Prediction Changes Round 18 vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think the actions suggest it's more likely he's a coddler. They entered one season unfit, another underdone, and he rarely drops the big names.

As a society, we're going down this root of empathy, feelings, and inclusions. It's 180 degrees from what anyone who is Gen X and older experienced and witnessed through childhood. Think about the world we built. We didn't have organised sport 150 years ago. The world was dirt poor and struggling to survive. We didn't build what we have with empathy and inclusion.

I'm not saying go back and be Barassi and scream at players to "get a dog up 'ya and stop being a little pufta", I'm just saying strong people don't accept weakness and anyone being weak for a noticeable amount of time doesn't play. Remember the days when a top 18 player had some skinfolds and the coach would say, "we know you're easily best 18, but all the other players, no matter their ranking are bringing 100%. You have skin folds and you're only bringing 80% of what you have, you're letting everyone else down. You're out of the team".

Simmo isn't doing that stuff.
I remember when Robert Walls made Shane Strempel fight the entire squad at Brisbane, them were the days.

Hi all. I was just wondering if someone could provide information on Chesser's role?

Looking at his heat-map from last week, it appears he is on a wing. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to watch the game.

match-120381701-1017057.png

Yep, like I said yesterday, I'll believe Gaff'll be dropped when I see it. The credits never run out at the Bank of Simmo
Well, the only other options are players already not up to it, or players returning from a long lay-off IA the WAFL, who will also be on managed minutes.

So bench is Gaff, Hewett, SPS, LEdwards, Petch, Witherden, Bazzo, Maric.

Hewett, Witherden stay in, Gaff confirmed sub & LEdwards to WAFL.
SPS on standby in case Petch injury can't come up, Bazzo/Maric competing for 3rd forward role.
Maric gets the nod mainly for Supercoach purposes please.

So bench is Gaff, Hewett, SPS, LEdwards, Petch, Witherden, Bazzo, Maric.

Hewett, Witherden stay in, Gaff confirmed sub & LEdwards to WAFL.
SPS on standby in case Petch injury can't come up, Bazzo/Maric competing for 3rd forward role.
Maric gets the nod mainly for Supercoach purposes please.

Don’t think they leave SPS on standby and potentially missing another week when he hasn’t played for a month. Unless he’s not quite right yet.

I’d say one of Bazzo/Maric plays WAFL with Ledwards and the other stays on standby, depending which of them could use a week off the most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t think they leave SPS on standby and potentially missing another week when he hasn’t played for a month. Unless he’s not quite right yet.

I’d say one of Bazzo/Maric plays WAFL with Ledwards and the other stays on standby, depending which of them could use a week off the most.
Contrary to what seems to be a widely held view on here I don’t think SPS has been that bad when he has played.

Clearly up to AFL level just hasn’t had an injury free run with us, or nailed a clear position.

Needs to do more but what he does do is usually good.

Contrary to what seems to be a widely held view on here I don’t think SPS has been that bad when he ha played.

Clearly up to AFL level just hasn’t had an injury free run with us, o nailed a clear position.

Needs to do more but what he does do is usually good.
Agree. Was amongst our best in the few weeks leading up to his quad injury and suddenly he is delist material. Definitely the sort of cheap afl quality player to keep on the list to guide the young ones through for a few years. Has speed and some class, 2 things we lack.

What's the concern on Petch?
Bang on brand, play a bit of a break out game and show something as an on baller then out injured the following week. He really can't get a run at it can he?
The main reason why he wouldn’t make it at afl level imo. Bit too fragile

If Gaff is dropped and the floggings continue, who is everyone going to blame then?
Its not about finding a better player that they wont have in the reserves. It's about finding if Gaff can turn it around because if he can't he needs to be cut from the squad to save his salary cap for someone actually performing near their income

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back