Croweater

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2013
Somewhere
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt FC, Arsenal FC,
Ah, I've drawn you in with an annoying misleading title.

Which coincidentally leads me to my next point.

Some of you are probably having your morning cup of coffee, getting ready to flip to the back pages of the 'Tiser and when you do, you'll inevitably start to choke on your slice of toast.

The headline "WIN-GUARD" is cleverly* written in big bold letters on the back page, followed by a story about how other clubs want to sign him.

Really? Other clubs are interested in one of the best young players in the competition? Surely not!

Anyway, this is yet another bullshit article written up by half-witted "journalists" who are trying to sell a story yet have no idea about anything.

In the article, Jesper Fjeldstad** states that Hawthorn were able to land players like McEvoy, Gibson and Burgoyne as if their situations were the same as Chad's. McEvoy left a rapidly declining St. Kilda to join a team who'd just won the premiership, to become their number one ruck and do so on some pretty solid coin. Burgoyne realised that Port was declining and wanted a change. And Gibson played for Norf (speaks for itself).

Wingard's situation is different. Port Adelaide could become the next Geelong (note that I said 'could', not 'will') and success is likely to come in the next few years.

I do know Chad, and aside from the prospect of team success, he is very happy in Adelaide. He recently bought a new house in Adelaide, he is still in relative proximity to his family and he loves his teammates.

I would be shocked if he left. I'm very confident he'll stay. If you aren't, just watch the hypnosis video where he's almost crying about the thought of leaving!

The online form of the article is posted below.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...-and-other-clubs/story-fnia6ojc-1227007736459

*The use of "WIN-GUARD" as a headline is truly spectacular. They have to "win" his signature and "guard" him from other teams! Brilliant stuff by the brainiacs on Waymouth Street. It's even the correct way to spell his surname!

**Hey Jesper, maybe it's time to try your hand at something else. I hear there are a few positions available at a large furniture shop near the airport***

***Disclaimer: A Scandinavian joke isn't racist, it's ethnicist. Like how apparently all Australians have a pet Kangaroo****

****Stupid Americans*****

*****Refer to point 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back