Universal Love Chad Wingard - thanks for the memories

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not in on 'the know' but my hunch is Ken Bassett Voss and Chad "have you seen my muscles" Cornes
have left their fingerprints all over this cluster glory be.
Listening to Polly politely tip toeing around gameplan being out of sync with the playing list
and Chad talking of a new phase in his journey to be a better player is nauseating.
Join these dot points and you end up squarely at the feet of our coaches.
What a coincidence they're out of town.

Chad didn't pull his finger out, could have been better than he already was, stubborn even petulant
oh and he was gunna piss off next year (insert furrowed brow and knowing nods).
So a rare gifted player is lost to us coz he was different and our coaches found it all too difficult.

S'pose it's that time again where we've got to let it go.... you know move on.
If our recent history is any guide 2019 will be another underwhelming year but hey it's a brutal comp.

Thanks for the memories Chad. Whatever the truth be happy, you deserve it.

chadwingardmichaelvoss.jpg

teaching a young bloke to be tough by making him feel like a bitch when you've got 30 kilos on him.jpg

chadwingardmichaelvoss.jpg

teaching a young bloke to be tough by making him feel like a bitch when you've got 30 kilos on him.jpg
I've never met Voss but I reckon a little of him would go a long way.
Does the ready smile and chirpy demeanour hide a bully inside.
I remember very soon after he arrived he had Ollie pinned on the ground with his forearm
across Ollie's jaw. Like Cornes strutting around shirtless probably trying to be king of the weights room
these guys need to remember their job is not to be one of the boys.
Ken blurs the line as well with the 'youse me boyz' stuff.
All ^ can easily lead to picking favourites and not just on Thursday nights.

Probably wrong on all counts but it's what I wonder sometimes.

I remember very soon after he arrived he had Ollie pinned on the ground with his forearm
across Ollie's jaw. Like Cornes strutting around shirtless probably trying to be king of the weights room

If you listen to Ollie, he credits Voss with making him a better footballer, (not so much a better kick) by teaching him about body positioning, where to run and where to direct others.

If you listen to Ollie, he credits Voss with making him a better footballer, (not so much a better kick) by teaching him about body positioning, where to run and where to direct others.
When Chad said part of the reason for choosing Hawthorn was to be a better player I went mmm.
Got to say under KH we don't seem to value add our players who leave. I won't name names
but an ex player of ours told me i'd be shocked how little was done on skills development
since Choco left. If Ollie credits Voss then that's great but frankly that's his job.

What I was getting at was just coach the players to be better and leave it at that.

Which is cool and all, but Ollie's never played better football than he did in the rarified atmosphere of the 2014 finals series.

I'd take that Wines over the one we have now all day and thrice on Sundays.

Which is cool and all, but Ollie's never played better football than he did in the rarified atmosphere of the 2014 finals series.

I'd take that Wines over the one we have now all day and thrice on Sundays.

He’ll be back. That’s one thing I’m not pessimistic about at the moment.

He’ll be back. That’s one thing I’m not pessimistic about at the moment.

Yeah, in a gameplan and style that doesn't reduce him to 4 goals on the year, and leaves him on the bench to play the equivalent of one less quarter than his rivals in a game as big as a Showdown (L A C H I E W E L L E R levels of competence, that), he should be fine.

I just don't buy Michael Voss being a net positive over any alternative let alone his storied predecessor, at all.

If he left to open a Got One in Logan without telling anyone, I reckon we'd get 3 weeks into preseason before anyone thought to ask where he was.

No need to be rude. I was just curious if we would get any son of his as a father son. Sheesh.
Then why even quote my comment about life membership? Why not ask a well written question about it as a stand alone post? I can't read your mind.

You have been on here long enough and contributed enough times to the father son prospect thread to know that the rule is 100 games, and that Chad has played nearly 150 games for the club.

Then why even quote my comment about life membership? Why not ask a well written question about it as a stand alone post? I can't read your mind.

You have been on here long enough and contributed enough times to the father son prospect thread to know that the rule is 100 games, and that Chad has played nearly 150 games for the club.
The last line would have sufficed thank you

When Chad said part of the reason for choosing Hawthorn was to be a better player I went mmm.
Got to say under KH we don't seem to value add our players who leave. I won't name names
but an ex player of ours told me i'd be shocked how little was done on skills development
since Choco left. If Ollie credits Voss then that's great but frankly that's his job.

What I was getting at was just coach the players to be better and leave it at that.
Not shocked at all. I watch them play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully we are both wrong with our opinions on Voss and C Cornes, and I agree that a little of the former would probably go a long way, but it was the Chad's poseur pout in that family snap with his nephews that was put up on the site a few weeks back that left me a little cold, and personally I am at the stage where I would be a lot happier if Alberton was a Cornes free zone.

I am at the stage where I would be a lot happier if Alberton was a Cornes free zone.
I always wondered if we drafted the Cornes boys to shut Gra Gra up.
It didn't work and Kane n Chad were good players so maybe I was wondering wrong

then again

What a stupid turn of events. Chad comes across as a mature young man who has had trouble getting motivated for the last year or so.
PAFC jumped at shadows. What a mess.

Chad hasn't enjoyed his footy over the past couple of seasons. Gee, wonder why. Monumental failure of the club to allow for such a soul destroying gameplan to be implemented in 2017 and become more soul destroying in 2018. What a ******* disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back