marks did he drop? In perfect position to pluck a virtually uncontested mark in front of goals a couple of times and he grassed them both.
Teakle he literally cost us a game at Noarlunga dropping simple uncontested marks late in the last quarter, he is 24 next month made his senior debut 5 years ago. What the * are they thinking!!!

Hey, ease up you lot, Goldsack is now totally free to continue playing for Moonta without the stress of snafl stuff.;)

Moonta being the reigning premiers and belting all other teams so I guess a premiership is in the offing.

Sutcliffe, one year too long as captain. I wonder what Luke Dunstan is doing next year?
Recovering from an ACL he suffered last week.

Quite possibly still a better option than Sutcliffe though.

Our obsession with mediocrity knows no end.
Surely you could pick a kid of the street to replace the likes of Suttcliffe surely. All he would need to do is run catch and kick and he would be head and shoulders above him.
PAFC is hinkleys boys club, imo the mindlessness stinks.

After tound 1 i thought we’d be lucky to win a game. We made finals. Eh. Is what it is

That does not mean we should accept losing what we should have won. Granted, the first couple of games were not good and we were in wooden spoon territory but the early losses had no bearing on today's result. Yet another finals fade out is what it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our defense was shocking today. Some terrible efforts. Every time they got down there they scored or looked to score. If Jonas was able to play today we would have won by 4 goals.

Rules are downright cheating but we've been scraping wins this season just like the afl side. Far from convincing.
We would have found a way to lose if we fielded 21 AFL listed players.
Waiting for the inevitable positive spin doctoring of this disaster to be painted as another sucess story 😡☹️👎

One thing that confuses me about our sanfl team is a bunch of afl listed players constantly get overrun in the last quarter against a bunch of amateurs. How can centrals be fitter than us, it’s ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Just to highlight our complete inability to overrun sides, the Cows were trailing Sturt at every break by 4 or 5 goals they then kick the first 5 goals of the last quarter to win the game, where the * is our fitness structure intensity etc?
(Last week Centrals kicked 8 goals in the last quarter to overrun us still we don’t learn)

Recovering from an ACL he suffered last week.

Quite possibly still a better option than Sutcliffe though.
Sutcliffe was fubbly today and lacks mobility. I think we should look elsewhere for Magies captain. I was thinking Dumont would be good but he didn't inspire much confidence today. Nick Moore is the only guy with anything approaching the desperate effort I associate with the Magpies jumper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back