Preview Changes for the Elimination Final vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

The poster said he would be a late out on the Thursday.

Im calling BS. We would have some inkling if there was any such player struggling with a stress fracture.
Rules out NN at least. Also, a stress fracture is a pretty big injury, surely someone would know something. Players going in for scans or someone walking around in a moon boot is hard to miss. I’d say we’d know well before Thursday if it’s true.

Who are it was wouldn't have been able to play the whole game out or would have been severely restricted. Based on that bit could be Hurn or Darling. I'd say Darling is unlikely as it was more likely to cork that impeded him.

Losing Hurn would hurt but wouldn't derail us completely given how decent Rotham has been.

Who are it was wouldn't have been able to play the whole game out or would have been severely restricted. Based on that bit could be Hurn or Darling. I'd say Darling is unlikely as it was more likely to cork that impeded him.

Losing Hurn would hurt but wouldn't derail us completely given how decent Rotham has been.

Could be TB?

Doubt Hurn as it was his hammy and Darling had a massive bruise on his leg from the corkie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eh if we make it too the prelim and lose, while disappointed, I would not think it was a wasted season.

So long as we remain in finals contention nearly every year and finishing top 4 then thats something I am ok with. I'm aware that it is near impossible in this day and age to go back to back

Yeah if its anyone its Kennedy.

Not concerned. Im expecting us to beat Essendon then get done like dinner the next week at the 'G anyway.

Kennedy did have a leg fracture last year before last years qualifying final against Collingwood. His body has been battered and bruised the last few years. Won't be surprised if he retires next year.

Better yet, in the unlikely event that we go all the way, that will be a good time to go out like Mark LeCras last year

Not taking this game for granted either!?
Anything can happen and probably will!
The Wooshing Bombers to give it a red hot crack!
Who knows which Eagles will rock up,
but like, hey, go the Eagles!
(that's called fatalism with a dash of optimism, like a cherry on top?)

Last edited:
So long as we remain in finals contention nearly every year and finishing top 4 then thats something I am ok with. I'm aware that it is near impossible in this day and age to go back to back
Think we missed a big opportunity to do it this year. Don’t think there’s many that can go with us, talent wise, on our day. It’s all between the ears. Between us and Richmond (largely due to the MCG), one of us had the potential to go B2B over the last few years but possibly got a little ahead of ourselves.

Also, I don’t think it’s any coincidence that all of this has come from one place. Simmo, Mitchell, Fagan, Hodge, Hardwick, even Beveridge has been able to win a flag, have a hangover and have the Dogs playing pretty good footy again. They all know what it takes to win.

If someone had a stress fracture and was out for the season the club would surely just announce it and move on. Unless they are waiting until the Essendon squad is already here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back