Preview Changes for the Giants game

Remove this Banner Ad

I got an email today from someone a volunteer at Norwood. He reckoned Walker was playing for them.

Probably a decision had to be made between the two, and they chose Walker hoping he kicks a bag to get back into some form?

Well Norwood has the bye this week in the SANFL so I think someone is pulling your leg.

And as Norwood has the bye, it would have been stupid to drop Walker anyway

Well Norwood has the bye this week in the SANFL so I think someone is pulling your leg.

And as Norwood has the bye, it would have been stupid to drop Walker anyway

****..........gonna kill that bloke:eek:.

Its funny, had a nagging feeling not to believe him. Asked earlier on in this thread if anyone else heard of this.

Just a theroy on the Lynch out. Think his choice as sub might be due to structure. Idea is he lacks pace along with some of our other fwds to dangerous to play all three of the big blokes without pace from the get go. So we sub him on when everyone is tired and running at his pace anyway. Problem is he needs a full game so instead of dropping walker/tippet to give him a full game we let him go back to the 2s to get some more match fitness.

That or sando doesn't like redheads and Jacobs is just lucky we don't have another genuine no1 ruck.

Lynch was dropped because he isn't lightning fast. Of course Walker was challenging Usain Bolt when we traded for the ranga. Is this the worst treatment of a youing kid in the history of the Crows? He is played in the fluorescent green all preseason but continues to make an impact every time he comes on. So he is the substitute in game one, gets a short run and has 7 possessions and a goal. So he starts as the sub in game 2, Douglas jags a hammy and in 3 quarters Lynchy gets 17 posessions and 2 goals. So FINALLY he starts last week, kicks 2 goals to half time and is subbed off and dropped.

Let's hope he isn't easily disheartened.

Then there's Kerridge, given limited time in the MMC and looks great but he overlooked for a 29 year old rookie. Finally makes the 22, is used as the sub, comes on when we're getting hammered.................so back to the SANFL for you son.

Nice work.

Happy to see Shaw FINALLY get a start (please don't play him as a sub), but he should have been in there three weeks ago.

Nuff said.

Gee Lynch is stiff. Then again, he's a ranga, so would be well used to being treated with contempt.

Great to see Shaw get his debut and Jaensch come back in. They both should have played round 1 as far as I'm concerned.

I like the changes fwiw.

Lynch has been okay without being great, bit stiff, but happy with the smack in.

The starting sub will be interesting. Wouldnt mind it being a Thompson or Vince or someone just to give them a bit of a rest.

Shaw named in the back pocket, NOT on the bench which is usually a good sign.

Not always a given that someone on the bench will be the sub - Lynch was named on the ground in Round 1 & ended up being the sub.. but I don't think Shaw will be the sub... I hope not anyway.. whenever I try to pick the sub, I never get a right... :eek:

B: Shaw, Rutten, Martin
HB: Reilly, Talia, Smith

I like the look of the defence, but i notice we've got 4 guys in the back 6 with less than 20 games. Really hoping for a great debut from Shaw, I want to see his speed.

C: van Berlo, Dangerfield, Mackay

Centre, it's okay. Is it weird that Dangerfield has played more games than Mackay? It feels weird. Time for them both to step up.

HF: Vince, Walker, Petrenko

That could be the laziest half-forward line of all time. I don't mind the Vince-to-halfback idea someone floated as a thread, but I wonder if it would simply show him up as lazy, or give him a great way to get into the game early. Needs to bring back the pre-season form. Walker, flip a coin and see which one we get this week. And Petrenko, c'mon mate your theatrics are fun but you also have to get your hands on the ball.

F: Porplyzia, Tippett, Callinan

I really like that full-forward line, except Porps isn't himself yet, and Tippett can't kick when he's given the chance to think about it. Callinan I think if he can have a four quarter presence, would be a Rising Star Nominee:cool:.

R: Jacobs, S. Thompson, Sloane

Thank Carlton for your dumbness, we'll take Jacobs. Thompson, keep going mate. Sloane had an uncharacteristic bad game last week, but he's only on 36 games - a little more than half Dangerfield, and I'd argue outperforming him in consistency.

Int: Doughty, Jaensch, McKernan, Wright

Doughty, fine. Many will be happy to see Jaensch, hopefully he's addressed whatever it was that kept him out previously. McKernan, I understand as a structure, not sure he'd done much in the SANFL but personally am excited to see what Jenkins can do (not sure how he's doing locally). Wright I think rewards good form, which is fine with me.

Emerg: Henderson, Knights, Symes

Henderson was in the team and outed by injury, couldn't make it straight back in says to me he was close to being dropped. Knights, have been reading on here he hasn't done much so surprised to see him named ahead of Symes, who no one here rates but has been tearing it up?

Out: Johncock (corked thigh), Kerridge, Lynch, Otten

Johncock - very disappointed with his season so far, is it the kind of corked thigh you get when you're dropped and saved the embarrassment?
Kerridge - thrown to the wolves, very very disappointed that he didn't get a second game against ...easier opposition, to "run him in" and give him a taste.
Lynch - has done nothing wrong other than flash in and out of games a bit - not alone there - but when he has flashed in has made it count, very disappointed he's gone. Structure.
Otten - very disap... sucked so far, a glimpse here and there of his talent but needs to run himself back in also.

I give the selection panel 7 out of 10. Could have been 8 if Kerridge or Lynch were kept (probably for Jaensch or Wright)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sando gets 10/10 from me if Doughty is the sub :thumbsu:

Seconded. :thumbsu:

This is exactly the type of game that an ageing soldier such as Doughty should sit it out as the sub for 3 quarters and allow the younger players to taste a good kill if the right effort is put in.

As for the ins and outs, it's impossible to argue with them really.

Johncock DOES have a corky - could have played if it was a GF but this game is at the opposite end of the spectrum. The rest will freshen him up as well. Jaensch is the logical selection having played down back in the NAB cup series and being in very good form.

Shaw had to replace Otten this week. He played well in the NAB cup and his form has been white-hot in the Snaffle, whereas Otten has been playing without confidence. He needs to drop back to get his act together again.

Wright for Kerridge was absolutely a correct call IMO. Kerridge is not being dropped as he wasn't a selection last week in the first place. He was the only one of the emergencies that hadn't played already given that his team had the bye, which is why he filled the vacancy when Henderson dropped out. 3 handballs in one and a half quarters does not say "pick me", and Wright already has shown in his short career that he is very much up to this standard.

Lynch was a little bit stiff - granted. But given the holistic view that Sanderson is taking that Tippett, who is in great form, should stay at CHF virtually the whole game to capitalise on that form. This meant that McKernan had to come in as the 3rd tall forward and relief ruck, which meant that Lynch was, unfortunately for him, the one that had to give way. He'll be back though down the track IMO, as he does offer something up forward.

Yep. Happy with all the 4 ins and outs, and Doughty as the sub would be the icing on the cake for me. :) :thumbsu:

Seconded. :thumbsu:

This is exactly the type of game that an ageing soldier such as Doughty should sit it out as the sub for 3 quarters and allow the younger players to taste a good kill if the right effort is put in.

So why play him at all?

Kerridge in for 1 game and then straight out for the next. We really do have a strange way of developing young talent. You can sort of see why some interstaters might not feel they need to show loyalty when their contract is up for renewal.

It was either Lynch or Walker. Walker has the runs on the board and apart from the weekend he's been good. I think structurally we are better with Smack in, but from a personnel stand point Lynch>>Smack.
Basically how I see it. Still see Lynch playing at least 15 games or more this season if injury doesn't hit him. Jaensch or Wright will be the sub I'd reckon, Shaw definitely won't be as he is more of a key back man.

he wasn't mean to play, got a taste and will be back.

I'm sure most of these guys have stronger backbones than some posters on here.

If Kerridge was in any of about 15 other clubs he would have played in round 1. Are we trying to set the record for playing the lowest number of teenagers in the competition? So far we are leading by a mile.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back