Preview Changes Vs Cats Round 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Just re-reading Simmo's comments from the other day - who knows whether Sheed will be back for this one.

"Unfortunately we have lost Dom for a few weeks.

“We didn’t think there was much in it, but he has got a slight fracture of his hand.

“We could have got away with it, but it is not worth the risk.”

Who knows though. Jong and Heppell both only missed one week with a fracture in the hand. Hoping he is back.

Kersten is a fair size. No concerns he'll ragdoll Barrass?

I'm just curious, I don't know much about either player :)

Didn't know about Hutch. Hope he is available.
It's a concern for sure but we're looking at someone like Sheppard to standard kersten otherwise

Geelong are the first team we come up against this year with the personnel to really stretch our undersized defence.

Barass would also be handy as third man up in support of gov and schoey

Who knows though. Jong and Heppell both only missed one week with a fracture in the hand. Hoping he is back.
Think we may need him against geel. I know they haven't being great on the inside this year but they do have some big bodies in there led by selwood

My vote is to go in unchanged if we can. Maybe drop Bennell back to the 2s for having a bit of a stinker.

I think we are about to receive a bit of a touch-up in this game. Geelong's last few performances have been a step up from what we've been dishing up. Im still not convinced that we have the testicular fortitude to mount a decent fightback when challenged. If we can keep a loss under 4 goals I'll be happy.

If Yeo is still in these would be my changes:

Out: Bennell
In: Hutchings

Think we were 1 Mid short and at the moment would chose Nelson over Bennell.

Nelson Gov Butler
Shep Schoey Hurn

Duggan Priddis Gaff

Masten Mcinnes Lecra
Hill Jk Cripps

Ruck: Nic Nat, Yeo, Shuey

Bench: Wellingham, Sinclair, Selwood Sub: Hutchings

If Yeo is out and Sheed still injured bring in College and put him in the guts.

Don't like the idea of Hutchings as a sub. He's short of a tank after having no pre-season and he's only played a bit over a quarter of footy in the last fortnight.

Would almost prefer Lucas or McGinnity comes in as sub. We're running low on fit bodies atm, need to start getting guys like Rosa and Sheed back quickly.

Our pop gun defence has held up this far, but we are about to find out how it goes against real KPFs.

Agree with Bennell out for Barrass - hope they give it a crack.

Otherwise McInness to play on Clark and Schofield to play on Kersten/Stanley

Don't like the idea of Hutchings as a sub. He's short of a tank after having no pre-season and he's only played a bit over a quarter of footy in the last fortnight.

Would almost prefer Lucas or McGinnity comes in as sub. We're running low on fit bodies atm, need to start getting guys like Rosa and Sheed back quickly.
Hutchings is injured isn't he (Back)

Hutchings is injured isn't he (Back)

He withdrew on Saturday with 'back tightness' but I don't think that would rule him out for the next game.

Always hard to tell with our injuries though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OUT: Yeo, Bennell
IN: Colledge, Hutchings (sub)

Honestly, if we have a week where we may need a big bodied midfielder who spends some time forward and perhaps drop back to stand in front of Hawkins etc, why not throw Colledge a massive bone and finally give him a chance?

OUT: Yeo, Bennell
IN: Colledge, Hutchings (sub)

Honestly, if we have a week where we may need a big bodied midfielder who spends some time forward and perhaps drop back to stand in front of Hawkins etc, why not throw Colledge a massive bone and finally give him a chance?
Yeo is a huge loss i think he would of played alot of minutes in the backline this week, I would not be suprised if Barass comes in for Yeo and Sheed/Hutchings for Bennell

Bennell seems surplus to requirements with Butler, Shepp, Wellingham, Hurn, Nelson down there.

Yesterday I felt we missed Sheed (another inside mid) as we lacked drive from centre clearances.

Can't wait for Ellis, Darling and Rosa to add some more class into our team.

Nelson, McInnes, Butler will be the unlucky ones to eventually make way.
If Butler keeps his form up, he ain't going anywhere buddy

Hope we don't rush Shred back. Dogs board saying Jong has been ineffective since he's been back and in obvious pain.

Heppell returned fine though. Jong has been horrible since he returned but not sure his hand is entirely to blame.

To go in without Sheed and Yeo would be a big loss.

If Yeo suspension doesn't get overturned (which it should, without a shadow of a doubt)

Out: Yeo (bullshit suspension), Bennell (rubbish form)

In: Colledge, Barrass

B: Butler, Schofield, Barrass
HB: Hurn, McGovern, Wellingham
C: Gaff, Priddis, Masten
HF: LeCras, McInnes, Cripps
F: Hill, Kennedy, Sinclair
R: Naitanui, Shuey, Selwood
I: Nelson, Duggan, Colledge
S: Shepp
E: Lycett, Hutchings, Bennell (standby)

Shepp sub due to matchups and the fact that Nelson is a terrible sub

Remove this Banner Ad