Preview Changes v Demons, Round 2 (upgraded to official preview)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Fagan had zero tolerance in todays press conference.

Loved I tbh. Felt very much like Fagan gave the players some tough love this week and the onus is on them to respond. Would have been easy to say the usual "players have put in lots of effort training and are not easy to bounce back" but instead made it clear that talk is very cheap sbd actions are the only thing that can speak tomorrow night.

I’ll go with only forced changes.

Round 1 we’ve always struggled. Last week was one of the most pathetic performances I’ve ever seen as a Brisbane supporter when you consider our expectations. I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt. Even though I believe coaching is the issue here not the cattle. The quality we have on the squad shouldn’t equate to that flogging port should have won by 80 plus they way we played.

One more week and if they play like they did last week. Mass clean out. Send a message and reflect on everyone’s performances. Including coaches.

Takes me back to JB's bake for the side after the Geelong loss, on Rich:

“It’s alright when he’s got the footy and he looks beautiful because he’s a great kick. “But time and time and time again you’ll see that from Daniel Rich having no interest in joining in on team defence.”

On forward line pressure (my personal gripe):

“They’ve got a forward line that they’re all goals kickers. You look at the other top teams, they’ve got three or four half forwards who can get up and down and help your turnover game,” he said.

And on our overall fitness profile:

“We know, if you’re in the bottom three or four teams in the competition at running ability, that ain’t going to get it done in the last fortnight of a season,” he said. “They might not like hearing that, but that’s just the reality of it. The modern game, the top teams, they’ve all got really good runners across the board – especially from their half forwards.”

I don't see how any of our admittedly talented recruits help us with any of these issues (unless McKenna replaces Rich), and to be honest the Port game reeked of all these criticisms.

Exactly what I’ve been saying for years. Every point in that post.

I lay the blame directly on the coaching here.

Hopefully we get less Wilmot dancing in the rooms and more Wilmot practicing footy. In fact less Instaspam showing us how they picked, or didn’t pick, their goal song, and maybe some old fashioned tackling drills.

Nah mate it's all about fun, games and #kickons

Loved I tbh. Felt very much like Fagan gave the players some tough love this week and the onus is on them to respond. Would have been easy to say the usual "players have put in lots of effort training and are not easy to bounce back" but instead made it clear that talk is very cheap sbd actions are the only thing that can speak tomorrow night.
Yeah I thought it was a good watch as well.

Disgraceful changes when you take into account it's always the same players getting chopped and changed, never allowed to get any continuity in their game.

Meanwhile you have players like McCarthy, Berry, Rich who fail to register a single tackle as senior players given a free ride purely because they are Fagan's favourites.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly what I’ve been saying for years. Every point in that post.

I lay the blame directly on the coaching here.
It’s looking in to the mirror.
aging really like you GIF

rate the joyce inclusion. hope he can straighten us up and frees rayner up as more of a swingman

i really hope we do not play zorko across half back where he is named but can not take much stock into these teamsheets anyway
How can you rate him, no one’s ever seen him play. Look ok, he looks like an Adonis, but gee Round 2 and you’re calling on a rookie to take on a top 2 team. I hope like everyone else here he plays a blinder. But gee… Round 2 and we are praying on a rookie to save us.

rate the joyce inclusion. hope he can straighten us up and frees rayner up as more of a swingman

i really hope we do not play zorko across half back where he is named but can not take much stock into these teamsheets anyway

Wouldn't surprise me if on the night Rayner and Zorko swap the position in which they're listed on the sheet.

Really rate the changes. Especially against Melbourne. The extra height is vital with how Melbourne are set up. The smalls are just going to have to massively up their work rate! Tipping a huge improvement on last week and we come out breathing fire! Hopefully we can get some pressure on the scoreboard early!

How can you rate him, no one’s ever seen him play. Look ok, he looks like an Adonis, but gee Round 2 and you’re calling on a rookie to take on a top 2 team. I hope like everyone else here he plays a blinder. But gee… Round 2 and we are praying on a rookie to save us.
we need a kpd and he is the one we have available to call up on

it is not a question of rating him as a player, rather what his role can add to the team. i posted that he should have been included last week before the team was released as we need some height early on.

whether he is much chop or not the juries out on. personally i am happy to back him in and hope he has a great game and shows the supporters why the club took him over say ethan phillips.

Reasonable changes.
Robertson, Tunstill and last weeks sub Prior did not do enough.
One may get the sub spot anyhow.
A bit surprised Lyons did not get a call up. Maybe he is pulling up a bit sore after games and training.

I have no faith in Joyce yet. Having said that i hope he has a blinder and proves me very wrong.
Would have Fullarton as the sub in case Joyce does not work out.

Joyce in for suspended Coleman.
Zorko in for Tunstall
Fort in for Robertson

He needs to play now against an opposition who will have resting ruck comfortably monstering our short defense. Or by round 15 we will all be whinging why he wasn't tried earlier in the season. We need him this week so good to see he's been included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back