Opinion Changes R22 v Adelaide at Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide is a better clearance team than us and we really need to lift. They're a completely different team to the one we played last. It won't be as easy this time around.
In what way?

It's Wright & Ellis-Yolmen out for Sloane and one of Atkins, Otten, Lyons & Grigg. So, one very good improvement the way I see it. Obviously they get the HFA now and less of the Walsh stuff playing on their minds now which helps too.

I am unconvinced about their form though. They can win for sure - but it's funny how when we've beaten no one of note no one rates us, then when Adelaide does it they're on a roll. The Bulldogs were thinking the same thing after their Melbourne win and then we cut them down to size and lopped a few extra inches off for good measure.

So....we ARE versing the Crows this week?? o_O

sheldon-irrelevant-o.gif

If Gov comes back this week and does his hammy again Simpson would have undone a lot of his good work this year, it makes no sense not to be ultra conservative. One more hiccup for Gov now could cost us the premiership...

If Gov comes back this week and does his hammy again Simpson would have undone a lot of his good work this year, it makes no sense not to be ultra conservative. One more hiccup for Gov now could cost us the premiership...
You have to take at face value what the club said: he was ready last week and they gave him an extra week.

If it's so bad that it's going to keep going, I'd rather find out now than in the finals. Otherwise if it's OK, there's no reason not to play him.

I don't see what our answer is to Tex Walker. If our entire team was fit, my top 3 defenders in order to play on him would be McKenzie>Brown>Schofield. Of course, they are all injured.

Tommy B would get eaten alive by Tex I'd have thought. I'd probably throw McGovern on him, tell him to play in front, and tell Bunga to drop into the hole at every opportunity. Tom can take Jenkins and hopefully only give up 2-3. Sheppard I am confident will take care of Lynch.

I don't see what our answer is to Tex Walker. If our entire team was fit, my top 3 defenders in order to play on him would be McKenzie>Brown>Schofield. Of course, they are all injured.

Tommy B would get eaten alive by Tex I'd have thought. I'd probably throw McGovern on him, tell him to play in front, and tell Bunga to drop into the hole at every opportunity. Tom can take Jenkins and hopefully only give up 2-3. Sheppard I am confident will take care of Lynch.

It seemed like Tex got a few cheap ones over the back last time. He pushed up hard then sprinted back. But they also eliminated Gov from the equation by switching quickly through the corridor at half forward once Gov was coming up the ground for an intercept.

I think we need someone to stay back in the hole as a last resort but that may go against our rolling defence and open up other holes.

What about if he misses this week and plays next week and does his hammy again? Surely one would think they would not take any risk with him. He must be right to go, there is no way they would play him if he is not right.
The difference will always be that you can't simulate a game intensity in training so one never knows until he plays. Don't think it is Simpsons call anyway, not sure he has much say in deciding if a player is fit.

Kinda worried with all this focus on dealing with Adelaide's tall 3 that Betts and Cameron become more dangerous, especially with Wellingham out. If I recall correctly, he towelled Betts up at Subi last time through, so much that Betts spent most of the game waiting out the back for the 'slingshot' kicks over our last defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way I see it, West Coast will bring Barrass in because we're going to need Yeo to spend more time in the midfield. Unless of course Simpson is going to simply use Yeo in Wellingham's role.

So Barrass is in but not the Gov?

Good changes.

Big job for T-Barrass on Jenkins or Walker.
Expect Hurn to play on Walker for a lot of the game. Walker is 192 and very physical so Hurn should be OK. Walker has a big tank on him as well so Shannon will need some cover on him if he is to line up on Walker.

Jenkins is the tallest at 198, hence Gov at 192 (but plays taller) is the obvious choice on Jenkins but Barrass at 194 would be a decent line up as well.

We should all have faith in the team defence by now!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back