Change vs Melb

Remove this Banner Ad

We had a 13 goal win, I'm not seeing a lot of changes.

Out: Knights (sob)
In: Lids/Lennon/Cellis/McDonough - listed in order of preference, especially as I'm not sure Cellis is up to a game yet after interupted pre season. We can afford to give Lids another week off if he's not 100% (maybe half a game in the magoos)

Need to perform:
Morris - love his energy/pressure, but not sure it's enough to makeup for the liability his skills represent.
Gordon - Played Lloyds role last night, but not as well, for me he's either a run all day wingman or nothing, and for that he's behind Bellis & McIntosh.
Newman - Last night was probably his best game in a while, but it was one that convinced me it time to go and 'guide the reserves'. His best just isn't damaging enough, so unless he's providing an awful lot of the 'unseen' benefits (leadership, on field direction/general, etc), it's getting very close to time.

Can Lennon defend/compete/run better than Batch?

Batch is definitely better at defending and competing in the one on one. This was purely in regards to match ups. With Kent being their most likely opponent. I believe Lennon would be accountable enough to keep Kent quiet. While providing creativeness off half back as well as exceptional skills in regards to kicking, which I believe we are desperately lacking out of the back half. In regards to run out the back half, i'd say Lennon has the ability to be better in that regard. However, depends how well he transitions from VFL level to AFL level. I'd prefer batch in most games, when the opposition have that dangerous medium forward like Hawthorn and the dogs, ect. This game just seems the perfect fit for Lennon. In saying that, most likely won't happen as you want a stable lineup.

Roos geniunely doesnt think much of our club and will have his players breathing fire for this game.

What makes you say that about Roos? His comments on the couch over the years.

Wasn't he a Carlton supporter as a kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lennon slow as treacle
yep id have lids and foley both in if ready to go, the more speed the better, lennon, maddonna remind me of delicious mangos sitting in a tree, they look good and are good just not ready to be picked yet, we need a well drilled and pacy team to carve up the dees, Roos is gunna try and turn this game into a scrapfest. of very ugly proportions.

A game like the Doggies or Norf coming up.
Will pile on the pressure.
Roos geniunely doesnt think much of our club and will have his players breathing fire for this game.
And Jack Watts will blitz.....

Never said a positive thing about us and reckons we easy p

Last year the Dees were not a very good side but blew us off the park like Doggies,Norf do regardless of ladder position.
Great win last night and I really hope we lift to another notch this week.

So are you. But its about creativeness and difference maker. Foley is not that Lennon is.
disagree and no disrepect to you or lennon, but foley has been working like crazy on his eye/hand skills and is now dynamite with ball in hand,

early in his career he would blaze and shovel the ball out anywhere, these days he is usually brilliant with the speed of lightening.

his main problem is getting good quality game time as with all his stop starts due to niggles he is using it beautifully just not getting that high possession rate we were used too.

with the crap luck to knights is having, lets hope lady luck can help axel get a good crack at it.

disagree and no disrepect to you or lennon, but foley has been working like crazy on his eye/hand skills and is now dynamite with ball in hand,

early in his career he would blaze and shovel the ball out anywhere, these days he is usually brilliant with the speed of lightening.

his main problem is getting good quality game time as with all his stop starts due to niggles he is using it beautifully just not getting that high possession rate we were used too.

with the crap luck to knights is having, lets hope lady luck can help axel get a good crack at it.

While its neither here nor there Foley is done as best 22 and really has been for 2 years (Along with Newman). He has lost his pace and his best position is an in and under player. He is behind Cotchin and Miles for that position, plus doesn't have the flexibility of Edwards, Martin, Lids, Vlastuin, Conca, Grigg, McIntosh and Ellis to play in other spots while moving into the stoppages when required.

The problem last week is we replaced our best two line breaking creative high half forwards with Petterd a great mark but workman like player and lambert a first game player yet to really cement himself at this level.

This week we got Edwards back and it showed how much we missed that line breaking ability and unpredictability.

Lennon is a very clever player especially up forward, is very good over head and provides a lot more flexibility and point of difference to Foley. He is also extremely creative by foot and as he plays more people will notice by hand.

Anyway hopefully lids is back.

Out: Knights
In: Lids/Lennon/McDonough or dare I say it Vickery?

I personally dont rate the 3 tall attack but I can see this game as a chance to trial it.
Yeah we have had the wood on Melbourne so a good game to try things, we are a great side and can rest our guns against the minnows

I really wanna see Jack/Griff/Vickery in the same side. Just not sure who goes out for Vickery.

Hopefully Lids is right and comes in for Knights. If not, Foley in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back