Preview Changes Vs Richmond round 8, 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! Because that's what supporters do. Cold, wet and maybe hail, but we'll be there, cheering on our team that picks itself (because there's literally nobody else available) as they play a mediocre Tigers back into form. Unlike a Richmond supporting colleague here who, spoilt by three flags in four seasons, now that is the Tigers' turn to be crap for a while, is all like "I don't want to talk about football" and "I couldn't be bothered going to watch them". No fortitude.

It's funny, because if your favourite burger shop started serving crappy fries, would you keep on buying them? If a car manufacturer kept making cars that crashed, would you keep buying them? Money is the only message that companies really listen to. Supporters that keep turning up rain, hail or shine? They're basically telling the WCE board that Trevor Nisbett is doing a cracking job.

It's funny, because if your favourite burger shop started serving crappy fries, would you keep on buying them? If a car manufacturer kept making cars that crashed, would you keep buying them? Money is the only message that companies really listen to. Supporters that keep turning up rain, hail or shine? They're basically telling the WCE board that Trevor Nisbett is doing a cracking job.
The wait list is the problem here. I waited 10 years for my seated membership so that's a long time to get back in if I give it up. That guarantees the club a revenue base, even when the members don't actually show up.

Love how we have 3 inside mids on the bench yet Gaff still named on ball.

2 of them won't be on the list next year and Culley is still trying to find form as a mid

Its too early to be jumping off. Its not like we've been bottom 4 for a decade.

Girlfriend Thai GIF

It's trap. On whore island

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you're saying I shouldn't have bought that long sleeve Eagles jumper that I just got confirmation of shipping for today? Because it looks pretty sweet

I hear what you're saying. However, call me deluded if you like, but I feel supporting a footy club is not just a commercial transaction like buying fries or a car. I wouldn't have thought us going to the footy in Melbourne to watch the Eagles (using the membership we've already paid for) constitutes unstinting support for our CEO and endorsement of all he has done. Like most here I think he has passed his use by date in the job. The wooden spoon we will likely end the season with will probably have a greater bearing on his future than whether some disgruntled fans boycott their games.

We're better of playing them in the middle than gaff.

I can see the logic in Gaff taking some of the hits in the midfield to allow the younger players to get exposed to it more slowly. We don't want to mince our young mids too early. It's not like Gaff is the only guy in there.

So while I was a bit annoyed at Gaff getting some CBA's early, now it's fine. Once player availability is way better it will annoy me again.

We won a premiership 5 years ago, only the hawks have a better resume since we joined the league and look where they are at the moment.

The cats you could argue but I can see their time coming very quickly, their kids are s**t.

The way the AFL is set up simply doesn’t allow clubs to be at the top forever, something has to give for a few years.

I can accept 4-5 years being s**t if it leads to another premiership before 2030 which I think it will.

As long as we avoid being a middling team for long stretches give me those early picks baby.

We won a premiership 5 years ago, only the hawks have a better resume since we joined the league and look where they are at the moment.

The cats you could argue but I can see their time coming very quickly, their kids are s**t.

The way the AFL is set up simply doesn’t allow clubs to be at the top forever, something has to give for a few years.

I can accept 4-5 years being s**t if it leads to another premiership before 2030 which I think it will.

As long as we avoid being a middling team for long stretches give me those early picks baby.
The premiership is due in 2030 🤣:

1994->2006->2018->2030???

While I think we’d likely be the bottom of the 8 if we didn’t have injuries it genuinely is far better long term for us to be bottom 2 and not be a true reflection of our talent.

Our under 25 team is already shaping up to be good and add in another 5 high picks this year, things will turn very quickly.

Cole - McGovern - Bazzo
Hunt - Barrass - Jones
Chesser - Ginbey - Hough
Culley - Allen - Waterman
Long - Darling - Ryan
Williams - Yeo - Kelly
Hewett - Sheed - Duggan - SPS

Is a decent team for next year and only Darling, McGovern and Yeo should be “high injury risks” out of those. I’d have that team just outside the 8 and we have a number of young players that could be pushing for spots, as well as another couple of early picks that should be impacting games ala Ginbey this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back