Preview Changes Vs Cats Round 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Does he have the skills to play up forward as a FP?

Maybe, but he should build those skills in WAFL rather than AFL. If he turns out to have less then great goal sense, why would you play him there over Hill and Cripps, who have both been in excellent form?

On the flip side, I would consider playing Hill in the backline this week (was great there vs. Port), with Wellingham playing in the center at times along with Cripps. Might make some room for Bennell on a wing or up forward; I'd only try it for short stints at first though. And that's assuming we don't bring in someone else instead, I feel like we may end up calling on Barrass if Geelong looks like they're going to go in taller.

People can't be seriously thinking we have a chance in this game, or that Scooter is an upgrade on Sheed?
We're back to our infamous starting midfield circa 2009 to 2014, aka The Turtle (no need for explanation), The Headless Chook (Scooter) and The Deer (Shuey-gets stunned in the headlights).
The young kids that have been the impetus for better results in the midfield this year are two thirds depleted, so we will struggle unless the Cats have a stinker. College surely has to get a game over McSpuddity. I hope Barrass gets a game too, but I think he's still a bit light on.

People can't be seriously thinking we have a chance in this game, or that Scooter is an upgrade on Sheed?
We're back to our infamous starting midfield circa 2009 to 2014, aka The Turtle (no need for explanation), The Headless Chook (Scooter) and The Deer (Shuey-gets stunned in the headlights).
The young kids that have been the impetus for better results in the midfield this year are two thirds depleted, so we will struggle unless the Cats have a stinker. College surely has to get a game over McSpuddity. I hope Barrass gets a game too, but I think he's still a bit light on.
So you don't rate Shuey?

afl app has colledge as the only in. happy with that if true.

bit concerned about how many centre bounces selwood attended last week. too many blindness bombs into the 50.

lucky nn and shuey are a well oiled machine at the moment.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1432880573029.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1432880573029.png
    210.5 KB · Views: 0

Why not?
Of course we have a chance, don't be so daft to mock people who are backing their team in - ridiculous to even question it.

Geelong got spanked by Hawks, Freo and Sydney, lost to North, scraped over the line against the Suns and Richmond (who they've beaten about 50 times in a row), and then beat average teams in Carlton and Collingwood.

They might have one of their stronger squads for the year, but I don't think Sheed is currently winning us games and will be missed that much - he's replaceable.
Yeo is obviously the big loss, but it just means others, like I pointed out earlier (LeCras, Cripps etc.) need to fill that void by stepping up to midfield.

This game will be a great test, not only of our depth, but of how far we've come as a squad, I can't wait for it.

Wow im not even this pessimistic fair play haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

afl app has colledge as the only in. happy with that if true.

bit concerned about how many centre bounces selwood attended last week. too many blindness bombs into the 50.

lucky nn and shuey are a well oiled machine at the moment.

I was at the game and Selwood actually surprised me in the center square. Did really well to win the ball and get into space.

I was at the game and Selwood actually surprised me in the center square. Did really well to win the ball and get into space.

Don't bother trying to say anything positive about him - falls on deaf ears.

(was also at the game, he did a lot of good things, happy he's back)

Intangibly Slow Brant!

I've been a big critic of him these last few years, injuries haven't helped him, but if he gets back to his best ala 2011/12 it will only improve our midfield and team.

I've been a big critic of him these last few years, injuries haven't helped him, but if he gets back to his best ala 2011/12 it will only improve our midfield and team.

He's brilliant at the defensive/pressure/one-percent stuff, but offensively he's limited.

We really just need to get the rest of the mix right in our midfield and use him primarily as a defensive player, and he is a great inclusion into the team. From an offensive perspective, Sheed and Duggan will have him covered in a year or two IMO. But his ability to affect the contest is unmatched by many in the side. Just needs a role and to play within it.

He's brilliant at the defensive/pressure/one-percent stuff, but offensively he's limited.

We really just need to get the rest of the mix right in our midfield and use him primarily as a defensive player, and he is a great inclusion into the team. From an offensive perspective, Sheed and Duggan will have him covered in a year or two IMO. But his ability to affect the contest is unmatched by many in the side. Just needs a role and to play within it.

Yep - I'm not saying he's a world beater, but the **** he cops on here is way over the top.

Is definitely best 21, and hopefully Simpson can get the best out of him, most likely in a defensive/mid role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back