Changes v Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: Hill (rest), one of Rosa/Selwood/Hutchings
In: Newman, Butler

Hill wasn't great and I think it's time to give Muzza a run.

I actually liked Rosa's game, Hutchings tackled and competed well and Scooter was alright as sub - but Butler's disposal and ball use off HB has been best 22 this year and if he's fit, he should come in.

Damn it, worried about the GC game now with no Schofield. We a chance to lose now?
This schtick is more fustrating than Gunnar's posting...

It rivals Alphabet's posting history even...

It is a 5 hour flight to Brisbane and then a 1 hour coach to the Gold Coast on a 6 day break. I would not be keen on risking anyone at all that is proppy. So Schofield is a likely out and Butler an unlikely in. Don't even think about risking McGovern.

Options as KPD to join Barrass - Yeo and Rosa. The way our Sheppingham combo has stepped up, we should be able to get the job done as a unit. Could also add in Colledge as he is 192 cm and whilst not ideal, he probably deserves a run and he may be able to cover a tall if needed.

Both Lynch and Dixon are around the 199/200 cm mark so if need be, trail Sinclair if they start to get on top.

Not ideal but given where we sit and the fact that the 2 weeks following the Suns we face the Hawks and Freo at Subi (ie with no travel), it may make sense.

Likely changes
Out Schofield, Hill
In Newman Colledge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is a 5 hour flight to Brisbane and then a 1 hour coach to the Gold Coast on a 6 day break. I would not be keen on risking anyone at all that is proppy. So Schofield is a likely out and Butler an unlikely in. Don't even think about risking McGovern.

Options as KPD to join Barrass - Yeo and Rosa. The way our Sheppingham combo has stepped up, we should be able to get the job done as a unit. Could also add in Colledge as he is 192 cm and whilst not ideal, he probably deserves a run and he may be able to cover a tall if needed.

Both Lynch and Dixon are around the 199/200 cm mark so if need be, trail Sinclair if they start to get on top.

Not ideal but given where we sit and the fact that the 2 weeks following the Suns we face the Hawks and Freo at Subi (ie with no travel), it may make sense.

Likely changes
Out Schofield, Hill
In Newman Colledge

I dont think you could get any more unlikely

Had a good game in their rout of Perth back on Anzac Day weekend.

Not great that his only good games have come in 100-point thrashings though.
still,better than no good games I guess.If he stays on the list and continues to improve could be handy.that seems like a big if tho

Butler plays inter of Schofield

If hill is fit he plays

I keep saying guys.....we need minimum ins and outs ...the least changes is the better

change isn't good for changes sake

Swing Yeo back .....also can drop Sinclair into a hole in defense also ......

No problems against Gold Coast .......

Must get McGovern and will schofeild back for Hawks

Hill looked sore, I think a rest might be good for him, we don't need him doing further damage.
Schofield should be managed as well.

Don't want to take Gold Coast too easy, but the way our team structures up we don't rely greatly on individuals.

Dixon isn't fully fit either, and their other talls aren't world-beaters.

With Ablett out and a few others we should be able to get the job done without those two.

Butler can fill in for Schofield, allowing Shep or Wellingham to 'play tall' with Barrass.

Any number of players could fill in for Hill, and we can throw things around a bit.

I could not find any flights direct to Cooolangatta. Travelocity came up with this response.
View attachment 156689

Do you think the AFL would be generous to charter a flight for the Western Australian teams?

Maybe, I know they flew the players direct to Hobart.

Or maybe they think Brisbane is close enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back